The online racing simulator
no tire warmer in 2009 in F1
(37 posts, started )
everyone know this, but... I have a problem
is it allowed if just take a blanket on the tire with no heater?
Quote from scania :everyone know this, but... I have a problem
is it allowed if just take a blanket on the tire with no heater?

LOL I can just imagin a whole new team of tire warmers who get paid to scrub the tires with hot towels
put it this way.
you cannot pre-heat the tires before race/qualify
yh i see what your saying scania cos karting dont allow tire warmers but allow like reflective blankets, they look just like warmers without the heater
It will make the first lap more interesting. If you slip up, chances are it's game over.
Quote from james12s :yh i see what your saying scania cos karting dont allow tire warmers but allow like reflective blankets, they look just like warmers without the heater

no tire warmer but allow blankets.
than, is blankets warmer allow?
I heat the blankets, take it out, & take it to cover the tire
Quote from scania :I heat the blankets, take it out, & take it to cover the tire

The F1 teams will probably do that.
Maybe the regulations will ban any kind of artificial tyre heating, including putting hot covers (just hot, without heating system), err... scrubbing, using chemicals that can produce heat, focusing sunlight on tyres I think, with F1 teams budgets and the cost of just a minimal advantage, they'd even order giant fresnel lenses (1*1 metre) to heat tyres with sunlight.
Chances are they will invent some high tech tire warmer without its fancy name.
With just a blanket the heat would disappear to quickly on the tire so it would be useless. You'll just have to wait and see.
let's keep on thinking about different cheats F1 teams could use... inflating their tyres with compressed HOT air, brooding like a hen (imagine 4 big guys sitting on the tyres), "accidentally" setting the car on fire real quick, doing topfuel-like burnouts, first with front- then rear wheels on the rear axle,...
And: They could put some mechanics on the grandstands. They would have to follow the car's way and focus sunlight on the tyres while it's driving, using little beauty mirrors!!!

greetz

der justkiddingbutz
They'll eventually think of something.
#12 - Dru
I'm thinking that team will install under floor heating to their garages - or store there tyres in the sunniest part of the paddock - or maybe in a pile behind the car when the engines start
The sheer stupidity of F-1 regulations popping out these days is both alarming yet expected. It is now clear that F-1 has entered a new age of incomprehensible stupidity.

What's next? Ban hydraulic brakes and mandate the use of dodgy and hopelessly engineered brake cables that could break at any time? Boy, that'll be a great show...

2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, though I'm not so sure about the former.
Quote from Jamexing :2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, though I'm not so sure about the former.

You have encountered a Phrase Elemental
the scholar of your party asks how to deal with it:
(a) Plagiarism or (b) Quotation?
Don't get too excited all - it may never happen.

Many of the teams are pressuring the FIA drop the idea. Williams have in fact just invested 10s of thousands of £S into a hi tec tyre warming equipment which allows them to set up the temps easier.
Quote from xaotik :You have encountered a Phrase Elemental
the scholar of your party asks how to deal with it:
(a) Plagiarism or (b) Quotation?

Roll against ROFL: Agh!

:ices_rofl
Quote from Jamexing :The sheer stupidity of F-1 regulations popping out these days is both alarming yet expected. It is now clear that F-1 has entered a new age of incomprehensible stupidity.

What's next? Ban hydraulic brakes and mandate the use of dodgy and hopelessly engineered brake cables that could break at any time? Boy, that'll be a great show...

2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, though I'm not so sure about the former.

Pretty much every endurance series manage without those heating blankets just fine, why should the self-proclaimed "pinnacle of motorsport" run into problems then?
True - tyre warmers are banned for all MSA events in the UK if I remember correctly. Maybe there are exemptions but I didn't think so.
Quote from Jamexing :The sheer stupidity of F-1 regulations popping out these days is both alarming yet expected. It is now clear that F-1 has entered a new age of incomprehensible stupidity.

Tire warmers are banned from the majority of the worlds racing series, removing them isn't stupid and means that if anything costs will be cut a bit but more importantly drivers will have to start on cold tires adding a bit more of a challenge into the mix that F1 has been lacking in recent years.

I'd love to here why you think banning tire warmers is a bad move.
The problem lies with the tire compounds themselves, not the blankets.

Bridgestone is the sole supplier and can do as they please. They should modify their compound so that the rubber works only fairly well in a wide temperature range, including straight off the racks in the garage. The cars would be a little bit slower, but not that much. Now that Michelin isn't forcing them to push everything to the absolute edge, they don't have to make tires that work brilliantly within a 5C range but which fall off hideously anywhere else.

The sometimes dangerous conditions of low pressure/temp during safety car periods would be eliminated, and of course there'd be no need for tire blankets.
Just wait for 2010 when they ban engines, which are then replaced by a set of bicycle pedals & chain - though only after a long argument as to why the driver seating position is too awkward to cut a hole in the bottom and use Fred Flintstone like acceleration techniques.
Or just use an abstract temporal colloquialism generator coupled with esperidoidal commensals. The anataraxis of normality will be phenomenal, at least for those partial to citrus fruit.
I've figured it out, microwave guns. They can beam food cookin' microwaves onto tire stacks.
Pity the fool who crosses the beam.
:mr-t:
Quote from Lateralus :The problem lies with the tire compounds themselves, not the blankets.

Bridgestone is the sole supplier and can do as they please. They should modify their compound so that the rubber works only fairly well in a wide temperature range, including straight off the racks in the garage. The cars would be a little bit slower, but not that much. Now that Michelin isn't forcing them to push everything to the absolute edge, they don't have to make tires that work brilliantly within a 5C range but which fall off hideously anywhere else.

The sometimes dangerous conditions of low pressure/temp during safety car periods would be eliminated, and of course there'd be no need for tire blankets.

While at it, why not just use road compounds that work in wider ranges, like say, Bridgestone Adrenalins or RE-01s?

I don't mind using road compounds as long as the tire is constructed correctly for racing. And it is now apparent that people don't know what they are asking for. Even with today's tire tech, it is still only possible to make a tire perform extremely well over a well defined and somewhat narrow range, not like the silly American notion that one all season tire must perform well with everything (which ultimately fails).

By the way, the infinity quote was from Einstein, I just forgot to mention it that's all. BTW, if Europeans didn't "plagiarize" Chinese agricultural tech a few millennium ago, they won't be too many of them alive today. If the Americans didn't steal German scientist, there is simply no way they could advance THAT much in the short time space of the cold war. Point is, be careful whenever trying to finger point or insult, for the consequences might be more far reaching and dire than one could possibly imagine.

As the Japanese have realized centuries ago, to be creative and innovative, one must first copy. Some things such as basic Newtonian physics and machine physics are universal to all and must be shared. Unshared knowledge is ultimately useless in the long run and can only destroy the discoverer and ultimately humanity or at least one's own race. The Japanese used to copy the west, but now the tables have obviously turned as they are setting the standards. For instance, they did use the 997 turbo as a benchmark for the performance of their new R35 GTR, but the end result is a car as technically different to their benchmark as a 944 is to a 997. And last time I checked, the GTR soundly beats any production 911 turbo. This effectively makes the R35 THE new standard.

Would any of you know how to read, write and speak if not for so many years spent copying from the vast linguistic database that your elders and teachers have accumulated through their own experience and their forebears?
I think you're taking what he said too seriously, it was just a joke, more worthy of a ROFL response than a couple of paragraphs And from reading your comparison between the 997 Turbo and the R35, are you implying that you are a modern day Einstein?

Please don't feel you need to respond seriously, I am just having a laugh!

As for lack of tire warmers, my first thought was 'wow, there's enough trouble on the first lap anyway', but I realize you need to see how the new tires are to make that judgement. Perhaps they will work better at lower temperatures, as suggested already.

(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG