The online racing simulator
wats the latest?
(102 posts, started )
Off Topic:
Quote from thisnameistaken :Not wanting to get drawn into something majorly off-topic and political, but yeah, I'm amazed that our metro police commissioner hasn't been charged with anything yet - not only did he "disappear" a bunch of evidence, he's even been trying to obstruct the independent police complaints commission from investigating it properly.

I have no doubt that Echelon reads this. Becareful what you say.

On Topic:
Okay! So far so good we have some kind of a date, between April first and May first, which is not too bad as a target... I mean one month... in earth time that's a drop!

Still... [Whisper] It's very good to know what Scawen is doing and I think everybody agrees that it can only be good news. Besides, it will create, I hope, a better "forumistic" attitude. On the other hand, it could be even better (and I mean not good, but unbelievable) to know what are Eric and Victor doing... [/Whisper]

Noooooo please don't throw me rock! ouch! I'm sorry, I think I hit a tabu topic. No... seriously... Yes it was asked tons of times and yes it's pissing off the fan-boys, but come on... they could've been hiding in a world war II bunker with nothing to eat but dry bread for the past months and it wouldn't have been different! Please, tell us something about them, and something else than "they are working"... we need to know what they're up too!

I don't have any more dream pills, by the way. illepall
Quote from boosterfire :
Still... [Whisper] It's very good to know what Scawen is doing and I think everybody agrees that it can only be good news. Besides, it will create, I hope, a better "forumistic" attitude. On the other hand, it could be even better (and I mean not good, but unbelievable) to know what are Eric and Victor doing... [/Whisper]

did anyone else 'think' that quieter in their head illepall i did
Quote from boosterfire :[Whisper] I[...]On the other hand, it could be even better (and I mean not good, but unbelievable) to know what are Eric and Victor doing... [/Whisper]

well
vic - websites
eric - gfx

[Edit]or we get some new sounds from vic ... maybe even a music video in TV LOL
okay then... Victor is doing the website and the sounds... Then what is Eric working on? eh? Don't answer gfx! We all know he's working on gfx. We just want to know what's he's correcting, developping! Is that secret info? Devs can keep it for them, but they just need to say: "We don't want to give you that info"! But just say something!
Quote from boosterfire :okay then... Victor is doing the website and the sounds... Then what is Eric working on? eh? Don't answer gfx! We all know he's working on gfx. We just want to know what's he's correcting, developping! Is that secret info? Devs can keep it for them, but they just need to say: "We don't want to give you that info"! But just say something!

he's working on gfx.
Quote from felplacerad :please take your time guys,

me has grammar exam on the end of marcH.

Not English grammar I hope, otherwise you've shit it!
I like info. Good to know things aren't at a standstill, but I certainly miss the days of regular little fixes. Particularly when there are so many little (non-physics) things, like the pitstop systems, that would make a big difference if they were fixed/finished. LFS is frustrating in its current form. Physics flaws aside, it's close to being really great, but little things annoy so frequently.
Well, he said that there probably won't be progress reports (not new releases or patches) in month or two.
Quote from boosterfire : Is that secret info? Devs can keep it for them, but they just need to say: "We don't want to give you that info"! But just say something!

Well, if they don't say anything, it's pretty safe to assume they don't want to give us that info... Don't you think?
Quote from Doorman :Not English grammar I hope, otherwise you've shit it!

actually, yes!

me fail english? thats unpossible!

(hey tweak)
Quote from felplacerad :actually, yes!

me fail english? thats unpossible!

(hey tweak)

Nice one!
#38 - axus
Well... seems like my prediction for 3-4 months from New Year's was pretty accurate, we'll have to wait and see though... looking forward to what sounds like it will be quite a big update. Keep up the work, devs and don't rush it.
GREAT news
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Well, if they don't say anything, it's pretty safe to assume they don't want to give us that info... Don't you think?

Because Eric is so busy with working on the GFX he don't even have time for posting a single post here on the forums, we have to presume he's working literally 24/7.

Or not..
Quote from Doorman :Not English grammar I hope, otherwise you've shit it!

hehe, good one for an old boy

teasin!
Quote from deggis :Because Eric is so busy with working on the GFX he don't even have time for posting a single post here on the forums, we have to presume he's working literally 24/7.

Or not..

I didn't say they didn't have timeillepall Just that they don't want to post more information, which appears to be the case. At least Scawen posted SOMETHING, which is more than we had a short while ago

Yours is a different sentiment altogether.
OK but you're going to have to say a little more than that between now and then. Otherwise that would just be cruel.

A word or two from Eric would be nice (even "I'm alive" would be a start).

Oh software development is painfully slow.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :I didn't say they didn't have timeillepall Just that they don't want to post more information, which appears to be the case. At least Scawen posted SOMETHING, which is more than we had a short while ago

Yours is a different sentiment altogether.

Err... my post was meant to be just a joke.
:doh:

:uglyhamme
Quote from Bob Smith :

A word or two from Eric would be nice (even "I'm alive" would be a start).

yes, but once he breaks the silence, people will just be gimmie more more more more

if the guy doesnt want to post, then we will be able SEE his work in the next update/screenies/patch.
I believe Eric isn't working 24/7. You guys can think what you want, but as for me, I won't believe that Eric is working on anything before I have proof. He could have done marvelous things, yes, but so far we don't see anything, so there was nothing really done. The devs don't have anything to hid in the "situation" they are in. It would be a complete marketing stupidity to hid something to the community as the community wants something to see.

We can't see physics, still we know that Scawen is working on it. We can see GFX, but there's nothing new in the near future. (true until they say something)
`
If I was Eric, i'd work step by step. Like... "This week, I do Bolts for all the wheels and I put screenshots of that on the forum so people can see my work and comment it. Next week, I'll work on the interior or something"... etc..
Well you are not Eric. Devs have their way of working and why should we allways see what have they just made? Eric must have done something, it may be one part of "nice surprise" Scawen mentioned. If they show it to us (if there is something) it wouldnt be a surprise would it? Lets just wait and see
Quote :
The devs don't have anything to hid in the "situation" they are in. It would be a complete marketing stupidity to hid something to the community as the community wants something to see.

No, what WOULD be stupidity is displaying the inner workings of their little circle to the community. I can understand why from their perspective. That does not mean I ENJOY it, but I know why they do it.

Come on we've been through this!
Quote from boosterfire :If I was Eric, i'd work step by step. Like... "This week, I do Bolts for all the wheels and I put screenshots of that on the forum so people can see my work and comment it. Next week, I'll work on the interior or something"... etc..

Yeah brilliant, "this week i made a polygon, look - right there!", followed by "umm.. i don't really like that polygon", "oh come on, it's a nice polygon!".

Seriously, you feel there's need for people commenting on bolts?

wats the latest?
(102 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG