The online racing simulator
Best place to race? S1 or S2?
(15 posts, started )
Hi guys,

It's been a while. I've finally got round sorting out a PC... I've been too distracted with my 'real life' car, but I'm a few months away from having all the parts for my latest project, so, i think it's time to blow the dust off my wheel and get this thing cranked up!

Right now I'm S1 registered - I planned on staying that way until I'm 'safe' enough for some online racing.. is this the best way to go, or should I just get S2 registered and throw myself in the deep end?

Just interested to know if there's a significant difference in the two. The last tim i ever did some serious racing was at the Alpha Test Demo stage, back in '02... illepall

Cheers
Ross
You really should buy S2 since nobody drives S1 anymore.
S2
S2 is the way of the future mate. If yer feet can't touch the bottom, you have to choice but to swim . . .
Unfortunately the current license system* makes S1 worthless. Buy S2 and get the addiction started again.

* S1 and S2 server listings are seperated - you cannot join an S2 server with S1. Ideally you should be able to join all S2 servers but only use S1 content, IMO.
Current license system is good, it's just s2 tracks and cars are so much better, which is why not that many are still using s1.
Quote from Moonclaw :Current license system is good, it's just s2 tracks and cars are so much better, which is why not that many are still using s1.

Also you can access S1 content from S2 so there is no icentive for S2 lic people to populate S1 servers and there is only a small number of S1 users left so there is no choice really S2 or Demo Having said that S2 is well worth it
Quote from Moonclaw :Current license system is good, it's just s2 tracks and cars are so much better, which is why not that many are still using s1.

No it's not, really.

Currently you are basically forced to buy S2, atleast if you want to play online (which is what LFS is all about). If the S2 servers were open to S1 players, in the sense that the latter are only allowed to race with S1 cars and on S1 tracks, then the S1 license would be of some use. Due to the current model, S1 is practially nonexistant these days which IMO defies the point of the licensing system alltogether.
#9 - ORION
/me points at the "remove (demo/)s1/s2 separation" thread from chaos
Quote from ORION :/me points at the "remove (demo/)s1/s2 separation" thread from chaos

Yes I was beginning to think I'd been hyperlinked to the improvements section without me being aware of it
Cheers... looks like I better get my credit card out again

Still, some offline racing and I should get up to speed pretty soon. Is it still just as easy to go find a race, or is it best to eventually find some teams or private servers? Just want to avoid the muppets who like to drive backwards.
#12 - XsX!
the time involved in launching lfs, and finding people to play with is more or less.. hmm.. 1 minute!
if lfs system wasnt good, it wouldnt be shamelessly copied by photocopies like rfactor or nkpro. from the motto to the business model, to the distribution to the content approach.
when the "professional ONLINE RACING SIMULATOR" got a website with a free handwriting font detailing its online distributed demo would contain the full game, fictional yet based on real cars, playable as demo with its full content being unlocked via code bought online i got MAJOR flashbacks to 3 years ago. lets hope the game itself isnt from the past also.
only our most dedicated path followers could ever make us leaders.
Quote from KiDCoDEa :if lfs system wasnt good, it wouldnt be shamelessly copied by photocopies like rfactor or nkpro. from the motto to the business model, to the distribution to the content approach.

Don't think anyone is saying LFS Lic model is bad, it's awsome and the best value I've ever had out of a game/sim. That doesn't mean it can't be improved upon though but as already has been discussed at length (in the imrovements section) it's a matter of if it's worth improving upon as it will only affect a few individuals as it stands at the moment
I wouldn't hesitate to jump online, a lot of people seem to but as long as your respectful you won't have any probs except maybe getting beaten alot at first

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG