The online racing simulator
Quote from Victor :ok i've swapped them.

It looks like the data's been swapped, but the "Front" and "Rear" captions have not.
NEW : Instant Hotlap Analyser
chanoman315's hotlap was not valid and will soon be removed.
Please select another racer for comparison

Why? Combo: SO4R@XRT.
Probably an updated HLVC check. Some South City walls allowed too much contact.
yep, at the start you already hit some walls, invalidating your lap. I've written a bit about this in my original post of this thread.
Just some extra info about that - the soft walls that make a "thud" instead of a scraping sound now invalidate HLVC. Several South City hotlaps were affected by this.

If you use Test Patch Y18, the same check is used in Y18 and the RAF exporter / replay checker.
Suggestion: a second Sync button, just to put the cars again side-by-side, then let them move freely. (Currently Sync makes car be side-by-side the whole time its on).

This so you can compare your hotlap to the WR in one particular corner, and see where you lost time. This can be done in the first corner, but after than, the WR car just drives away and you cant compare side-by-side (for example, cant compare where WR started braking, etc).
Quote from Victor :yep, at the start you already hit some walls, invalidating your lap. I've written a bit about this in my original post of this thread.

Is EVERY hotlap already 'scanned' or is the process long? Found two invalid LX4 WR's..

Quote from Scawen :Just some extra info about that - the soft walls that make a "thud" instead of a scraping sound now invalidate HLVC. Several South City hotlaps were affected by this.

Did you make the wall in FE2 soft, too?
yes. Every hotlap has already been checked and marked if invalid, so we can easily remove them soon. You can see if one is marked as invalid by trying to open them in the analyser. There will be a message like chanoman315 saw.

And yeah all walls are affected. For example on Aston Club there's some invalid hotlaps too now.
Quote from Victor :yes. Every hotlap has already been checked and marked if invalid, so we can easily remove them soon. You can see if one is marked as invalid by trying to open them in the analyser. There will be a message like chanoman315 saw.

Well, are you guys going to send pm's to know which laps?.... and you could send a pm or lfsworld message like the one of confirmation in S2, but to let us know our replays were invalid.
when they're removed we will send emails.
Quote from Victor :when they're removed we will send emails.

thanks ...
BTW when is the raf file going to support 7th gear of the BF1
Quote from Victor :And yeah all walls are affected. For example on Aston Club there's some invalid hotlaps too now.

Cool, thanks!

To make this post useful...
On long Aston tracks, sometimes the 'map' disappears at max zoom in the last U-turn, picture. Picture taken on reversed config, but same place. Couldn't find a pattern and it isn't a big problem, but..
yeah. It's some problem when zooming in a lot combined with big bitmaps in flash. It doesn't like that for some reason. Can't really get around it unless i limit the zooming range more, which isn't nice. Another theoretical option is to split up the trackmap into smaller pieces. This works -you can zoom in further then- but requires a lot more CPU to move the map. So the current situation is the least bad, for as far as I can tell at the moment anyway.
Quote from chanoman315 :thanks ...
BTW when is the raf file going to support 7th gear of the BF1

I count 7 gears?
Quote from Scawen :Just some extra info about that - the soft walls that make a "thud" instead of a scraping sound now invalidate HLVC. Several South City hotlaps were affected by this.

If you use Test Patch Y18, the same check is used in Y18 and the RAF exporter / replay checker.

Im curious about my hotlap in SO6/FO8. In the hotlap when i left the chicane i barely hit the wall (think it was the right rear tire) and got a minor change in the line due to that.

Is any contact with walls/ objects going to be invalid or is there a limit or "grey zone" ? Sorry if that has been explained already somewhere.
Quote from Victor :I count 7 gears?

oops sorry, the old replay analyzer i used didnt count it, it was with a "-" sign, i tought raf files couldnt read that info, since it's the only one with 7th gears.
Quote from 510N3D :Im curious about my hotlap in SO6/FO8. In the hotlap when i left the chicane i barely hit the wall (think it was the right rear tire) and got a minor change in the line due to that.

Is any contact with walls/ objects going to be invalid or is there a limit or "grey zone" ? Sorry if that has been explained already somewhere.

it's not marked as invalid, so it must've been ok to hit the wall ever so lightly (if that's what you did)
ok cheers for the quick reply.
Wheel view update :

I've made it in simple 3D now. Grab with mouse to rotate around.
If 'follow rotation' is on, the objects will rotate along with the cars (while replaying) and you will only be able to manually tilt the objects.
With 'follow rotation' off, you can manually rotate and tilt the objects.

Unfortunately I cannot dynamically colour the force indicators. There is not enough information available for that.
Wow, that's brilliant!
i wonder how useful it really is though. Those forces are fun to watch, but you can't really tell anything from them...
Quote from Victor :i wonder how useful it really is though. Those forces are fun to watch, but you can't really tell anything from them...

Maybe if you could make some graphs out from that info so we can compare. As you say they are fun to watch, but just 'playing' it doesn't give much valuable info
Still great Flash development! And it's much better than the previous wheels view.
Quote from Victor :i wonder how useful it really is though. Those forces are fun to watch, but you can't really tell anything from them...

It will become useful if Scawen adds data on the adhesion limit to the RAF file.
Victor is my favourite Developer!

Great stuff, thanks a lot.

NEW [in 2008] : Instant Hotlap Analyser at LFS World
(237 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG