The online racing simulator
Slickmod by Kegetys
(138 posts, closed, started )
Quote from RacingSimFan :Can slickmod be updated to the new Patch Q?

It already is
Wonderful!!!

LX6 is a blast with slickmod!!
tbh im just thinking.. it would be awesome in s3 to earn credits and actually buy parts for ur car (including slicks) .. and use it online .. also an option for admins to allow upgrades or not..

im not really talking about a needforspeed:u2:mw wannabee game..
but parts that are only used on circuit racing and rallycross.. so different from need for speed parts..
But still it means that the non-experienced newbie has a bog standard car with none of the goodies, while the top guys have all the bells and whistles. I can see this leading to the newbies having even less chance of winning because they need the parts, but to get parts they need to win
Hey folks, I hope you can help me, I can't get the slick mod to run. I have the latest registered version of S2. I loaded the slickmod exe file in the LFS directory. When I start the mod, it always shows..."Waiting for LFS.." in a DOS window. When I start LFS, nothing happens. I tried using the left key in the tire setup and I just see the normal old LFS tires. Same with cycling through tires using the right key.

I also tried starting LFS first and alt tabbing out and starting the mod, but it seemed to make no difference.

Any ideas?
Oops!!! Didn't realize I don't have the latest patch. I haven't played in quite a while. Great mod, BTW! The MRT now handles like a real super cart.
didn't the mrt always have slick_r1?
i think the mrt handles great since s2, but nobody wants to drive it anymore
Maybe he put road supers on it and it now handles better in the sense of no-crazy-snap-oversteer?
Quote from DratsaB :Are there any servers setup that use the slick mod? Some of the cars are so much fun to drive with diff tyres. MRT Rally - this is a lot of fun. Also FZ5 and RA are great with slicks....Please some body set up a server

Yeah I want to make more slickmod servers so maybe we can all make a game with it sometime and race other people
Quote from theblackrabbi :Yeah I want to make more slickmod servers so maybe we can all make a game with it sometime and race other people

Good luck with that. My friend and I tried slickmod for the first time last night. We had a server running for over three hours and nobody joined. Not one single person. And this was on a Sunday when you'd think there would be tons of people playing.
is it possible to run a dedicated slickmod server? I tried, but without success...

if not, please Kegetys, make a dedi version also
Slickmod is amazing! Thanks!
Ive played in slickmod servers a few times with like 8 people racing. You just have to make some message presets that tell people EXACTLY what to do when they join in order to plat, and shout them out repeatedly as soon as they join, right before they get kicked.

When i try to run the pitspotter mod. I get the timeout message thing.
I made sure the folder my lfs files are in has no spaces in its title, but i didnt understand the other autorun adjustments that someone mentioned. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
With what type of lfs does slickmod actually work up untill this moment? Because i'm trying to set up a server with slickmod, but it doesn't seem to work (slickmod.exe stays at "Waiting for LFS...").

Does it work with lfs dedi patch u (not the testpatch u20 that is)?
Does it work with full lfs game patch u/ patch u20?
Quote from Jos Belgium :With what type of lfs does slickmod actually work up untill this moment? Because i'm trying to set up a server with slickmod, but it doesn't seem to work (slickmod.exe stays at "Waiting for LFS...").

Does it work with lfs dedi patch u (not the testpatch u20 that is)?
Does it work with full lfs game patch u/ patch u20?

no and no
kegetys once stated, that he will not make slickmods for test patches
Quote from herki :no and no
kegetys once stated, that he will not make slickmods for test patches

in the eirc (european internet rallycross championship) afaik we all are using patch U client on a patch U slickmod-dediserver. (patch u not u20)
links dead
Quote from Fetzo :in the eirc (european internet rallycross championship) afaik we all are using patch U client on a patch U slickmod-dediserver. (patch u not u20)

If that's true, then how do you explain this? (view attachment, or go to lfsworld and search for the "EIRC server - 2F2F"). It clearly states patch U20.

So if I want to run a dedicated slickmod server, I will need a second license? Because I can't run full lfs in dedi mode with slickmod on my server, and connect to it from my client.
Attached images
eirc - slickmod on u20.JPG
Is slickmod supposed to be able to work with U30?
Because i can't get it to work, and i've followed the instructions to the letter (not that there's many instructions )
It will logically be updated on the next official patch though...
Ok, so if i downgrade to version U, i should have no problems getting it to work? I have a single team race thats using this you see, so i'll prolly only use it the once.

Thanks guys
This would be so much better if it worked for the test patches. I just went to U and it was like going back to S1
Do we have a chance to see it updated to patch X ? now that we have a version of LFS that seems to dont moove so much.
This thread is closed

Slickmod by Kegetys
(138 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG