The online racing simulator
Fastest tweeked quarter mile
(24 posts, started )
Sorry if this in the wrong section...

What has everyone pulled in the quarter? I did a 5.98 today...
probably is in the wrong section, unless you mean tweaked by mekanik?
Thats what he means. (I think)
Of course, you can't do a 5.98 with any un-tweaked lfs car I guess?
yeah, using mechanik and slickmod and whatnot. I hope no one is running sub 6 second quarter miles with the original cars...
Wow, What car did you do that in?
Check RSC - back in S1 days somebody managed it in 2.95 seconds IIRC. I've got into the high 4s myself.
the fastest ones i did so far are in the 4.70 range
Nice, nice. I've been going with less HP in an attempt to get better low end traction. What are y'all doing to get these times? Big power and lots of downforce? No downforce and moderate power?

Also, are y'all just flooring it the whole time, short shifting, etc?
single cyl 5 ccm engine with one gear and loads of POWAH
hehe back in s1 you could make almost a monster truck with really big wheels on the rear and just wheelie the quarter mile :P
hahaha, yeah, those were the days. You couldn't get rubber that was as soft as now, though.
I can't go lower than 10ccm
I can't go below about a 5.5. I get going too fast and it stops me.
i got 2.55s as my fastest. In the XF GTI.... BTW, this tweak was in S1, and it had so much grip you could drive upside down and on walls.
Quote from Roadie :i got 2.55s as my fastest. In the XF GTI.... BTW, this tweak was in S1, and it had so much grip you could drive upside down and on walls.

I have that tweak/setup as well. If you recall, the car had a negative value for weight, so it really had unlimited traction because it was being pushed hard into the ground through some weird bug. Great fun doing sub 30 second laps at Blackwood.
hmmm id love to try that s1 tweak myself would one of you two please attach it ?
Quote from Bob Smith :Check RSC - back in S1 days somebody managed it in 2.95 seconds IIRC. I've got into the high 4s myself.

That was probably one of mine. I stumbled across it one day just by changing values to the extreme. Basically get it to rev to 250,000+ rpm with a million horsepower (or more) and it affects the way the suspension and car react. A slight change in the rebound or stiffness would be the difference between the car staying on the road or bouncing away to oblivion. And with a million horsepower it really would take off if you just nudged the throttle. In S2 with the new mechanic thats out I managed a 5.6X something in the Formula V8 with mouse and keyboard. Then I got bored.
Quote from Shotglass :hmmm id love to try that s1 tweak myself would one of you two please attach it ?

Set the redline to at least 11 so you don't kill the engine outright.
Attached files
Better Tweak and Set.zip - 511 B - 281 views
Yeah, I don't think anything much faster than a 5.6 is possible unless someone's got a way to hook up better low end.
i can assure you that the 4.7 range is very well possible
you usually end up passing the line as a crumpled mess of a car but its a 4.7
I can't remember my exact time with S2, but I used the FOX, R1 tyres, minimum tyre pressure, AWD, max downforce, silly power, fairly even torque split. Tyres should pop just after you cross the line, all suspension broken off. It's quite funny, both the F9 and F10 displays go all red (well, or orange). Satisfying in a way, really.
with mechanik drag racing really gets intersting ... keeping the tyres cool ... driving perfectly straight so the forces wont mess up the suspension too early ... staying just under 720
drag racing has really become a challenge like this
Quote from BrandoonWa :Yeah, I don't think anything much faster than a 5.6 is possible unless someone's got a way to hook up better low end.

My problem wasn't hooking up, it was bursting tires going anything faster. It sucks having Mechanic running version P and the slickmod running version Q. R4 slicks last just a hair longer than R3 or R2, Id like to try the Super tires or even Normal to keep it from bursting. Or something else I havn't thought of. Its hard to maintain control when the back tires burst before the fronts.

(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG