The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from frankwer :What annoys me is that to get more content u have to pay.

Indeed. If you want to take part in a ten race season it's going to cost you $150-$250 extra to get the tracks required.
..and after all that outlay you don't have the right to drive offline.
It's bordering on scandalous, but they've got us by the balls and they know it.
Quote from The Moose :It's bordering on scandalous, but they've got us by the balls and they know it.

if the majority had any theyd vote with their feet
Quote from The Moose :Indeed. If you want to take part in a ten race season it's going to cost you $150-$250 extra to get the tracks required.

Can I ask how you know this?
When you think about it, sim racing has been rather cheap by hobby standards. I don't think they're asking all that much. None of us like paying but it's all a matter of whether you are willing to cough up the extra dough for something that covers everything you ever wanted from sim racing or you prefer to wait while the cheaper products pay catch up, which could take 3 or 4 years.
Quote from axus :which could take 3 or 4 years.

I think you're a bit optimistic there
Quote from Shotglass :if the majority had any theyd vote with their feet

And go where? Back to LFS? Back to ISI? Back to nkpro?

Just because someone has a firm grab of your balls doesn't mean good things couldn't come out of it.
Quote from danowat :Can I ask how you know this?

Simple maths

New tracks cost between $15-$25 each.
Quote :The business model just doesn't appeal to me, nor does it fit my gaming habits at all.

That resonates pretty strongly with me. If you're paying so much per month then you're going to want to make sure that you're getting your money's worth, and that's starting to sound more like a commitment and less like fun. I'd be happier paying so much for say, 100 hours of game time, rather than going the monthly option- it's too inflexible and does not take into account how different people sit down to play games.
Quote from danowat :It's not that simple

Tracks either cost $15-$25 each or they dont Why are they telling us that's the price if that's not the case?

It seems nothing is simple with iRental.
Quote :It seems nothing is simple with iRental.

There's a stick-worthy nickname (maybe I'm a bit slow here)

At the end of the day, the quality of the sim will determine whether the price of admission will be worth it or not. I for one would happily welcome the kind of track quality that I'd be willing to spend $25 on, because that's going to be one hell of a track. If the stuff ain't worth what they're charging then I fail to see how the devs will make a success out of their product.
Quote from Hyperactive :Just because someone has a firm grab of your balls doesn't mean good things couldn't come out of it.

like what? blood? mangled sperm?
Quote from Hyperactive :Just because someone has a firm grab of your balls doesn't mean good things couldn't come out of it.

...unless your JTBO.
All will be revealed in due course
Quote from danowat :All will be revealed in due course

I thought all had been revealed concerning their pricing structure.

The plot thickens.
Quote from axus :When you think about it, sim racing has been rather cheap by hobby standards. I don't think they're asking all that much. None of us like paying but it's all a matter of whether you are willing to cough up the extra dough for something that covers everything you ever wanted from sim racing or you prefer to wait while the cheaper products pay catch up, which could take 3 or 4 years.

I want to play a f****** game not participate in something that is as much regulated as a FIA event (and that goes for the costs as well)

If this is really the way sim racing will go in the future I'm gonna stop it and sell my stuff.

But I think I already posted that I don't plan to buy it anyway, did I?
Quote from The Moose :I thought all had been revealed concerning their pricing structure

Yeah, but 22 pages later we've forgotten and need to go through this loop again.
Quote from three_jump :I want to play a f****** game not participate in something that is as much regulated as a FIA event (and that goes for the costs as well)

If this is really the way sim racing will go in the future I'm gonna stop it and sell my stuff.

But I think I already posted that I don't plan to buy it anyway, did I?

Ahhh.......but there-in lies the rub, if you want ultimate realism, in an FIA like regulated system, you can choose iRacing, if you want to play a "f****** game", you can still play LFS
Quote from danowat :Ahhh.......but there-in lies the rub, if you want ultimate realism, in an FIA like regulated system, you can choose iRacing, if you want to play a "f****** game", you can still play LFS

And I'm glad for that

Btw:
Having to pay for extra stuff / every new fart (car / track) (just to particapte in a league in the example used above) has nothing to do with realism I wanna have.

Next even more realistic step would be that you would have to pay with real money for car parts (new tires) etc...
(Taking the whole realism thing to the really next level... har har)
Any of you played iRacing yet ??
They could tell you but they'd have to kill you
Ok here goes the question again , any of you played iRacing ??

@ Ball Bearing Turbo , look over there , a big fat cat playing akordion !
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :They could tell you but they'd have to kill you

Depending on whether the NDA requires you to lie when asked if you've played it, which would be a very shakey NDA indeed, or a more typical NDA which simply requires you to divulge nothing of the content or your your opinions there-on.
Quote from W1ldPort75 :Ok here goes the question again , any of you played iRacing ??

I'm sure a few of them are beta testers, but they obviously can't tell you about it
I´m not asking about the game , i´m asking a simple question if any of them played it yet . And why can´t they tell us if they played already ? Is it suppose to be a big secret ?

edit : ok Sam i´ll just wait until someone gets arrested
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG