The online racing simulator
Recommend a film you've seen lately.
There are so many films made these days, it's easy to miss so good'uns.

Basically, I am a bit of a film nut, I LOVE film, so I am always on the look out for decent films, so if you've seen a lesser than mainstream movie lately, then lets hear a recommendation.

Last night, I watched "The Nines", and was totally blown away, probably the most since I watched "Donnie Darko" for the first time (which is one of my favourite films BTW).

It's a really clever and intelligent piece of film making, and really makes you think about it, it's hard to follow but it will all make sense in the end, excellent acting, and a very hot actress for those that like the larger woman

Anyone suggest any other films?
I suggest the miracle run a fil about a women who has to raise two autistic kids

Its a wonderful movie
#4 - J@tko
I havnt seen it, but my Latin teacher has, and he liked it (He's a tough buggar to please when it comes to films):

In Bruges
Quote from J@tko :I havnt seen it, but my Latin teacher has, and he liked it (He's a tough buggar to please when it comes to films):

In Bruges

I would like to see that, have heard good things about it

Quote from Chrisuu01 :I suggest the miracle run a fil about a women who has to raise two autistic kids

Its a wonderful movie

It's called "Miracle run"?

Quote from Kalev EST :Juno

Seen it, very good film, very nice snappy dialouge and great performance from Ellen Page
If you liked Juno, I suggest Little Miss Sunshine
Donnie Darko is one kick ass film, I did have to do reading up on the internet to understand it properly, but definetely one of the best films i've saw, only saw it recently too.

Last night I wached "cleaner" with Samuel L Jackson, it wasn't the best film i've saw but it was worth the watch.

The new "21" was also good to watch aswell.

Recent films are lacking IMO, A few months ago I had the notion to download some old movies, Memento, Fight Club, American History X. All good films and I doubt you havn't seen them but just incase....

No Country for old men was a good film, the prestige is also a movie on Donnie Darkos scale.

Quote from BurnOut69 :If you liked Juno, I suggest Little Miss Sunshine

Seen

Quote from Bawbag :Donnie Darko is one kick ass film, I did have to do reading up on the internet to understand it properly, but definetely one of the best films i've saw, only saw it recently too.

Last night I wached "cleaner" with Samuel L Jackson, it wasn't the best film i've saw but it was worth the watch.

I have that, I might have to watch that.

If you liked "Donnie Darko", watch "The Nines", a lot of parallels in that to "Donnie Darko"

Quote from zeromussov :Next

The Bank Job

Both good movies IMO

Seen & seen.

I watch alot of films

Couple of shitty films I saw recently, "Day Watch" and "Night Watch", pile of inconcievable nonsense, and "There will be blood", an Oscar?, my arse.

And also, "Southland Tales", what a load of rubbish, I really expected more from Richard Kelly after "Donnie Darko"
Quote from danowat :it

It's called "Miracle run"?

Yes caus one of her sons turns aut to be this awsome at running and

But the story focuses moire on the two boys then the mother
The other boy turns out to be this good guitarrist

I cant tel to much becaus if i do il spoil the film
Without a doubt No Country for Old Men is the best film I've watched this year. The Bank Job was also good and like Bawbag said Fight Club is also a good film, only watched it recently nothing like what I thought it would be
The Joy of Painting
with Bob Ross
In Bruges is the best film I've seen lately, before that it was probably There Will be Blood and No Country for Old Men.
I'll not only recommend some - I'll give you a few films to watch:

"The Weather Underground"
Watched this the other night and its an extraordinary documentary: evocative without being sentimental, and honest without being either overly sympathetic or judgemental. Fascinating.

Le Sang Des Betes
Another documentary that really shows how poetic the form could be or should be. (search around on youtube and you'll find a dubbed version with an english translation).

Both these films treat their audience as intelligent, emotional, and social animals and show present Hollywood product for the repetitive, and ultimately oppressive garbage that it is.

Donnie Darko is definitely second class in this company, but I agree, its a good film. Have you seen Pi? Directed by Darren Aronofsky, its got the same kind of independent feel as Donnie Darko (his "Requiem for a Dream", however is overstylised and incredibly tedious...)
I thought Requim for a dream was an outstanding film, a really good portrail of addiction.

I do have PI, I'll have to watch it.
Quote from danowat :I thought Requim for a dream was an outstanding film, a really good portrail of addiction.

I just felt like I was watching an extended shoot for a fashion magazine...

Another one I'd recommend is Irreversible - genuinely disturbing, ambiguously beautiful...

EDIT:
BTW--- Could have put this into the "Five things no one knows about you thread", but it seems appropriate here... I don't have a belly button.
Quote from nihil :Another one I'd recommend is Irreversible - genuinely disturbing, ambiguously beautiful...

Blimey, that looks a cheery film, not sure the missus would be happy with the 9 min anal rape scene though
Yes, I thought Awake was a very good film, even with the wooden performances by Anakin Skywalker, and Jalba (both fairly poor actors)

And Cloverfield I loved, even after the huge amount of hype.
If you liked Donnie Darko I guarantee you will love Stay

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0371257/

It's one the same level of ''I feel like a genius for almost understanding this movie after the second watch and it still gives me the chills when I think about it'' Excellent acting and plot!

If you watch it pay attention to detail!!!
Quote from Paranoid Android :If you liked Donnie Darko I guarantee you will love Stay

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0371257/

It's one the same level of ''I feel like a genius for almost understanding this movie after the second watch and it still gives me the chills when I think about it'' Excellent acting and plot!

If you watch it pay attention to detail!!!

Yes, I saw that a while back, was a good film
the 1994 remake of gone in 60 seconds. Epic movie. & here come the spartans.
Just finished (literally...5 mins ago!!!) Forbidden Kingdom...Jackie Chan and Jet Li together, surprisingly enjoyable...and very funny in parts!

Recommend a film you've seen lately.
(3163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG