The online racing simulator
Patch Y and Redline rpm
(11 posts, started )
Patch Y and Redline rpm
Hi i have a question,in new Y patch ist this " Redline rpm and rev limiter rpm point reduced in all cars"
and i want to know if i can disable rpm limiter because in X patch it wasn´t and it was one of LFS best things. Thanks for answer
#2 - Byku
Nope, You cannot disable rpm limiter .
#3 - Woz
Quote from Dante3000rpm :Hi i have a question,in new Y patch ist this " Redline rpm and rev limiter rpm point reduced in all cars"
and i want to know if i can disable rpm limiter because in X patch it wasn´t and it was one of LFS best things. Thanks for answer

So you think a few extra 100rpm is one of the best things pre X?

Just change your gearing and it will work the same.
As I said elsewhere, change your gearing and you'll never notice. Only a fool regularly hits the limiter, be it racing, drifting or cruising, so unless you are an idiot you'll never notice the change to the limiter.

Also, the limiter is not the same thing as the redline.
I do find it annoying where in a few cars you hit the rev limiter if you shift a millisecond late.
#6 - bbman
Quote from skstibi :I do find it annoying where in a few cars you hit the rev limiter if you shift a millisecond late.

Again, down to your gearing... The gears especially on the slower cars are so stretched out that the shift point literally is the limiter... Another reason to finally limit setups to decent values...
#7 - Woz
Quote from skstibi :I do find it annoying where in a few cars you hit the rev limiter if you shift a millisecond late.

The shift point is triggered BASED on your gearing. If you change your gearing it WILL change when the shift light comes on.

There is NOTHING annoying, you are just using gearing that is NOT suitable for the new engines in the LFS cars.

HTH
Quote from Woz :HTH

I won't help. People will continue to moan because they don't understand how cars/engines/gearing works, and more importantly aren't willing/able to learn.
But IT does NOT sound RIGHT, you should hear THE screaming sound AS it was in PATCH x, like the engine is ABOUT to explode, i do not want a rev limiter IN XFG.. (sorry woz, i had to.. but i do mean what i said)
Quote from Boris Lozac :But IT does NOT sound RIGHT, you should hear THE screaming sound AS it was in PATCH x, like the engine is ABOUT to explode, i do not want a rev limiter IN XFG.. (sorry woz, i had to.. but i do mean what i said)

In my version currently it sounds like this(see attachment and sig.).
||
||
\/

Attached files
XFG_sound_v05.mp3 - 399.1 KB - 159 views
The problem with patch X was the power curves...it kept pulling the same from 6k to 9k with no limiter

The limiter was a good quick fix to a pretty unrealistic problem imo...even better would be cylinder head flow data to limit the air flow at high rpm

obviously that would just be added into the power curve...but something is really missing since the cars in patch X just pulled hard until the tach pegged 2000 rpm past the shift point

Patch Y and Redline rpm
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG