The online racing simulator
Eurovision 2008
(109 posts, started )
Eurovision 2008
Well the 1-st Semi-final is over,im really sad that Ireland didnt get to the final,cause i liked it,but then comes the Estonian song,hmm..,how to say it,:It sucked
Well, i'm glad Serbia is hosting such big event, but the songs (so far) are horrid! I only liked Israel and Armenia (plus the girl is really hot )
Btw, what do you think of our Jovana Jankovic (the host)?
I hate Eurovision.....just highlights how divided Europe is

and since when was Israel in Europe?
#4 - J@tko
No doubt another 'nil points' or similar for the GB entry

^ Well said
i hate eourovision, finnish never choose good artists to there.
i think Popeda should be gone there
Quote from mookie427 :I hate Eurovision.....just highlights how divided Europe is

and since when was Israel in Europe?

They are part of the European Broadcasting Union
I hate pop music at the best of times, and Eurovision is the ultimate in utterly soulless corporate treadmill songwriting. They pick the most commercially viable product with the most bland lyrics and they put it forward. It makes me sick. Bubblegum sugar pop makes me want to kill.

So I don't care who wins or who scores points. I've never watched it and I don't plan on starting now.
Quote from Dajmin :I hate pop music at the best of times, and Eurovision is the ultimate in utterly soulless corporate treadmill songwriting. They pick the most commercially viable product with the most bland lyrics and they put it forward. It makes me sick. Bubblegum sugar pop makes me want to kill.

So I don't care who wins or who scores points. I've never watched it and I don't plan on starting now.

You've worded it all perfectly.
#9 - Lible
Dajmin said it all.. altough I must admit I'll smile for 3 seconds in case Estonia wins.
I bet all of you secretly love it, you're just too ashamed to admit it!

At least in the UK we have the prospect of listening to Terry Wogan as he becomes more and more drunk as the night goes on!
I was gonna make this thread but i can't. My tutor group at school has got to do an assembly about eurovision. Lordi FTW.
Quote from batteryy :i hate eourovision, finnish never choose good artists to there.

I beg to differ..

Quote from Crashgate3 :I beg to differ..

o c'mon, that isnt finnish music. the finnish should be drunken and sing with finnish words. thats mostly what i see if i go to see some finnish artist i like
well,they sang finnish this year :P
Quote from bmwe30m3 :well,they sang finnish this year :P

yeap, i know that one. but they arent drunken, but i bet nobody would be drunken there :P i only hate the song, i never liked teräsbetoni
Quote from Thorvertonian :At least in the UK we have the prospect of listening to Terry Wogan as he becomes more and more drunk as the night goes on!

It's quite scary that you just quoted my girlfriend almost word for word. Just like Jools Holland at New Years
Quote from batteryy :yeap, i know that one. but they arent drunken, but i bet nobody would be drunken there :P i only hate the song, i never liked teräsbetoni

Well atleast they didnt look like Estonians(they looked like Ga*s)
Quite obvious that political voting came into it last night at the semi final 1. All the eastern European countries got through...surprise surprise!

The Europeans obviously don't understand humour, hence the booing at the end of Irelands song. Ireland was purely taking the piss out of this useless competition and only done it for the laugh. I wouldn't be surprised if alot of countries started pulling out of this atrocity.

...carry on lads...
lithuania did an amazing job in my opinion, the guy knows how to sing UK .... crap as usual

and Lordi just pwns all, after that i went and got a a little medal kinda thing with Lordi on it. Love the group
The Eurovision song contest is a bloody joke. I only watch it to listen to Wogan's comments

Britain's entry last year was the biggest load of s**t I have ever seen in my entire life
Quote from JO53PHS :The Eurovision song contest is a bloody joke.

Well no wonder, when UK's and majority of other songs are redicolous year after year, can you guys sing some good song, some bloody good bands came from Britain, so wtf?
As much as i may sound biased, Serbias songs were all great in the past couple of years, real songs that you can expect on this kind of contest, the contenders made this competition a joke, nobody else..
Eurovision is finished. Eastern European countries are stuck in a musical time warp and they dominate it. To them the Eurovision is what Italia 90 was to us.

Lets just laugh at the two meaty legged (with stuffing and gravy) salute we've given a continent that only has two countries contributing to the world music scene. (Ireland and UK) Think about it.
Quote from JO53PHS :The Eurovision song contest is a bloody joke.

And a waste of my TV license fee.

Seriously though, we have bad groups? Ive seen alot worse from other countries.
Quote from Boris Lozac :, can you guys sing some good song, some bloody good bands came from Britain, so wtf?

..no decent band would go anywhere near Eurovision. It a big embarrassing joke.

Eurovision is everything that's bad about music. It's a celebration of complete mediocrity.

Not once in living memory has a decent song/talented artist come out of Eurovision.
About ze booing:

Ive heard some serious ****e at eurovision that wasn't booed. It was booed coz of the puppet. Put a dude up on stage doin the same song and it wouldn't be booed. Ireland broke ground and the euro gang don't like the fact that we pissed all over the contest. Its the ultimate up yours and eurovision deserves it. Unfortunetly those boos and the eastern european retards of music will keep it going. After this, I say we should pull out and boycott it.

[/rant]

Edit: Oops, wrong forum :O Will leave it here anywho

Eurovision 2008
(109 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG