The online racing simulator
Saturday Evening LX4 & LX6 Duel Class Racing!

Formula500 in association with RaceSIM is holding an LX4 & LX6 Series called F500 RaceSIM LX EuroSeries.

This is the Second Season of this Series, it was well established when run under Clean Racers Club management and it proved to be very popular.

Series Information can be found here.

The series runs over a series of Saturday Evening events and starts on Saturday 7th June 2008 at 7:15pm UK BST.

You can Enter here. Entries should be in the form of teams of two drivers.. You can have an All LX4 team, or an All LX6 team, or a Mixed, LX4 and LX6 Team.

Once both drivers are entered, the Team Manager, should register the team here.

Check your entry Status here.

Hope to see you on the grid.

www.formula500.org
I seriously cannot believe there has been no interest in this.. why is that? Is it the day/time of the scheduled events? is it something about the series all together? Is it seen a too serious?

There are always moans around the forums about the lack of LX servers or LX events.. So when this, a seasoned series returns, there is absolutly no interest..

Is that just the current state of lfs? Is everyone bored? I really hope things pick up, otherwise, league developers and sponsors are going to start walking away to other simulation communities where there is a little more action.
One reason might be the LX Only cup.
#4 - MrPDR
looks hell of an organized series man. i give props to ya.
grab this people. sign up! who cares if its LX only, enjoy the fun at least.

if i raced i would lol
This particular series is LX only (which was wanted at some point), but Formula500 currently offers BF1, FO8, FOX, FBM (s2 and Demo) and MRT series also.
I may be in on this LX racing series, I hope anyways!

1 nitpicking thing though, its not really Duel Class racing if your limiting the LX6 to be matched with the LX4, thats more like mixed cars of the same class (IMO). I do wish LX6 wasn't restricted.
How is limiting the LX6 not duel class? - Two cars, on track at the same time.. They are the the same type of car, but cirtainly not the same class.

Read further tho. The LX6 is only restricted in the dual class races. The restriction is to make the gap between the two classes less. To equal things out. To give perhaps a reason for people to want to try the LX4.

The restriction is the only difference between this season and the last, and that is purely because when the first season ran, we had no restriction settings to play with.

If it proves to be that unpopular, the current entered drivers will vote on the choice of removing the restriction from the LX6 or not. But in doing so, does it not basically automaticly hand the Duel class events to LX6 drivers?
Why not have 2 different results tables. Just like they do in MoE with GT1 and GT2 classes. You'd have the results and standings for LX6 on top and results and standings for LX4 below them.

I think the only reason why this isnt as popular as you've expected or hoped is because of the LX Only Cup that is running already who attracted most of the LX fans already.
Site : http://lxo.musicbit.ch/
Forum Section : http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=41845

Take a look if you want.

I like your idea and I certainly would have joined if I wasn't already signed up in so many leagues.
Thats what I was saying, if there are "Dual" Class racing then there should be TWO tables, 1 for LX4s and 1 for LX6s... IMO I don't feel great about Restricted cars, but its not my league, and I just am nitpicking about the title of Dual Class racing when really your restricting the LX6 to be in the same class as the LX4...
I cant understand that Blackbird. I cant understand how an entirly different car can be in the same class as another? Even if restricted.

The title of Duel Class Racing.. is a forum topic title, the series title is RaceSIM LX EuroSeries. There are of course two different tables for the championship, and a third for the mixed races.

The LXO cup.. yes, it looks good, but the entry list isnt full, and there were many more asking for LX leagues.. so where the hell are you all?
Quote from mkinnov8 :I cant understand how an entirly different car can be in the same class as another?

What about the STD, TBO, LRF and GTR classes?
What about them?

I guess there is some confusion, well there is indeed for me! Two different cars, both LX's LX4 and LX6 - different specifcation of cars, on track together at the same time.. therefore duel class racing.
Quote from mkinnov8 :What about them?

I guess there is some confusion, well there is indeed for me! Two different cars, both LX's LX4 and LX6 - different specifcation of cars, on track together at the same time.. therefore duel class racing.

If the LX6 is restricted to get almost the same laptimes as LX4 then it becomes same class. If there is still a difference in laptimes then it's different class. Anyways, I actually wanted to join this but in too many leagues right now .
Ah now I never said restricted to get almost the same lap times.. I said
Quote :The restriction is to make the gap between the two classes less. To equal things out. To give perhaps a reason for people to want to try the LX4.

The league scene for LiveForSpeed is well over saturated at the moment, drivers are very much spoilt for choice.
Ok, I can agree with you there if your not restricting it to match times, but then WHY RESTRICT IT?! You will lose me as a valid entry for restricting it for no purpose which you just said, so you've lost me as an entry unless its unrestricted... As it was before the restriction was the reason that I didn't want to join but I was probably going to live with it... Now that you say the above I really don't see a purpose in restricting it, plus I am against restricting cars in the first place. Especially for no reason, although I did understand it if you were matching the performance of the LX6 with that of the LX4...

Well, I guess the only thing I can do is wish you luck on your league, and getting the participants that you want. My first thoughts from the site and things were that you had a lot going for you, but I'm not so sure anymore... But honestly, not sarcastically, good luck.
Er, cheers for that. "had a lot going for you, but I'm not sure anymore"...

On Second thought. Thanks for taking the time to comment, if nothing else, its given the thread some activity.
Quote from mkinnov8 :The LXO cup.. yes, it looks good, but the entry list isnt full, and there were many more asking for LX leagues.. so where the hell are you all?

Me? I never have time for leagues.

It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the "fast road car" fans have long since gone because there are so few people interested in driving them. It's also disappointing that you're dumbing down the LX6 in your league - might as well not bother with it at all if your going to castrate it.
If there are two triangles on a shelf. Both the same, but one has dirt all over it and one is nice and new, which one are you going to choose?

If the LX6 is offered unrestricted, and a miricle happens and there are 16 LX6 entries.. is anyone going to choose the LX4?
Quote from mkinnov8 :If the LX6 is offered unrestricted, and a miricle happens and there are 16 LX6 entries.. is anyone going to choose the LX4?

I thought you said this was a "dual class" competition though? If you're running two competitions then it all depends which competition they want to enter - the LX6 one or the LX4 one.

Personally I don't see the appeal of dual-class competitions in LFS - I'd rather have a whole grid of cars that can compete with eachother.

But if it is dual-class racing your going for then yes, I can see people choosing the LX4 because it's a really nice car to drive. I'd have a hard time choosing because I think they're both great.
Quote from thisnameistaken :

Personally I don't see the appeal of dual-class competitions in LFS - I'd rather have a whole grid of cars that can compete with eachother.

Me neither, but I wanted to try it so ive done the GFC with the FOX and FO8 on track together, and now this season the GTTC with the TBO's and GTR's which im really enjoying.

The LX series is titled as so as it uses both the LX4 and the LX6. There are three races per session, one LX4 race, one LX6 Race (unrestricted) and then one all together race, were the LX6 is restricted slightly. Not to match speeds exactly, but to give the podium a change at not holding three LX6 drivers each race.

There are three Championship tables also. One LX4 class, one LX6 class and one Overall Championship for both classes.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG