The online racing simulator
Caravan racing
(21 posts, started )
Caravan racing
Me and my friends rx relliks and rx Mal would like to see caravan racnig introduced to LFS we think this would be a great laugh.

A
Well I'm laughing.
I do hope you don't mean:
Buy the game mate, then suggestions like that *may* have a chance.

Well, i doubt it ...

Sarge
it would be great fun to have but the chance of it being put in is minute(sp)
Actually, it would be quite good fun, but only if the caravans are as flimsy as they are in real life (complex) and the towing physics are decent, including modelling of the ball and socket in jack-knifing and roll conditions (relatively easy).

But I don't think we'll see it in LFS until (or even when) modding is allowed.
Mother of God

Please don't even entertain this suggestion.

Scawen did over a hundred laps in the Formula BMW to perfect the physics and you want...caravan racing.

Talk about taking the p*ss
Why can't he do 100 laps in a caravan racer? (i.e. banger + stripped out caravan)? Why is it taking the piss? Is it taking the piss that LFS has a hatchback in it when "Scawen did over a hundred laps in the Formula BMW to perfect the physics", or are you against something without actually having a reason (valid or not)?
#9 - Ian.H
Quote from petercollins :Mother of God

Please don't even entertain this suggestion.

Scawen did over a hundred laps in the Formula BMW to perfect the physics and you want...caravan racing.

Talk about taking the p*ss

One could say that after 2 years and so little _real_ progress (not this piss-balling about with languages etc), that Scawen is taking the piss

Regards,

Ian
caravans would be awesome, especially in city driving and cruising servers.

+1

Just imagine escaping a cop even when you have a caravan
...Just imagine it in racing point of view. I have nothing against cruising, and I have tried cruising (Many months. Just went really boring). But cruisers should use the racing content (Racing cars and racing tracks), not the other way around (Meaning: Ridiculous cars and tracks in LFS).

Some ideas would benefit both sides. I still think it would be a good idea to allow "free tracks" (However, impossible). Cruisers could have their South City and racers could make any kind of track they would want (Using barricades to split track into two and thus the possiblities would be infinite).
i understand where your coming from, it would benefit both sides, caravan racing is a cool sport to watch, so, why not try it (well on a simulator).

the only problem i could see, is that people on cruising servers andracing servers would only use caravans, this would be quite annoying, but i guess it would only be a phase.
IF, and only IF the physics could be done right, it would be good. I still, however, only see it happening as a 3rd party addon. The devs wouldn't entertain the idea, if you ask me.
Off topic of this thread sorry:

Quote from Ian.H :One could say that after 2 years and so little _real_ progress (not this piss-balling about with languages etc), that Scawen is taking the piss

Regards,

Ian

Because the Sim Racing niche isn't small enough we can't include other people around the world, I think this is one of the best things that could have been done - not only for LFS, not only for Sim Racing, but for the world bringing different areas "closer" together. Sure I can't understand Japenese, Chinese or even other languages besides English but that doesn't mean you can't get to know or race other people!

Just be patient I am sure he has big plans, and a lot of changes came with patch Y (that was only a few months ago so it really hasn't been all that long).

On Topic:

Could be fun for a night or two but I don't think it would be fun for serious racing, as random things can happen!
i thought this is what you all meant by caravan, which i think would be a lot more fun but of course completely useless.
I have to admit i want it (not in lfs) ,
but i do want those slotcars
for my slotracing track
Otherwise a fun idea, but it could lead to LFS being known as "that game with the caravans".
Ya. I watched that Top Gear and it would be better addition to Carmageddon or Flatout than to LFS.
only if it comes with dags and it's in the perrywinkle blue, boys.

Caravan racing
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG