Serious Console Advice
(67 posts, started )

Poll : Which Option?

PS3 + GTA IV
Xbox 360 + GTA IV
Wait for GTA IV on PC
WII + WII Fit
Stick with my old basic Xbox and GTA SA
My suggestion is go for XBOX 360+GTA 4. Yep, that's right.

And i agree with the controller, PS3 controller looks basically same like PS2 and PS1 controllers, very similar, and kind of boring.

about RRoD, well it can happen withing one week, or never.
My xbox 360 has lasted 9 months, works perfectly and i hope it stays good for long time. But newer xbox consoles produce less heat, so the RRoD chance is decreased, just hope you get good console and TAKE CARE of it well, that means: dont put it standing vertically ; place your console somewhere, where it has much air and offcourse dont throw it or drop it

If you generally like GTA series, then there's no hesitation to buy GTA 4. Game reviewing sites have put max. scores for a reason.
ive never heard of not putting it vertical, and as for the controller i dont care weather it is boring shurly the most important thing is that it works and is confortable to use etc, im not saying the xbox one isnt, i thinkit is, but weather it is boring or not is surely not the point, or am i missing something
Well one reason to put your console horisontally, is because when vertically, think about the dvd tray. And also if its vertical, it may fall down if you bump it or something.
Doesn't the disc tray have a little catch at the bottom and angled just right so the disc doesn't just fall out?

That's how it was on the original PS2, and my old Dell PC could be used vertically or horizontally too.

PS3 will have no problems either way as its like a car CD player that 'eats' the disc.
lol yh they are designed to be sat vertiacally and anyway it will keep them marginally cooler cos more surface ares or the case which can work as a heat sink is exposed to the air
I voted for Wii + WiiFit and Wait for GTA IV on the PC.

For me the Consoles do not give much to me. I have a PS1 and the PS2 and I won´t buy the PS3 or a XBox 360. The Games I really want to play I get also on the PC. So there is no need for me to get one of those Graphics Monsters.

7 Months ago I purchased a Wii (got a nice Discount, otherwise it maybe would not have happened) and it was the best investment in a electronic Entertainment Device for years.

I don´t have much time to play Computer or on the Console. But when I have time and I don´t play LFS we (my GF and me) had alway problems finding Games which we could play together. There is not much on the PC.

Since the PC lacks of Multiplayer Games (on ONE PC) the Wii is perfect for us (and our friends). I never had so much fun infront of a Screen since the C-64 days where the bread box was hooked up to the TV and the whole Family + Friends played together. This is now back with the Wii and I won´t miss it.

So I use my PC for some special Games (Simulations, FPS etc...) and the Wii to play together. If I had purchased a PS3 or XBox360 I would have just another device which is used by myself alone.
i do highly agree with you buedi, my sis has one and whenever im round there i end up having a right laugh on it, the thing that really got us to buy the ps3 was gt5 and im not saying we have got it for that only but we wouldnt have got one any time soon if it wernt for gt5.
Can GTA IV be played with mouse and keyboard on PS3?

I'm really into bying one, not just for GTA, but for God of War 3, Killzone 2, Litlle big planet and other sick games, but i would like to play some with mouse and keyboard..
When the consoles are vertical, the disc's wont fall out. The Xbox ahs a catch on the tray, and when you eject the PS3's discs, they only come out half way, so the little brushes stop it from falling out.

@ Boris. You can buy keyboards and mouse's for both the xbox's and PS3's, but im not sure whether these can be used on games. I will have to ask my mate, he has mouse and keyboard for the xbox.
Ok, maybe i wouldn't play GTA IV with mouse and KB, but i would sure like to play FPS games that way..
Anyway, how's it like to play FPS games with Joypad, is it wierd, do you get used to it, in other words, is it fun?
Quote from Boris Lozac :Ok, maybe i wouldn't play GTA IV with mouse and KB, but i would sure like to play FPS games that way..
Anyway, how's it like to play FPS games with Joypad, is it wierd, do you get used to it, in other words, is it fun?

Just asked my freind. He said he is'nt able to use the keyboard and mouse in game, but can in menus, and chatting/typing.Maybe he missed a setting for it?

Joysticks in FPS shooters are'nt that bad, but i do prefer mouse as its alot more responsive.

In most FPS console games, you can adjust sensitivity anyway.

I always find that inverting the up/down axi's helps. So when i push the stick down, the view goes up. I also turn up the sensitivity a little too. After abit of tweaking, it is very enjoyable.
i'd recommend ps3.
You can use any standard USB mouse and keyboard for the PS3, wasn't sure you could for the xbox.

However, you can't use them in games.
Just a quick question, because the 40GB PS3 only has 2 USB ports, is it possible to use an external USB hub?
That's all great, but PS3 would cost me a monthly paycheck, plus the games here are around 65 euros (is it like that in other countries?)
Quote from Boris Lozac :That's all great, but PS3 would cost me a monthly paycheck, plus the games here are around 65 euros (is it like that in other countries?)

Yep its same here...

But it's alot cheaper in the U.S
Quote from Boris Lozac :That's all great, but PS3 would cost me a monthly paycheck, plus the games here are around 65 euros (is it like that in other countries?)

No, I earn about £2000 a month, and my PS3 cost £289.99

However, I am sure other things, like food, fuel, housing, and power cost MUCH more in the UK than they do in Serbia.
yep as far i i know you can without problem and my favorite little thing is you can upgrade the hdd with a standard laptop sata one without wrecking warranty, so you know the first thing im gonna do to mine when it arrives
Quote from danowat :You can use any standard USB mouse and keyboard for the PS3, wasn't sure you could for the xbox.

However, you can't use them in games.

Standard USB keyboard/mouse work fine for the 360 in menu's and such, plugged mine in a few times. Although I cheat and plug the mouse into the keyboard (G15, has USB ports on back).

Only tried it in the menus and chat though, as far as I know only 4-5 360 games support kb/mouse fully.
Quote from danowat :No, I earn about £2000 a month, and my PS3 cost £289.99

However, I am sure other things, like food, fuel, housing, and power cost MUCH more in the UK than they do in Serbia.

I was asking for the price of the games, not the sallary I would only buy a couple of games, like God of War 3, GTA IV, Litlle big planet... but still, that's like more then 150 euros for just 3 games, plus 460 for the PS3 damn.. i don't know..
Quote from Alex_Ward :Just a quick question, because the 40GB PS3 only has 2 USB ports, is it possible to use an external USB hub?

Yes, any usb hub will work
if you look like what id imagine a bus driver to look like definitely wii fit

and i think consoles cant compete with pcs on any level so wait for gta if you can
Wait for the PC release.

PC + LFS + GTA IV. Do you need anything else?
Shitbox 360
I wouldnt get IV for xbox, I have seen comparisons for both 360 and ps3 and 360 looks like uber s**t. plus everything about ps3 is better and will continute to get better. the fact that it was bashed on a week after its release is beyond me..oh wow 360 has more games..they may have more but u have to pay for all there services and hd dvd is dead and there games compared to ps3 are bad..so my advice I would get ps3
Quote from downlikerain :I wouldnt get IV for xbox, I have seen comparisons for both 360 and ps3 and 360 looks like uber s**t. plus everything about ps3 is better and will continute to get better. the fact that it was bashed on a week after its release is beyond me..oh wow 360 has more games..they may have more but u have to pay for all there services and hd dvd is dead and there games compared to ps3 are bad..so my advice I would get ps3

*Cough..*

Think that pretty much sums everything up.

Serious Console Advice
(67 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG