The online racing simulator
Quote from Gekkibi :It would be a good idea. After the competitors have been selected, I will make a poll. The problem is that we have both americans and australians in the competition. Either americans have to wake up early or australians have to drink alot of coffee. But the majority decides when the race is help (From 9UTC-15UTC).

Hey Gekkibi, you're still planning to make this poll? I would like to have the race at 14 or 15 UTC, because of the Monaco Grand Prix at 12. And I'm sure the Americans amongst us would like to have the race a bit later too
Quote from Mazdaratie :Hey Gekkibi, you're still planning to make this poll? I would like to have the race at 14 or 15 UTC, because of the Monaco Grand Prix at 12. And I'm sure the Americans amongst us would like to have the race a bit later too

+1
We have one racer from Singapore, so as long as it is good for him, we can have the race any time you want.
Quote from Gekkibi :We have one racer from Singapore, so as long as it is good for him, we can have the race any time you want.

the race will be 25.5.2008 12:00 UTC... ? or another time? can you turn on the server with settings for the race pls
Quote from JackCY :the race will be 25.5.2008 12:00 UTC... ? or another time? can you turn on the server with settings for the race pls

I will host the server tomorrow. And the time of the race is open (It purely depends what time you would like to race. If even one prefers normal time than later, we will have the race starting 12:00 UTC. But if it is okay to everyone, surely we can change the time. I have cleared my calendar a long time ago. ).
Quote from Mazdaratie :Hey Gekkibi, you're still planning to make this poll? I would like to have the race at 14 or 15 UTC, because of the Monaco Grand Prix at 12. And I'm sure the Americans amongst us would like to have the race a bit later too

+1, 15 UTC would be awesome if we could do it then
Hi guys, I'm the Asian guy that Gekkibi mentioned. Time here is +8 hours UTC. But 15 UTC will still be fine with me. As I'm on hols now, my time is flexible.
So be it. 15:00 UTC it is.
Great! Big thanks to Sidewinder1009!
Quote from Mazdaratie :Great! Big thanks to Sidewinder1009!

No problem dude . I myself wouldn't want others to disrupt my F1 watching session too.
I would like to apology that I picked the time of pre-qualifications so "randomly". Because I don't like to watch F1 (Stopped watching when Häkkinen won his first championship. Senna FTW), I didn't realized that P-Q's and F1 was in the same time.
The advantage for this is also that your SC pilot gets to sleep in an extra couple hours !

FTW !

About the practice run tomorrow: I can come 13 UTC to the server. I try to give the skins to you today (Finally got the missing skins).
Uhmm... I'm afraid I can't join the practise session tomorrow. Have to play for barkeeper whole afternoon
Quote from Mazdaratie :Uhmm... I'm afraid I can't join the practise session tomorrow. Have to play for barkeeper whole afternoon

Okay. See you on sunday, then.
Quote from GjeNgiX :Gekkibi u put wrong Flag to my skin im not from Albania im from Kosovo my flag is:http://farm3.static.flickr.com ... 2273126670_c35bb583c5.jpg

Terrible sorry about that. I placed those flags to helmets quickly/automatically. Took flag from your user-profile without watching what flag were there.

Going to fix this right now and put it into internet.

Edit: Here you are.
Attached images
HEL_tamko.jpg
When you are driving to fast in a yellow (flag), the marshall should give you ONE warning, and only ONE warning to slow down, then the penalties get flung about like a bouncy ball on steroids (?)

And if you want, I can make a guest appearance to be a marshall. EDIT: No I can't, I'm away taking my Mini (<----- Avatar) on a drive, with the infamous Scottish Mini Clan (http://www.miniclan.com/)
Well I won't be able to be there tomorrow because something came in between. So I'll see you guys at Sunday
Quote from Gekkibi :Terrible sorry about that. I placed those flags to helmets quickly/automatically. Took flag from your user-profile without watching what flag were there.

Going to fix this right now and put it into internet.

Edit: Here you are.

Thx for fix.
Yet another fixed helmet:

Attached images
HEL_pirkkasoft.jpg
I reactivated LFSremote once more so people can watch the race using remote. The name of the server is "S2 Voucher Competition - Race".

To the competitiors: Come to the server early! The qualifying will start 15:00.00.00000000, so every second you miss is away from your qualifying time. Also, this next sentence is very important: If you don't come to the server 15:05.00, you lose the place for the race and I will contact next one on the list (Zebii, amen1, XT, ...). Those (And others as well in the list) should be "reachable" on that time, because I will contact them using forum PM and give more information (Server password, where to get the skins and what skin you must use. You will use "wrong" helmet, but we can make the necessary adjustments later [As long as the skin file name is the same]).

You can come to the server earlier. It will be up 24/7, so you can naturally come 14:00 UTC and make sure you don't forget.

It is recommended that marshals comes to the server about 15 minutes before the qualification starts (That means 14:45 UTC). I will give the teamspeak information to marshals tomorrow. If you know that you can't come, please inform me as soon as possible so I can find someone to replace you.

This is your final moment to ask me something about the race. I will gladly answer any and all questions you still might have. One thing that I should anwer even nobody have asked it: About blocking/defending. You may do defensive maneuver once per each track section (Track section means area between any two corners. That means that you can only block once in finish straight and once in the long straight). And what does mean "blocking"/"defending"? No, it doesn't mean ramming or forcing someone out from the track. If you do that, you will have penalty. It means that you can change your driving line once to prevent someone to overtake you. After this change you are allowed to return to your original driving line (That isn't counted as "additional blocking"). If you start to block to wrong direction (The opponent bluffes you and you started to change your driving line to wrong side) means that you failed your defensive maneuver and must let the other overtake you without any further blocking (However, you are not allowed to brake [It is dangerous! Another car is behind you!!]. If the opponent can't overtake you before the next turn, it is totally ok).

I have said this many times but I will once again say it: You are not allowed to shift+s or shift+p in any situations! If you can't continue the race, marshals will spectate you when the time is right. If you decide to abort the race, don't just park your car into sandtrap. Drive your cars to the pit garage and stay there.

About pitting: Do not cross multiple pitboxes while entering or exiting pitbox! Have mercy to the (imaginary) pit crew!

Use the "fast lane" of pit-lane to Drive Through -penalties. If you are about to pit, use the "middle-lane" (More close to pitboxes). When you exit the pits, look your mirrors and make sure you don't hit anyone. Those who are on "middle-lane" has right of way. And thos who are on "fast lane" has right of way to any others.

Laadidaadidaa. I know you got the point. Remember: Ask ANYTHING if you are uncertain of something. Now is the time for that.

Oh, and remember to sleep and eat well before the race. And remember to empty your ballast also.
So, the big day is tomorrow, good luck everyone, I will be there too...With Niko
Quote from Kristjan.J :So, the big day is tomorrow, good luck everyone, I will be there too...With Niko

Actually, because Niko don't have microphone, I replaced Niko with Pearcy. Unfortunately microphone is "a must", it would take too much time to type everything to teamspeak chat.
I hope I'll be stand by .. I actually trained for the race, but forgot to make a good qualy setup, so I messed up everything lol

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG