The online racing simulator

Poll : Do You think there should be a mountain drift course?

Closed since :
Yes
No
Mountain - yes
Drift track - why not

But I don't see why you Have To Type Like This!!!!
I pay 60€ for 4 mountain hill climbs tracks like that of 4 or 5 km :P

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=pu9taX3osvo

Hillclimb with the v8 and FZR its my dream...i need it i pay for sure only make it but i understand devs have more thinghs to do whit lfs but a hillclimb gives some fresh air to lfs for sure
+1 for hillclimb.
+1 would be amazing. Not too many switchbacks tho or it would be pretty slow
It Would be great! and i think that isnt too hard to even do?
Quote from Ian.H :A rhetorical question?

And that pretentious name is one reason to ignore anything he says. I've seen that "drift bible" movie.. my bro and I hadn't laughed so hard since watching Jimmy Jones or Lee Evans on stage

And there you've just proven you have no idea either thus just nulled your argument... it has _nothing_ to do with racing, but _everything_ about posing / showing off.

Regards,

Ian

... hhmmm drifting can also be a sport not only to show of.. if you would be a nice gue you would say.. its a "different" sport (sorry fot bad english) so dont plaim drifting to be a show of.. its as hard as every driving ...or.. you know.. not good english en pelaa vittu pingistä sori sorry ;P
+1,26 for this
+1 for this idea. Too late to vote now. I'd like a track like this for different things.

Downhill drift
Touge racing
and Hillclimb.

EDIT: Oh, and will night time be included?
sam93 - his display picture says it all
+1 !!!
I still think mountain course should come..

Why using it only for drift? of touge?

In last few pages I havens saw people saing like: "Let's use it for rally!"

Because we have tarmac rally stages in mountains in France..
A mountain course would be nice, if it wont turn into mountain cruise
Definatly
Quote from Furiously-Fast :+1 for this idea. Too late to vote now. I'd like a track like this for different things.

Downhill drift
Touge racing
and Hillclimb.

EDIT: Oh, and will night time be included?

Definatly there should be a mountain course for drifting touge races and hillclimb and i think there is a Night mod for the LFS in the unoffical addons.
+1:lfs:
Quote from sam93 :what do you think of have a mountain drift course like whats on initial d and the fast and the furious tokyo drift on live for speed?

SUICIDE MOUNTAIN!!! (Mt Fuji) - We need that on lfs

EDIT : ohh and we must say offroad hill climbs and a few offroad vehicles to go up them:P (huge steep things)
Quote from sam93 :what do you think of have a mountain drift course like whats on initial d and the fast and the furious tokyo drift on live for speed?

How about an Oval Mountain drifting course
so long as it has forced rainy weather, steam powered tebo engines.
the mandatory Mobile phone on the dashboards, warp factor ten Clutch packs, All cars would have to be convertibles too so when the sun shines you can take the roofs off and get a muddy face. and cars will need good stereo to play music like Joe Satriani, Floyd Etc.
OOps gotta go infraction warning heading my way
Doubt you will ever see a mountain drift track just like we will never see another oval.
But all the other stuff may happen most likely the mobile phone on dash will be next.
Oops gotta go My Mobile is ringing
Freaking Mad Popps
Quote from popps258 :How about an Oval Mountain drifting course
the mandatory Mobile phone on the dashboards, warp factor ten Clutch packs, All cars would have to be convertibles too so when the sun shines you can take the roofs off and get a muddy face. and cars will need good stereo to play music like Joe Satriani, Floyd Etc.
Doubt you will ever see a mountain drift track just like we will never see another oval.
But all the other stuff may happen most likely the mobile phone on dash will be next.
Freaking Mad Popps

The first part was good, the second was useless

As mentioned before, there are no tracks that are purely drift-built or race-built. A track doesn't have to adapt to a driving style, it's the opposite.
It have surely been said before, but more that a mountain course (A-->B) having a long track made on a mountain road (like SO is made on town streets) so that people can have races with laps, or you could make your own start.finish lines to create your own hill climbs / downhill runs.
I think this is a wonderful idea, would be more attractive and approachable by the racers here if it would be a mountain circuit though. I quite like the idea, perhaps taking ideas from Gunsai? That is an amazing piece of road, it's narrow and has hills. So that means you're going to go up and down. Now, for the downhill boys that'll be blazing around in the XRG we could have another "track section," kind of like how South City has Town Course, and then there's the City, Sprint, whatever. It's a good idea, and would force others to use ideas not familiar with the usual wide race tracks. This has my vote.
Quote from popps258 :How about an Oval Mountain drifting course
Freaking Mad Popps

popps, do us a favour and please stop putting useless posts on the forums. The reason you got an infraction was because of your constant spamming over the negativity you saw in your oval thread.

For anyone that hasn't seen that thread, I'll just explain. Because LFS doesn't have more than one oval track and that people have mixed views about it apparently we all hate disabled people.

Of course that is total nonsense. If the entire population were FORCED to play LFS I can see your point, but as another member said, how you managed to get from ovals to intended discrimination in 6 sentences is beyond me.

A hillclimb would be fantastic (does it have to be a circuit or does LFS support one way maps?). Of course you'd get people using it for drifting (cuz we iz lkin lk doze peepz frm fst nd furioz tkyo drft init), but as a rally stage it would be good. Of course the only reason that people are suggesting it being at night is obviously the fast and furious movie, but I can imagine it now, solid stone on one side, imminent death on the other

So, +1 from me!
Umh, wrong. I haven't suggested anything because of FnF, my friend. Fast and the Furious was a money maker because of it's series, it gave it a bad image. A "touge" is a mountain pass, it's meaning has been changed by those guys who do like Fast and the Furious, to pretty much mean drifting. It's sad honestly, but set aside the FnF junk. It could be fun to drift, race, and have rally racing on. Implus, that would be scary stuff at night. Only if the rest of the tracks had the option to change the time, and the LFS headlights worked.
Hillclimb, or Downhill.

Grip-style.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Provide the track in its' entireity, and the drivers will use it to their amusement.

I, personally, would stick with grip-driving the hillclimb and downhill on it [the theorecital track in question], with the occasional daily-boredom-drift-session here and there. I'm building an Acura for the sport, and would love to have a virtual representation of the drive.
Quote from duke_toaster :A drift specific course? No.

But a circuit similar to Mount Panorama with a stupidly hilly section, 2 or 3 hillclimbs which could be used for drifting? +500

I am with you here. A race track that could be used for drifting =

Drift only = big No No!

-Luke
I don't see how something could be drift-only, or "only" for anything unless it was a autocross for karts...
Quote from Ca18Slider :I don't see how something could be drift-only, or "only" for anything unless it was a autocross for karts...

Agreed. As I said in my post above, offer the surroundings in their entirety, and the masses will use it as they see fit.

I know for a fact US National Parks don't engineer their roads through mountains to be "fun", but canyon-carvers like myself find much entertainment in them.

Mountian Drift Course
(482 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG