The online racing simulator
How long you been with LFS
(130 posts, started )
Quote from felplacerad :Actually, the join date displays what date you registered at lfs.net (which is necessary when purchasing a license), NOT when you first activated your forum account. If the latter was the case there wouldn't be any join dates prior to 2005.

yes, but i didnt register to lfs site when i dl'ed lfs. i downloaded it from other place as a demo. i didnt register to the site pecause i never visited the site before the day i registered
Discovered it years ago in early S1 alpha (about the time Gran Turismo 1 on the PS1 came out) but didn't do more than mess about for a few laps offline.

About 2 years ago I bought TOCA Race Driver 2 and a Logitech DFP to play it with and rememebered the LFS demo as I was thinking of other games to play. Now I can't play any other driving game as they just don't feel right.
22nd September 2002 :faint2:

Has it really been that long?

Checked my RSC account as I joined that the same day I downloaded LFS, and I am still about, just not as active
since 2003 September
since the very first demo released back then..
At first I tried it in late 2003, but really started playing the demo when I bought my first wheel in April 2005.
Started somewhere in the 2006 demo, played it about 10 months, then bought S2, didn't had account here earlier so that's why it shows september 07 or what it looks like.
June 2007
I was on the demo a year before I joined the forums and I only got S2 about a year ago.

I haven't really played LFS though, I've been busy with real life. Now I'm even more busy but I spend most of my free time on LFS.
I play LFS since the first release. I was trying to find a good game for my Logitech Wingman Formula Force GP and LFS was the best for it. A bit hard to setup the axis though
Got LFS when it was first released but have only been playing online for 1 month. As I raced Bangers online I never really gave LFS a spin until now and have to say I'm addicted.
Quote from NitroNitrous :[...] A bit hard to setup the axis though

That must have been a bug in the early stage of LFS because the wheel had no such problems when I first calibrated it about two years ago.
Still think I've had the game for under a year - feels like longer.

I played the demo for a bit, really liked it and then bought Rfactor on the advice of my friend. Wasn't at all happy with the game so got my refund and purchased LFS.

I saw LFS at some games dvd (released by gamestar or some sort of gamers' mag), it was on november 2003 i think, but when i saw live for speed, i thought it's just some shitty imitation of NFS which i was playing (i was 13 years old brainless). Then on 6th February 2006 i downloaded LFS, just for try. I had a crappy wheel (Trust NF340 Race Master), but i tested lfs with that wheel and got really impressed. I started drifting then, but with mouse because my wheel broke. I was playing it about one year on demo, on 6th of april 2007 i bought DFP (finally) and few days after (18th of april 2007) i bought an S2. So i play for over 2 years now.
I found LFS in 2003, still love it, but the crashes and spinning up into the air are wierd

Mick
#92 - TG44
end of 2006.... got some licence summer 2007, quit playing in the middle of summer (no idea why)... but bought my own one at the time down here.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
<-

And i'm gona play lfs as long as ever possible!
I think I will stay with LFS till I die...
I've been playing LFS since the 1st demo came out.
In those days LFS was big news on the BH Motorsports site (the 1st screens were "oooh" and the description of the physics were "aaah"!!!) and the forum was hosted at Racing Sim Central.

It must be in 2002......wow...already 6 years ago....time really flies....but it seems like yesterday :cry:
Since 2006 and still lovin' it
January 07. I was farting around in S2 untill about April/May when I got really serious about it
Since December 2002.
First day of the alpha release I think it was, or first time it was posted on racesimcentral.
Since...I don't remember the specific release when I started to play but it was way before S1 was released...way before LFS had the following it does now...back when LFS had a simple website black with a few screen shots and a link to the ZIP file...back before the 'new' logo existed...so since 2000-2001?

Edit: Now that I think about it...the first system I played it on was my Shuttle AK31A Rev. 3, Athlon T-Bird 1GHz, 512MB RAM, ATi Radeon 8500LELE...so that was back in Mid-2000? I guess the bottom line is I am a hardcore LFS fan who doesn't post on the forums very often. I probably still have an account on RSC and I know I still have my +v in the IRC channel
must be about the same actually 00-01...scary... i know i started playing when i was still a teenager, i turn 26 later this year :P I play lots of games, but LFS always gets me back, it's kinda like a faithful dog, always happy to see me and ready to play oldschool lfs pic time

How long you been with LFS
(130 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG