The online racing simulator
Racing sponsors on silly places?!
(30 posts, started )
Just as the tittle says

What do u think iss the most silly and poinless place to put a sponsor in racing?
I had conversation with friend of mine about this topic and was thinking what the guys here would say about it

Excample: a place were u think nobuddy realy sees
excample: on the rim ore something like that

Feel free to discus about it

Rules:

Dont start to insult eithother for no real reason

have fun!
do you mean like, under the hood of a car? or something like a weird race thing ish thing
Quote from Bose321 :do you mean like, under the hood of a car? or something like a weird race thing ish thing

i edited my first post hope makes it more clear for you?
The bottem of the spoiler htf would you read that?
Quote from Luke.S :The bottem of the spoiler htf would you read that?

Front Bumper cam from the car behind.
The soles of the driver's shoes?
Quote from Luke.S :The bottem of the spoiler htf would you read that?

The one's under the spoiler are actually very visible to the driver of the car and when its on track, and like the guy above me said, when or if some of the in-car footage goes on telly it is visible, also when people in the paddock look at the car they notice it, also on pictures etc so its actually a good spot for sponsorship.

TBH i don't see where this thread is going, no-one will sponsor a car when their company is not visible, manufacture's may put their logo or brand name on a device or something that the race team have bought for the car, but that's not the same as sponsoring.
In the fuel tank.
On the underbody of a car
Quote from Bumpdrafter :

haha, yeah i never thought about that...but you'd have to look superfast because of them spinning...good idea if the car your sponsoring wrecks alot!
Quote from scoobyrbac :haha, yeah i never thought about that...but you'd have to look superfast because of them spinning...good idea if the car your sponsoring wrecks alot!

Sadler did it again the year after
As long as the sponsor on the floor of the car is the roll cage manufacturer!
The ones stuck on the side, but backwards.. visible, but pointless.. actually, 'backwards' sums it up just nicely

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Ian.H :The ones stuck on the side, but backwards.. visible, but pointless.. actually, 'backwards' sums it up just nicely

That post was a bit predictable. Them backwards sponsors on race cars now?

Silliest place would plainly be where you can't really see. In a small vent, under the bonnet. Fair enough you'd see them if you were next to the car, but watching it fly round the track you'd never notice them.
Quote from beefyman666 :That post was a bit predictable. Them backwards sponsors on race cars now?

Silliest place would plainly be where you can't really see. In a small vent, under the bonnet. Fair enough you'd see them if you were next to the car, but watching it fly round the track you'd never notice them.

Whel I once saw a sposored rim how pointless is that caus when the car races the rim spins so fast you'l never actualy see it
People are saying like ' on a spoiler under a bonnet. When people walk around the paddock, you CAN see them because the car isnt moving and you can walk right up to it(maybe not at Formula 1 or LeMans but at local events Semi- Professional and even Btcc! etc.
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Whel I once saw a sposored rim how pointless is that caus when the car races the rim spins so fast you'l never actualy see it

yes, but the car isnt moving forever
I once saw a sponsored fire extinguisher!
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Whel I once saw a sposored rim how pointless is that caus when the car races the rim spins so fast you'l never actualy see it

But it proves useful in pictures, and when you see the car on TV pull into the pits.

Quote from Thorvertonian :I once saw a sponsored fire extinguisher!

"Crap! My cars on fire!! I KNOW! I'LL USE THE GILETTE SPONSORED FIRE EXTINGUISHER! Gilette, the best a man can get..."
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :But it proves useful in pictures, and when you see the car on TV pull into the pits.

"Crap! My cars on fire!! I KNOW! I'LL USE THE GILETTE SPONSORED FIRE EXTINGUISHER! Gilette, the best a man can get..."

Haha you just made my day once again nathan
Not racing related, nor is the placement silly, but when you consider the sponsor name and placement.....

For the Finnish-impaired, text reads "utilitytriangle"
Quote from Krane :Not racing related, nor is the placement silly, but when you consider the sponsor name and placement.....

[ snip image ]

For the Finnish-impaired, text reads "utilitytriangle"

heh, isn't that also the symbol used for recycling? the mind boggles

Regards,

Ian
I have a large pogo-stick to recycle, can I have a go?

(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG