The online racing simulator
Setupgrid.net competition: Cash prizes in June

To celebrate the success of Setupgrid.net and in our attempt to provide setups for every car/track combination on Live for Speed, we will be launching a free cash give-away throughout the month of June.

Money prizes will be awarded to the top 3 points scorers with a leader board available on Setupgrid.net to help you keep track of your position. To encourage a wide variety of setup uploads and to ensure requests are filled as quickly as possible, bonus points will be awarded for filling requests and uploading certain types of setup. More information is available on the competition page along with a detailed explanation of the points system.

There are numerous benefits for the community other than the chance to win some money. It should also encourage:
  • The most extensive collection of setups available to the community
  • Virtually all requests are filled, quickly
  • Lots of fresh content each time you visit
The competition will begin on June 1st 00:00 UTC and end on July 1st at 23:59 UTC. To make sure everyone will have an equal chance to win, we have announced this in advance of the start date. This is the safest way to make sure nobody gets a head-start

Rules and details: Setupgrid.net/setup_competition
My3id Gaming IRC channel: #my3id @ Gamesurge

All questions can be posted in this thread - good luck.

RULES UPDATE
The update is clearly highlighted on the rules page and I will paste it here for clarity.

Quote:
Doing any of the following may result in disqualification.
* Uploading more than one setup per combo/setup type - Example: A user with 50 FZR@AS3 setups will only be allowed to upload one hotlap setup, one endurance setup, one sprint setup etc.
This scenario forced us to implement this rule:
If someone had lots of FZR@AS3 setups, there was a loophole in the rules previously that would have allowed that user to steal all the bonus points by uploading 5 or more setups to the combo. This is not possible now. Additionally, the system will automatically prevent you from uploading more than one setup per combo/type. This limitation will only run in June and will only count setups uploaded in June.

3 days to go, good luck everyone.
Nice initiative Too bad i'm no good setup maker xD
#3 - scipy
k. i win this. no one else needs to participate cause i am the bestest and u dont stand a chance.
Quote from scipy :k. i win this. no one else needs to participate cause i am the bestest and u dont stand a chance.

LOL nice.
Quote from scipy :k. i win this. no one else needs to participate cause i am the bestest and u dont stand a chance.

but remember you dont like to share sets

lmao scipy, you made my day
lol @ i am the bestest xD
too bad i cant make sets.
I didn't know there was anything beside inferno's setupfield. Excellent work on the layout!
/OT
Quote from chanoman315 :but remember you dont like to share sets

Lmao, Pwned!

I actually saw the leader board a while ago and started uploading and ha dlike 60 odd points, then I found out it wasn't launched yet, so gay!

But yea, nice promotion Jack, I think i'll join in, though Sasa will probarly no life it and fill up the whole grid in about 2 days. :/
Quote from chanoman315 :but remember you dont like to share sets

hey, for a hundred quid i'll share my butthole with the comunity.
Looks like Mr rc10racer thinks it has started early

Recent Setups
UF1@WE1 - rc10racer
UF1@SO5 - rc10racer
UF1@SO4 - rc10racer
UF1@SO3r - rc10racer
UF1@SO3 - rc10racer
UF1@SO2 - rc10racer
UF1@SO1r - rc10racer
UF1@SO1 - rc10racer
UF1@KY3 - rc10racer
UF1@KY2 - rc10racer
Quote from scipy :hey, for a hundred quid i'll share my butthole with the comunity.

I would not say that, really *cough*
You have to read it properly, the actual point he has is not that he wants the 100 quid.....
-
(Zachary Zoomy) DELETED by Zachary Zoomy : oops
-
(niall09) DELETED by niall09
Quote from niall09 :Looks like Mr rc10racer thinks it has started early

Recent Setups
UF1@WE1 - rc10racer
UF1@SO5 - rc10racer
UF1@SO4 - rc10racer
UF1@SO3r - rc10racer
UF1@SO3 - rc10racer
UF1@SO2 - rc10racer
UF1@SO1r - rc10racer
UF1@SO1 - rc10racer
UF1@KY3 - rc10racer
UF1@KY2 - rc10racer

Been meaning to upload my sets for while now but forgot about it so this topic reminded to get off my ass and do it.

p.s. scipy whats the going rate for being a queer these days?
Quote from rc10racer :Been meaning to upload my sets for while now but forgot about it so this topic reminded to get off my ass and do it.

p.s. scipy whats the going rate for being a quere these days?

you should know, ja?
Quote from scipy :you should know, ja?

Yea cause i'm the one that turned your straight ass into the high pitch voice you have now..... always wondered why you started talking like that but might of been because that passionate weekend we had of you screaming like a little bitch pain bitch pain.
What's the difference between this and setupfield?

Edit: Ah, I see the categories. That's pretty handy.
And not just that, but it looks nicer as well (setupfield being a little retro with the whole minesweeper theme ).

I bookmarked the page and will definitely consult it
Nice promoting move there.

Too bad I am not so active at setup making or general racing for some months now, or else I would give it a shot, but now I don’t stand a chance and there is no point uploading useless setups… (most of them are outdated (before patch Y))

One question though.
What is going to prevent someone from uploading random crappy setups? or someone else’s work?
That is the best competition idea I've ever seen in the history of LFS.

So long, setupfield
#21 - Nobo
Quote from kaynd :

One question though.
What is going to prevent someone from uploading random crappy setups? or someone else’s work?

Well i think that:

Quote :
Members of My3id Gaming will not be allowed to participate.
Only setups uploaded to the public setupgrid will count.
Doing any of the following may result in disqualification.
Uploading false / innaccurate setups - Trying to inflate your upload rate.
Posting requests for more bonus points - Noticeable trends / relationships between any accounts regarding requests and uploads will be monitored.
Any other suspicious activity that is deemed to give an unfair advantage.

Our report system will go some way to helping us enforce the rules, but to ensure fair play the top 3 finishers will have all of their uploads scrutinized after the closing date.

Yeah I did read the rules… but I mean.
If 5 competitors upload 40 setup each. Who is going to check them all?

And who defines the “inaccurate” setup? It doesn’t have to bounce like a ball to be inaccurate…
I have 977 setups in my setup folder, many of them are made by me and most of them seem to be valid… but I know they are not competitive anymore.

Anyway I understand that this competition is a smart and fun way to fill a bit faster the setup grid.
But to my in my opinion it’s not the best way, knowing that massive setup upload will cause quality drop.
Quote from frokki :So long, setupfield

I wouldn't say that, they both are not focusing on the same aspect so I'll use both as a source for base sets for as long as they are around
-
(niall09) DELETED by niall09
I wish you guys the best luck and hopefully much more great setups can reach the community.
Quote from baSh0r :and hopefully much more great setups can reach the community.

Exactly - and thanks - and likewise

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG