The online racing simulator
#276 - dev
Quote from dougie-lampkin :At Z, all previous versions should be locked from connecting the master server. Everybody should be on the same patch...It's really just demo driftorz who are still using old patches because they want the XRT...which IMO is cheating and shouldn't be allowed

I agree
Quote from dougie-lampkin :At Z, all previous versions should be locked from connecting the master server. Everybody should be on the same patch...It's really just demo driftorz who are still using old patches because they want the XRT...which IMO is cheating and shouldn't be allowed

Let them have their fun. It's a small minority anyway..
Quote from Scawen :X : 31 demo hosts, 16 occupied
Y : 170 demo hosts, 48 occupied
Y18 : 39 demo hosts, 3 occupied

Would you rather they did their worst to drift the FBM on race servers instead? It'll no doubt end in tears on some servers if you force people to race, when in fact, they do not want to do so.

I agree with you on this post.
just noticed, you can now actually kill the engine (at least in FXR) by overreving...nice (tank was full, " i " couldn't restart)
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Would you rather they did their worst to drift the FBM on race servers instead? It'll no doubt end in tears on some servers if you force people to race, when in fact, they do not want to do so.

No-one would be forced to race. The XRG can still be drifted perfectly fine. By using a previous patch you are cheating the system to be able to use the XRT.

I agree it's a small amount of users, but there should be zero-tolerance on this...Those people who are using X most likely have no intentions of buying LFS as they have what they want in X. Whether they buy S2, continue with Z demo, or leave after X is locked makes no difference.
dumb Ai... ¿?

End of lap 4
Attached files
ooops^q.mpr - 71.9 KB - 176 views
Quote from dougie-lampkin :No-one would be forced to race. The XRG can still be drifted perfectly fine. By using a previous patch you are cheating the system to be able to use the XRT.

I agree it's a small amount of users, but there should be zero-tolerance on this...Those people who are using X most likely have no intentions of buying LFS as they have what they want in X. Whether they buy S2, continue with Z demo, or leave after X is locked makes no difference.

That's just a made-up rule. The implications of (still) allowing older versions to use the master server are probably quite clear to the devs. Until they decide against it, it's not cheating. Tbh, Blackwood is just too fast and wide to drift the xrg on, imo.
I'm sure the devs know about it, but patch Z would be an ideal opportunity to do this...
Besides, you can still keep a copy of X for offline use to show off all your (lack of) driftorz skills. Just like nearly everyone has an old V-ish patch for tweaking
I don't know if this is a known bug but yesterday I noticed this little "graphic Bug".
If you drive the FOX you can't see the Dust through your little windscreen, I've noticed this in patch Y and Y18.
Look at the attached Screenshots, my englisch skills aren't very good ;-)

MfG Reese
Attached images
Bug1.jpg
Bug2.jpg
Bug3.jpg
Quote from Reese :I don't know if this is a known bug but yesterday I noticed this little "graphic Bug".
If you drive the FOX you can't see the Dust through your little windscreen, I've noticed this in patch Y and Y18.
Look at the attached Screenshots, my englisch skills aren't very good ;-)

MfG Reese

U cant see the smoke when behind fences to.
Quote from Reese :I don't know if this is a known bug but..

It's an old "bug".
is this a bug?
Attached images
lfs_00000130.JPG
Quote from LiveForBoobs :is this a bug?

No, if you zoom in, you can clearly see that it's not a bug, but one of the open wheel cars....

.....sorry, just tossing a little humour out there.....
Nope... the black line is a hidden track.

Anyway, whats up on the testpatch-front. Its quiet. Scawen just enjoying his new-born, or working on a new major update?
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :Nope... the black line is a hidden track.

Anyway, whats up on the testpatch-front. Its quiet. Scawen just enjoying his new-born, or working on a new major update?

I'm sure he's sunbathing outside. Somebody donate a laptop and wifi, work will get done!
Quote from LiveForBoobs :is this a bug?

That's a Z-buffering issue, though it's not really a bug and nothing that can be simply fixed.
Quote from AndroidXP :That's a Z-buffering issue, though it's not really a bug and nothing that can be simply fixed.

ty for answering.
A bug: wrong codepage in tracks list (cyrillic shown as ISO codepage)
Attached images
tracks_bad codepage.jpg
bug: timed races - bug in the list of hosts...
For one hour race it was showing 191 Laps instead of 1hour... seen that yesterday evening when trying to see who's racing on some spanish private servers.... see attachment to understand where's that bug
Attached images
LFS-bug.jpg
I have also just seen a weird bug in the hosts list. See pic, Theres 2 of one server, I clicked the "?" and both of them lit up.

[STC] Kyoto Cruise
Attached images
Double.JPG
Quote from alxf1 :For one hour race it was showing 191 Laps instead of 1hour... seen that yesterday evening when trying to see who's racing on some spanish private servers.... see attachment to understand where's that bug

Yup, thats happened me too.
Hello,
I don't know if you call that a "bug" but when you do a 2hours race with AIs in Aston National for example, they forget to pit and put some fuell in their cars... Ok that's not really important but at least now you know that
PS: Sorry for my horrible english
This one should have been fixed:

FIX : OutGauge and OutSim are no longer closed by starting InSim

But when starting InSim OutGauge Mode 1 is set back to OutGauge Mode 0...

or a complete Configuration for an OutGauge Mode 1 is deleted from cfg.txt... (When having Mode0 and Mode1 Config)...
This thread is closed

Test Patch Y18 - Licensed Demo System
(324 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG