The online racing simulator
Quote from Mb94 :I have tried to make a server for a long time... but i cant get it to work
What should i write as ip? My own ip adress?
A friend tried to connect to me but he cant

I tried one of my friends cfg-file and just changed the ip adress but still i no one can use the server... And my friends doesnt get any message when they try to connect.. they just cant connect at all

Only change the IP if "you have more than one pc in home" (Aka "router is sharing the IP's).

I can't give you any other advices I have gave to everybody else: Open the right ports in your router & firewall.
Quote from Gekkibi :Only change the IP if "you have more than one pc in home" (Aka "router is sharing the IP's).

I can't give you any other advices I have gave to everybody else: Open the right ports in your router & firewall.

Yeah.. but i dont know wich ports. How do i know wich one to open ?
Im sorry, im not good at this...
Quote from Mb94 :Yeah.. but i dont know wich ports. How do i know wich one to open ?
Im sorry, im not good at this...

Look at the first post in this thread.
Quote from Gekkibi :Look at the first post in this thread.

It doesnt work it dont regonize the command...
Is it because i got it in norwegian? if so.. how do i change language?
Quote from Mb94 :It doesnt work it dont regonize the command...
Is it because i got it in norwegian? if so.. how do i change language?

Well, you'll have to open the ports from your router & firewall. Do you have router? Make connection to it (Depends on a model, but usually using web-browser. Go to 192.168.0.1 (Again, depends). Sometimes you'll have to connect using other protocols). You need username (Usually "admin) and password (I hope you know it...) to connect to it. After you have connected, open the ports.
Quote from Gekkibi :Well, you'll have to open the ports from your router & firewall. Do you have router? Make connection to it (Depends on a model, but usually using web-browser. Go to 192.168.0.1 (Again, depends). Sometimes you'll have to connect using other protocols). You need username (Usually "admin) and password (I hope you know it...) to connect to it. After you have connected, open the ports.

I dont understand

I have a speedtouch 585i v6
Quote from Mb94 :I dont understand

I have a speedtouch 585i v6

Specific model doesn't tell me anything. I am sorry, but unless you find someone else to help you (And if he can help you IRL, then even better), you are stuck.
thanks Im trying it later today
i opened the ports... now i only need someone to try to join..

EDIT: Someone just joined the server Thanks !
And now it doesnt work anymore... i get the same error like before and it sais: TPC Socket: bind failed'' or something like that
Quote from Mb94 : And now it doesnt work anymore... i get the same error like before and it sais: TPC Socket: bind failed'' or something like that

Let me guess: You are running the dedicated server on a same computer you play LFS?
Quote from dnx :how to create a server for lfs alpha 0.5X10 ( w version i guess). thanks

Same way you would host patch-Y host, except you must use dedicated server program for patch-X.

In other words, go find a dedi for patch x.
Quote from the_angry_angel :It's unknown how much longer 0.5X10 will be supported on the master server, however.

Was that an inside-information?
Quote from Gekkibi :Was that an inside-information?

Nope, but look at it logically - what would the developers benefit from keeping older versions accessible, with content that is currently not available in older versions, when their entire business model is basically selling content, not patch levels?
Quote from the_angry_angel :Nope, but look at it logically - what would the developers benefit from keeping older versions accessible, with content that is currently not available in older versions, when their entire business model is basically selling content, not patch levels?

Yep. I wondered why they haven't done that when patch Y came.
My best guess would be that if it's going to happen, it's most likely to happen when the demo licencing system gets push to full version
hi seniors,i using adsl broadband router.my pc using lan cable from router(direct).i want to host server.i saw very long list host guide.anyone can teach me easy way to host server so i don't need read all guides?please
1. Port forward (see portforward.com) to your LAN IP of the machine to be hosting the game. By default you need to port forward TCP and UDP 63392. If you change the port number LFS runs on then you need to port forward that port number instead.
2. If using dedicated server configure cfg file. If not using dedicated server, setup options in GUI.

It does say this at the top of the guide though.
Quote from the_angry_angel :1. Port forward (see portforward.com) to your LAN IP of the machine to be hosting the game. By default you need to port forward TCP and UDP 63392. If you change the port number LFS runs on then you need to port forward that port number instead.
2. If using dedicated server configure cfg file. If not using dedicated server, setup options in GUI.

It does say this at the top of the guide though.

i see . thanks
Unm... just a question... The Server that you run can only be demo? Or you can run a s2 server? If you can run a s2 server, how do you do it?

Help me>.<
Quote from eugenewoony :Unm... just a question... The Server that you run can only be demo? Or you can run a s2 server? If you can run a s2 server, how do you do it?

Help me>.<

/mode=x
Where x is either "demo", "S1" or "S2".
Ohs... ok... But now i need a lil help again... i followed the instructions but my dedi's console states OFFLINE not ONLINE? Can any1 help?

Guide: Running an LFS Server
(666 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG