The online racing simulator
Inside Sim Racing #13 WATCH ENTER AND WIN S2 and MORE!
This week the lovely Jessica Lopez checks in on The Sim Factory and reports on their patch.. Then we check the leaderboard over at V-WTCC. Then Darin takes the Power and Glory mod for GTR-2 for a spin.. Then off to World Class Racing Series Coverage..

Also.. watch and enter for a chance to win an S2 License for Live for Speed compliments of LFS.net, Race 07 compliments of Sim Bin and Arca Sim Racing compliments of The Sim Factory as well as a signed hat and shirt from WTCC driver Tom Coronel compiments of Sim Bin.
www.insidesimracing.tv

ALSO! Shauns review of the Logitech Driving Force GT Wheel is up now as well in our review section.. You can also get to it right from our main page at

www.insidesimracing.tv

Darin Gangi
Brilliant!
having her pose on a table while doing the show might be a bit much

nice review... but you still seem too scared to actually use the full 100 points range in your scores
and you forgot to get into how fast the wheel will turn on its own which is the real test of a wheels ffb quality
Just watched episode 13. Hehe I saw the back of our car at the pits

Love how she said the LFSIGTC at the end too :P
scared ?? lol

We didn't have her pose.. That was her idea bud

Quote from Shotglass :having her pose on a table while doing the show might be a bit much

nice review... but you still seem too scared to actually use the full 100 points range in your scores
and you forgot to get into how fast the wheel will turn on its own which is the real test of a wheels ffb quality

nice review on the Logitech Driving Force GT i am going to buy that wheel soon since i own a DFP i will be getting this xD. anyway good show.
You certainly seem to be appealing to the 15 year old pocket mining demographic now However, it's nice to see this episode isn't as ad heavy as special report, and it's also nice to hear a lot of the dialog getting a lot smoother :up:
Quote from the_angry_angel :You certainly seem to be appealing to the 15 year old pocket mining demographic now

Maybe a bit harsh there, Angry?

Once all the 'nudge-nudge, wink-wink' jokes are done and dusted, I think a female presenter provides a good contrast to the guys.

In this week's episode, I thought having Jessica fronting the show and taking care of all the general/intro/competition stuff with the guys doing the technical/review stuff worked well. It's traditional for news shows have an anchor man (or in this case, woman ) with other people doing the in-depth stuff.

Kudos to Darin and Shaun for not insisting on being front and centre the whole time and allowing another presenter in to help.

Quote from the_angry_angel : ... and it's also nice to hear a lot of the dialog getting a lot smoother :up:

Yeah, things are loosening up a bit now and TBH I thought Jessica presented well this week.
Quote from dungbeetle :Once all the 'nudge-nudge, wink-wink' jokes are done and dusted, I think a female presenter provides a good contrast to the guys.

I'm sure that Jessica is a talented young lady and enjoys her work, despite being unfamiliar with sim racing. However, lets look at this from a marketing point of view - the average sim racer is male, and if you go by the average LFS forum age, probably between 15-25 and most likely single or not in a serious relationship (I've pulled that last one out of my arse, but I'd maintain that it's likely to be true).

Now look at the change in SRT to ISR. There's now undeniably someone behind it who knows who to turn it into a self sufficient business and how to drive it's continued success.

Maybe I'm just being cynical, but there's an undeniable relationship between the two.

Now I'm not saying this is necessarily a bad thing, but it is an observation that you cannot ignore
Quote from the_angry_angel : ... and if you go by the average LFS forum age, probably between 15-25 and most likely single or not in a serious relationship (I've pulled that last one out of my arse, but I'd maintain that it's likely to be true).

Don't worry, Angry - I'll take your word on that one!

Sure. I do agree with the point you're making. Bringing someone onto the show that is appealing to your target audience (on whatever level) makes good sense.

However, I said I thought it was a bit harsh, because I felt that wasn't all they had done.

Based upon this week's show:

1. Having an anchor presenter added a certain professionalism and structure to the show.
2. Based on her performance this week, Jessica (IMO) already presents on a par with the guys (in terms of delivery and dialogue). Maybe she'll become even better - who knows?
3. Adding a new face (any new face) to the show, provides variety in presentation.
4. Maybe the guys needed another presenter to take care of the general stuff, so they can spend more time on reviewing and interviewing? (OK, I just pulled that one out of my arse too. )

So I think ISR have probably killed two (or more) birds with one stone here.

Maybe more than just a pretty face, eh?
Good review on the Logitech GT wheel. By far the best SRT review so far, much more critical and indepth. Keep it up!
I appreciate that it might be difficult, but you really need to cut down on the number of abbreviated competition names in your show. I might be interested to hear what's happened in a few races, but it's difficult to pay attention when you have to listen to someone basically reciting the alphabet for five minutes before they get to the meat.

League organisers: You can do your bit, too.
Signed t-shirt by Tom Coronel
Quote from the_angry_angel :if you go by the average LFS forum age, probably between 15-25

Do we have some stats on that? The majority of people i know on the forum and in teams are aged 25+ I though there was a poll of peoples ages but i cant find it.
Quote from The Moose :Do we have some stats on that? The majority of people i know on the forum and in teams are aged 25+ I though there was a poll of peoples ages but i cant find it.

LFSWorld, LFS Racers Database, Stats...
I keep loving that music at intro every time again, and I don't really listen that style almost at all
Also American accent amazes me every time around

I'm kinda surprised that there is no Greger Huttu in V-WTCC.
Great graphics at IGTC report, LFS looks really awesome there (damn my old c*nt, no where near that).

Also interesting to follow FSR too, keep the good things coming
Quote from beefyman666 :LFSWorld, LFS Racers Database, Stats...

Thanks!

The LFS community is virtually a 50/50 split between under 25's and over 25's.
Professional? You call that professional, being able to read a script perched on top of a desk? I would have hoped it was more about having a good knowledge of your subject matter in the area you worked wheras she as much as admitted she knows nothing about sim racing.

It's just a marketing ploy. If she weren't female and attractive I'd suggest she wouldn't be there, which is sexist is it not?

Agh, what am I complaining for, she's better looking than that other pair
Quote from N I K I :Great graphics at IGTC report, LFS looks really awesome there (damn my old c*nt, no where near that).

Can thank Nolan for that one. (I already did. )
@DWB

Only one thing, long time no see those training videos =\

I really enjoyed them, hope to see them back, they really showed me that you need huge skills for other sims too, not just LFS (we won't talk about feeling of physics)

Produced by Team Redline or someone else, doesn't matter so much, it's just great to watch a lap on the limit onboard + pedal bars
I was wondering roughly when the next episode of Inside Sim Racing would be coming. It's just that my positively awful Kyoto 500 promo video is nearing completion (ish)
lolz Darin, so she's not a Miss or Mrs, she's a Lovely :P You could be a little more discreet about your neffarious intentions infront of your audience, you don't want to wreck a commodity !

It was a good show, I enjoyed it. The length and interest level was about right.

I do agree in general that abbreviations shouldnt be used in speach and often they sound way too deliberate when said - or maybe thats an accent thing?

Keep it up guys. At least, keep producing videos of Jess so your male audience can keep it up.
Sure Becky just for the male audience. You could have fooled the rest.
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :Sure Becky just for the male audience. You could have fooled the rest.

She's a bit too girlie for my taste, how about some tattoo's?
Quote from Becky Rose :She's a bit too girlie for my taste, how about some tattoo's?

Luckily there are some of us who like the girlie type...
(Shouldn't have thought out loud again)

Now that I've seen the igtc story I'm hoping for more LFS content. Anything planned Darin?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG