The online racing simulator
Quote from Stefani24 :Maybe it was mentioned before: the game could be cracked more easily

afaik this is the reason demo-users can't watch replay where is licensed content (And for same reason they can't join licensed server and spectate): It is safer to prevent the demo-users from 100% access to these cars and tracks. Less ways to abuse a bug of some sort.
Quote from Gekkibi :afaik this is the reason demo-users can't watch replay where is licensed content (And for same reason they can't join licensed server and spectate): It is safer to prevent the demo-users from 100% access to these cars and tracks. Less ways to abuse a bug of some sort.

Yes. Back in the days of the S1 demo, where you had to earn credits to drive the 3 cars, you could "test drive" a car you didn't have by watching a replay with it in it...I'm not sure did it work for full S1 content too though
I think the demo should be left as it is. Trials are cheap and amateur. I personaly absolutely HATE trials.

Let me show you an example - you play LFS, don't like it and forget it. 2 years later, you download it again, want to play the god damn demo and get the message your trial is over. ANNOYNG.
And also, the demo is almost the same since many years. The only bigger edits are with patch Y, where reversed layouts were removed and the XRT was changed to the FBM. Until then, it was always XFG, XRG and XRT with BL1, BL1R, BL2, BL2R and BL3. And now they want another demo.
-1, for that idea, is possible create multiple accounts and use S2 free, the developers dedicated very time for creating the game, and they need some goods.
Actually, all the demoers are already using the full version of LfS... it's just that they simply don't unlock the quite cheap content of S1 or S2.

So the math is quite simple: want more than the free content? Mow every neighbours lawn and shell out those few bucks for S1 or S2.
Quote from mrodgers :
The ONLY feature of being licensed that it VERY important is the licensed registered name keeping the wrecking to a minimum. Else, all you get is more content and a few more cool features like LFSWorld stats. But compared to demo servers, the lack of purposeful wrecking is the MOST important!

Agree 100% - I bought S2 predominantly to be able to drive free from the complete morons that are the majority of demo users. I am 100% against letting demo users drive on the same servers as S2 license users. Even with the changes in Y18, I will be actively avoiding any server that allows a demo user on track.
what if....
we would just leave this thing the way it is now? i just cant get why you people need more to the demo. compared to other game's demo's this is a very large demo. and if you would get this 24 hours demo with S2 licence compents. of course some almoust wise guy would download lfs every time the demo closes
#59 - QBi
Hmmm as for demo I always thought on the other thing. When I was demo racer I thought that would be great idea to remove XRT (as it was demo car year ago) and put in this place some kind of non turbo RB4, which would be a competitor to XFG and XRG I always liked some kind of ... diversity on the track
Don't be cheap and pay up. S2 is all you expect of it and more (cept for the fox which is dead). As has been stated many times, Absolutely not, last thing we need in S2 is all those wreckers, not that they'd last long.

One side of me thinks you've got it too good in demo, n it should be limited, but the other side remembers the online racing added alot to my interest in buying S2. If I'd just seen the offline, and not been exposed to online, I wouldn't have bought S2 (let's face it, its and online game, offline sux). So; no, buy it if u want to see S2. Compared to other games, LFS is damn cheap!

Ven
-
(Nizzo3) DELETED by Nizzo3
Quote from Hotrodx199 :I think that LFS Team should add a free 15 day trial of S2 so the demo players have an idea what S2 is like, with out this idea say example a player wants to buy S2. Then when he buys it he Gets bored with it in 2 days, now thats a wasted 48$ ^_^ so what do u think? should LFS team add this or no? I say YES on this one

maybe 30 days would be better
^^ Great ! Then hundreds of random S2 players running about with no accountability. /sarcasm

Demo is fine the way it is. If you can't tell you wont like S2 from the ONLINE demo then you have more money than sense.

And the OP said his parents wont let him spend the cash on a game, so telling him to buy S2 isn't helping him.
NoNo
No free or non-free minutes days or seconds trial ...
This is a very bad idea :sour:
I was on demo 2007 January - 2007 August , and all this time i was doing 360's in xfg :drugs: - demo dont need update , demo is fun

My Suggestion For Demo players. plz READ!
(63 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG