The online racing simulator
Champions League
(93 posts, started )
lucky save? van der sar dived the right way. so what, he guessed the right way, cech did the same with ronaldo.
Quote from DevilDare :ah man unlucky terry, he slipped Chelsea were by far better than man united.... and Ronaldo.... i mean wtf was he doing? He thinks he is so amazing and then misses the penalty, if not for terries mistake chelsea would of won. After the "lucky save" he was pretending everything is cool now, runny with the "cup" thinking he is best again.... Idiot

Fool.

If he didn't score in the first place, United wouldn't have won...

And what else is he going to do? His team win and he is supposed to cry with Chelsea?
Quote from dadge :lucky save? van der sar dived the right way. so what, he guessed the right way, cech did the same with ronaldo.

"lucky save" Me is sarcastic

Edit-Oh noez getting attacked by Irish

Edit 2-I aint saying anything bad about Ronaldo, i just think he imagines him self way too good for anyone else. Hmmm how can i put this, show off would be a good word?
Quote from DevilDare :ah man unlucky terry, he slipped Chelsea were by far better than man united.... and Ronaldo.... i mean wtf was he doing? He thinks he is so amazing and then misses the penalty, if not for terries mistake chelsea would of won. After the "lucky save" he was pretending everything is cool now, runny with the "cup" thinking he is best again.... Idiot

People like you obviously don't watch or take part in football with those comments.

GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED!!

BUILD A BONFIRE BUILD A BONFIRE PUT ARSENAL ON THE TOP, PUT CHELSEA IN THE MIDDLE AND WE'LL BURN THE F'IN LOT!!

Awesome game, went to the pub with nearly all my family and freinds, apcked with united fans, the atmosphere was electric, thats why i always go to the pub for big games, theres no substitute unless your actually there.
Quote from The Moose :Fixed.

Double fixe that plz , the 1st CL won my MU against Bayern was another lucky masterpiece, i wanted Chelsea to win, but what a heck, penalties are a lottary.
Quote from The Moose :Fixed.

LOL! Chelsea had the most luck in the entire game, they shouldnt have even got that goal and we should have scored more.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :LOL! Chelsea had the most luck in the entire game

Try watching the match again without your beer goggles on.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :LOL! Chelsea had the most luck in the entire game, they shouldnt have even got that goal and we should have scored more.

Its because football is not math - real science -, tell us what you felt when the bar rebounded the ball in the overtime
So the American team beat the Russian team? OK...
Yeah, i shat myself, so what? who cares, thats all anyone says, it was luck, seems to be the influence to everything now, we won, chelsea didn't take it like men bitches
Quote from fujiwara :Its because football is not math - real science -, tell us what you felt when the bar rebounded the ball in the overtime

My guess is he felt a damn sight better than half the people here when Terry hit the post

I thought the pitch was still shocking, it was pretty clear to see from most players close ball control that it was rather unpredictable at times, with the odd bobble and that spoiled a lot of the football that could have been on display.

Still, I thought it was a very good game, United should have been 3-0 up and buried the game in the first 30-35min, then a pair of bad deflections and Lampard the deflection maestro himself seems to find the ball at his feet and VDS crawling all over the floor just let them back into the game for half time when it should have been done & dusted, name on the trophy time.
2nd half was all Chelsea for the first 30min, United came back in the latter stages. 2 posts hit, bit of a lucky escape, but then so is having your CM being stupid enough to hit shots straight at the goalie, maybe he couldnt see him in his fluorescent orange top?
Terry getting his noggin onto a toe-poked shot from Giggs again saved them, but it ended with penalties.
I dont think theres anyone who likes them, they go hand in hand with play-acting, shirt tugging and ref crowding as things that are sh!t about footie.

Im suprised only 1 was missed, and 2 were saved out of the 14 taken, there were definately a couple from the Utd lot i had my doubts about (infact, probably all but Ronaldo!).

It was a shame about the scrap at the end of injury time, frankly that whole incident was an embarrasment, twice Utd kicked the ball out to touch for injuries while in possession and a right to play on, both times Chelsea hoofed the ball down the other end of the field for a throw in. Chelsea kicked the ball out twice, the first time (the 2nd time in the game it'd been kicked out for injuries) United gave the ball back, was passed along the ground to iirc A.Cole's feet, the second time (4th in the game) Tevez knocks the ball out for a throw in, about 5-10 yards from where the throw-in was taken. Apparently thats not the sporting thing to do, and Tevez should be harrassed and shoved about?
For me, Ballack should have been booked, and as wrong as what Drogba did, and the rules back up the red card, for me it wasnt as bad as Ballacks actions because he came running in as the 2nd man shoving Tevez and sparked the whole incident. I really dont like Drogba, probably in the same way many dont like Ronaldo, for the play acting, his ability to out-muscle some of the best defenders in the world yet be made of polystyrene when he gets a tap, and his 'everyone is against me' look when the ref see's it all (as i say, very little difference to plenty of footballers, incl Ronaldo), but i feel sorry for him, it was a stupid thing to do, done in the heat of the moment, all out of the insistance that Utd dont copy Chelsea's attitude of 'go fetch this' for a sporting gesture.

I dont think Chelsea did enough to claim they were the best team, they had good spells and times when they looked disinterested, they had some luck in the equaliser, and 2 shots unfortunate to hit the post. I also dont think United can claim they were the better team, similar story, different halves. A well worked goal and 3 clear chances to put the ball away, shot straight at a Chelsea player.

I'd have taken the result over the performance, as anyone would, but it was nice to actually see a fairly decent game of football between the 2 sides (or any other game incl Chelsea) because they have a tendancy to drain them of entertainment and bore out games. Thankfully there was very little of that.

I have no care in the world for Chelsea, before RA they were fine when they were winning the odd FA Cup etc, since he turned up id quite happily see them lose, they cant really finance what they're doing, and i dont like that aspect (incidentally, i'd have been reasonably happy for Arsenal to win the league, they play football how it should be played... most of the time), but its a sh!t way to lose out in such a big occasion, nobody deserves that, and even though he can be a cnut at times, it was hard on JT, i wonder if he'll be hounded and blamed like Beckham was for his identical penalty slip which saw England go out

Pearcy you JLC, Chelsea & Arsenal bonfire?.... deary me. What next? 'if you hate Tottenham clap your hands'?

Obladi Oblada, Man United, European Champions!!
:trophy_si
I'm just waiting for Bladerunner to come on and give us his rant/sob story!

I guess it will feature the following points:
1. Man U were lucky
2. Chelski were unlucky
3. Avram Grant is a noob
4. Terry is a leg/nob end

Or something like that...
Quote from mrbogeyman :I'm just waiting for Bladerunner to come on and give us his rant/sob story!

1. Man U were lucky
2. Chelski were unlucky
3. Avram Grant is a noob

Every word of it true

Any chance of old whiskey nose retiring now?
not a hope in hell, give him 3 more season and 3 more doubles, then he'll quit.
I supposed you'll still be turning the corner by then, round and round in circles getting nowhere

1 shot on target, coming from a 35 yard shot which was deflected twice, before becoming a sitter for Fwank 'It went in of the defender on the way in' Lampard.... robbed, absolutely robbed. Poor old chewseee
I a way I am glad united won, okay I will admit the constant gloating from those arses will be unbearable, but if those Toffs in London started having fisticuffs with the police because their team lost, it would be like Rangers all over again up here, and that sucked quite a lot.
I found my new talent, watching the game with my mates I called every single penalty, I said hit or miss before they kicked. I got it 100% right too, I said if Ronaldo missed then Terry is definately going to miss, and Anelka just looked like a mess and full of nerves when he stepped up. I think Ronaldo needs to stop that stupid double run up when taking penalties, all the best pen takers blast it into the bottom corner, no nonsense.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I found my new talent, watching the game with my mates I called every single penalty, I said hit or miss before they kicked. I got it 100% right too, I said if Ronaldo missed then Terry is definately going to miss, and Anelka just looked like a mess and full of nerves when he stepped up. I think Ronaldo needs to stop that stupid double run up when taking penalties, all the best pen takers blast it into the bottom corner, no nonsense.

Before he took the penalty i was PLEADING with him to take his double run up. Every penalty i can remember him taking he's done that, and then this season, then against West Ham he didnt do it, Green knocks it away, Barcelona - it goes wide. Those are the only 2 times i can remember Ronaldo ever taking a 'conventional' style penalty, for the last 5 years in United or Portuguese colours, he's ran, paused, looked for the keepers reaction, and stuck it into a corner.
So dozens scored with the method, one saved.... i'd hardly call it unsuccessful, and it hasnt let him down before, and he's taken plenty of big penalties, incl one that knocked England out of Euro 06. He can keep taking them ahead of every other Utd player for my money, he doesnt shirk the responsibility, he's so full of himself he doesnt for one second seem to think he could miss, and scores them far more often than a keeper saves or he misses, and how many times have you seen players making that walk and you know they're heads screwed up under the pressure.
Didn't want utd double wanted Chelsea to win it! but was a good game.

poor John Terry out of all chelsea PK takers I thought Ashley Cole would miss

owell giggles
Attached images
terryuo1.jpg
Quote from paddy_racer :Didn't want utd double wanted Chelsea to win it! but was a good game.

poor John Terry out of all chelsea PK takers I thought Ashley Cole would miss

owell giggles

haha
The pub was so pissed that we all jumped up as we thought van dersar saved ashley cole's penalty
Quote from mrbogeyman :I'm just waiting for Bladerunner to come on and give us his rant/sob story!

1. Man U were lucky
2. Chelski were unlucky
3. Avram Grant is a noob

Or something like that...

/me is here!!!

Man Utd .. all TWELVE OF THEM.. (Players plus teh REF!!) were lucky!
Chelski...All NINE of them (Drogba and Joe Cole seemed to forget there was a game on last night!) were bloody unlucky!
Avram Grant is a NOB, not a n00b...there is always hope for a n00b! (Any other comments may result in accusations of anti-Semitism)
In the same situation, (1 kick to win the biggest prize in Euro club football) there is no player I would want to see take it more than JT..He IS a legend, prolly the best skipper Chelsea have had since Chopper or Wisey ( and I DO remember Butch Wilkins as Chelsea captain!)

@Pearcy.. You AND family and mates in a pub watching the game? Didnt know you was from SURREY!!! (Only place I know with that many ManUre supporters in one place!)

FIFA Rulebook amendment..It is now acceptable to try and kick a player in the head while he is:
a) STANDING!!
and b) In the penalty area!
Any ref spotting this action should wave 'play-on' and definitely NOT send off golden-balls Ferdinand for Dangerous Play.
This same ref must at all times be accompanied by assistants that have absolutely NO knowledge whatsoever concerning what constitutes a CORNER and what is a GOAL KICK.

Quick reminder to everybody..it was the same ref that allowed a goal against Chelsea when the ball had not crossed the line (vs Liverscouse a couple of years ago!)

Happy now Bogey?

Typical football fans twaddle.

About luck. Atleast Manu scored a goal themselves. Chealsea´s goal was lucky. Two deflections, Van Der Sar slipping and Lampard being in the right place. Now if that´s not luck then I don´t know what is.

About the refs. Drogba´s sending off was so late in the game that it didn´t really change the outcome. I only noticed a few (rather obvious) mistakes when giving corner or goal kicks.

About the Ferdinand incident. I´ve never seen a penalty awarded for dangerous play. Why should this time be any different?

Anyway the teams were very very even. I´m not a fan of English football so I didn´t really root for either but atleast the game was exciting.
Quote from Kalev EST :
About luck. Atleast Manu scored a goal themselves. Chealsea´s goal was lucky. Two deflections, Van Der Sar slipping and Lampard being in the right place. Now if that´s not luck then I don´t know what is.

Lampard has scored most of his goals like that, thats where he excels, yes he was fortunate because of the deflection, but Lampard seen the opportunity and it paid off.

Quote from Kalev EST : About the refs. Drogba´s sending off was so late in the game that it didn´t really change the outcome. I only noticed a few (rather obvious) mistakes when giving corner or goal kicks.

Drogba would have taken the 5th penalty, i'd put money on him scoring. Inter here he comes .

Champions League
(93 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG