The online racing simulator
Which section of the Le Mans track do you consider the most famous?
well i want to put a whole scene together with my ferrari 412p after i figure out how to get the textures on it, but i want to make a certain area of the track to add emotion to it instead of .. oh hey look.. a render of a $6 million car.. er.. no, i want to capture it in history (lol maybe i could render it with a cylinder flying out of the rear..hah)

anyways, heres a picture of the old track .. which section do yall consider to be the most 'famous' (besides the start of course lol)

heres a picture that you can see the turns better, as says the picture ^ keep in mind the ford chicane, 2 chicanes down back straight, and the Maison Blanche were not constructed until later dates

now i personally think the most famous section is with the donlup bridge in sight, anyone else have any ideas where i should place the car?
#2 - jtr99
I'm no expert but I know that the Mulsanne Straight was the first part of the track I ever knew by name so I suspect it's the most famous.
The Cafe on the Mulsanne Straight
yep, Mulsanne straight is probably the most well know part of the track.

Dan,
The Dunlop Bridge is probably the most famous part of the track simply because being a landmark it's instantly recognisable. I suspect the Mulsanne Straight is the most famous in name form, mention Le Mans and you're almost guarenteed someone will name that road.
hunaudieres or mulsanne straight for all those who cant pronounce frenc words
either that or the terte rouge
#7 - Smax
Idianopolis corner, Mulsanne Kink, Ligne Droite des Hunaudières [Mulsanne Straight],they're all well known... it's just a famous track....

Give the wikipedia page a look it makes interesting reading.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/24_hours_of_Le_Mans
I've always thought the most famous and best pictures of the LeMan's races were taken at the end of the Mulsanne straight, as the cars have to turn at over 220mph, go over a slight crest and slow to about 50mph.

Perhaps not the most famous PART of LeMans, but I'd say the most famous photo location.
#9 - JJ72
Mulsanne kink,definitely.
Arnage is probably the best bit for spectators, I love being there at night and hearing the cars coming, only to suddenly be blinded by noise and sound as they come over the crest, brake for the tight right hander, and accelerate up through the gears into the forest.

It's not the most famous piece of the track but nothing at Le Mans lacks emotion.

Nuse: that must be an ancient drawing
the website said it was the track map from 1933(i believe it was '33) to 1967, in 1968 they made alot of the corners that are in it now like the porsche chicane and .. many many others

reason i chose that map (not because its the only map i could find [well.. first found atleast]) but because it would look akward rendering a car that raced in le mans '67 in a turn that didnt exist at the time lol
i think i just ran into a serious problem

.. from the 70s till now.. have they flattened the straight? because in GT4 its fairly flat.. but .. from this picture here, theres a huuuuge altitude change:
http://www.a2zracer.com/img434.jpg
"Our Ferrari on the undulating Mulsanne straight"

as compared to now:
http://www.pirro.com/images/0031/rinaldo-cape-97.jpg

also, anyone know where i can get more reference pictures seeing that.. the straight isnt like what i thought it was lol
#13 - Smax
Well I've driven down the mulsanne straight (well, as a passenger) and I don't remember it being as undulating as in the old photo.
lol ya i was looking into that the other day Smax, i think my dad has one of the original videos, i'll have to ask him whenever.. hes not mad lol
Mulsanne straight obviously.
The Mulsane Kink, doesn't really exisit anymore as it is virtually on top of La Source now but in the past it was a hell of a corner. Certainly Le Mans has been flattened over the years, I think the last time followed the Merc in 1999
Mulsanne is the only name the rings a bell (not that I could've placed it in Le Mans).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG