The online racing simulator
#1 - Jakg
Network Help Needed - Switch Kills Connection Speed
I'm currently trying to split my connection up so that I can get it to go to my PC, to my router (-come wireless access point) and to my Xbox - atm I have a USB switch plugged into my PC and the internet goes from the LAN port in my room to the switch to my PC and the router.

Now that I want to plug the Xbox in I tried to use the router as a switch, but whenever I tried it just keeled over and died - so that doesn't work.

I tried plugging a switch in and having the interweb tube go into the switch, but the speed was AWFUL (i.e. pages might have the header load in 10 minutes if your lucky and then keel over and stop. I have tried to different switches (both the same Netgear ones, though), and the same happens, in addition to several leads and ports, and when using the switches in another part of the house they work fine. If I plug the lead back directly into the laptop - works fine. Plug it into the switch - speed of a dead dodo.

I've tried restarting my laptop, no help.

Then I plugged the lead to my crappy USB powered switch into the network point - wireless etc works. WTFunk!

HALP!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG