The online racing simulator
Live translation from race
(11 posts, started )
Live stream from race
Hello,

i'm sorry, if the thread is in wrong sectiong but i really didn't know where to make it.

Anyways, my question is about live stream of races. How can it be done ? I've heard that TV-card is needed for this and thats all. If anyone could help with some tutorials or guides or can help with tips please - help.

Thank You, Kirill.D.
you probably mean a transmission right?
No, i mean live translation

Like you can connect via WMP or Winamp and watch race in LIVE . Like MoE 24h race had. How is it possible to make this system ?
At the moment, screen capture (either using screen capture software, or using screen output), send to streaming server, which people connect to using WMP/VLC/whatever. You can bypass the streaming server if you have enough upload bandwidth available, to just stream from where ever you're recording from.

There are various methods in acheiving this and outlining them all might take some time. It all depends what resources you have available to you. The one thing that is certain you'll need is a decent amount of bandwidth (upload) somewhere, typically on your actual front end server which users connect to.

That's if you want to stream it live during the race.

If you want to stream it afterwards you can just use something like camstudio to generate a SWF, or something similar, and pop that on the web.
I would like to do live stream, not play replays later. So people who doesn't race could see the race via stream in live.
Funny, I wondered this same thing a few days ago. Would someone who has done livestreams tell what software he used.
Quote from morpha : Shouldn't be that hard to stream to a server instead of the avi file

Does it say so somewhere that it's capable of doing that? Otherwise it is't any better than any other screencap software
Quote from hyntty :Does it say so somewhere that it's capable of doing that? Otherwise it is't any better than any other screencap software

It's open source so you can implement streaming functionality yourself, that's what makes it better than fraps & co
Quote from morpha :implement streaming functionality yourself,

:doh: Imagine you wan't to get a pair of nice warm wool socks. You ask someone where you could by them, he guides you to a store where they sell wool string and tells you to knit a pair yourself

Not that I knew anything of knitting, of course.
Quote from hyntty ::doh: Imagine you wan't to get a pair of nice warm wool socks. You ask someone where you could by them, he guides you to a store where they sell wool string and tells you to knit a pair yourself

Not that I knew anything of knitting, of course.

Well it's the best (free) solution I could come up with, or so I thought... "Taksi" doesn't really work and seems to be dead

Live translation from race
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG