The online racing simulator
Eurovision 2008
(109 posts, started )
Terry Wogan does the final, Paddy O'Connell (who is funny without the added alcohol) does the semis.
Quote from hyntty :How's the commentary in other countries? We've got things reasonably good (After the polish entry: now that's why the hotel solarium was occupied the whole time..) and UK has to suffer from Terry Wogan but how's the rest of Europe doing?

I have to say, the german commentator is actually really good. He usually makes a sarcastic remark after almost every song.

I hope he does commentary for this year again.
Previously I couldn't care less, I didn't watch it even just for laughs... in 2006 I watched because of Lordi, last year I watched it because it was arranged in Helsinki... and now I guess I'm finally watching it for the laughs.

-
Quote from hyntty :You're missing the point. To me it looks like Ireland is a spoled prat who's protesting against the rest of Europe for not liking his songs

TBH, I dont think Ireland give a toss about not getting through. They sent him over to take the piss outta Europe, they obviously couldn't see it (just like yourself...).

To me, Dustin is a legend, was such a good icon growing up and watching him on The Den
Quote from jamesc :Here's Belgium

Eurovision is a big joke to me.

now thats a good music
sounds weird, what is she singing?
Quote from JO53PHS :Celine Dion is bad????? What the hell are you on?

I might have more respect if she hadn't had Phillips love child, then slept with Ugly Bob.

( Obscure South Park reference for those who don't know !)
Ok seeing as my weekend is going to be boring should i spend the time to watch Eurovision?
If so which are the good and which are horrible, and which one is going to win?
Quote from AstroBoy :If so which are the good?

None.
Quote from AstroBoy :which are horrible?

All.
Quote from AstroBoy :which one is going to win?

Don´t care.

Edit: Ok, I quite liked Turkey´s song but maybe it´s because the rest sucked so bad that an ok song stood out.
Note to BBC:
Finland has never been an eastern bloc country in it's first meaning, and even less Eurovision-wise!

What next, polar bears?
Oh god, Estonian song was...
Am I the only person that thinks another power metal + Finland win could be a distinct possibility?
Quote from duke_toaster :Am I the only person that thinks another power metal + Finland win could be a distinct possibility?

Dunno, but I might place a small bet for them at factor ~35! Even though I've only heard a half chorus of the whole contest.
Quote from duke_toaster :Am I the only person that thinks another power metal + Finland win could be a distinct possibility?

No. I'm with you on this one, there's a good chance.

Now that I saw the act too, I think Latvia will do good aswell.
My Belgian is quite poor but I think it would be something like this:

I saw you walk down the street
With some other girl
Always thought that I was the only one in your world
Baby can you tell me so
Out of sight out of mind ain't what love ought to be
And I hoped all the time that you'd be faithful to me
Faithful to me

All I'm asking you for when you walk out the door
Is to be my baby, baby
I just want to be sure
That forever and more
You would be my baby

Love is just like a flower baby it has to grow
And when you are away I'm even loving you more
I just have to let you know
One on one is the way and that's the way it should be
So if you're not gonna stay
Then don't be playing with me
You can set me free
Quote from thisnameistaken :Er...

Yeah, a lot of people said that at the time but AFAIK, there never was an official statement.

You can't really neglect the similarities, though.
Quote from niall09 :Quite obvious that political voting came into it last night at the semi final 1. All the eastern European countries got through...surprise surprise!

The Europeans obviously don't understand humour, hence the booing at the end of Irelands song. Ireland was purely taking the piss out of this useless competition and only done it for the laugh. I wouldn't be surprised if alot of countries started pulling out of this atrocity.

...carry on lads...

+1, just look at our contestant LOL.

I like Eurovision better as a freak contest.
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
Um... here goes

France: WTF

Spain: WTF^500

Finland: Not as good as Lordi

UK: At least it was better than last year, when we had a whole load of gays dancing like planes
Our entry was considerably better than recent years, still rubbish though. I think Iceland was the best of the ones I saw.
You dont watch Eurovision for the music (or the lack of it), its purely about the Wogan factor

Some of his comments are hilarious!
The voting is just ridiculous. Neighbour countries vote for each other and all those former soviet union countries vote for russia and Sweden hates Finland and blahblahbalbahlbahblabahl...

Stupid, stupid and stupid:arge:
Yep, and then the UK ends up with "Nil Point" (Although sometimes we do deserve it )

Eurovision 2008
(109 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG