The online racing simulator
Champions League
(93 posts, started )
Champions League
I thought about making a post last night but having had a bit too much to drink i thought i best not . So then, who watched liverpool vs arsenal? one of the best european nights in a long long time. IMO it was a penalty, maybe Babel went down a little easy, but this is top flight football and Toure should know better.
Liverpool vs Chelsea in the semi's, dayzavoo (sp) anyone?

How come, as of late English teams are dominating world football?
#2 - J@tko
Quote from Rdcranno :I thought about making a post last night but having had a bit too much to drink i thought i best not . So then, who watched liverpool vs arsenal? one of the best european nights in a long long time. IMO it was a penalty, maybe Babel went down a little easy, but this is top flight football and Toure should know better.
Liverpool vs Chelsea in the semi's, dayzavoo (sp) anyone?

How come, as of late English teams are dominating world football?

What a fantastic last 10 minutes. That's the only part I watched

I'm not a Liverpool fan, but an Arsenal hater

What an amazing run from little Theo. Fantastic. I thought it was all over after that, but it wasn't.

Great match.
Credit to Arsenal, they played some great football aswell, but who can stop liverpool in europe? Walcott's run was by far one of the greatest runs in CL history, hopefully he can pull his finger out and do that for us in an England shirt.
Such a shame that run and goal didn't count for anything. Probably was a penalty, just stings bit when you compare it with the one Arsenal didn't get last week. Great game, though.
Quote from Rdcranno :Credit to Arsenal, they played some great football aswell, but who can stop liverpool in europe? Walcott's run was bar far one of the greatest runs in CL history, hopefully he can pull his finger out and do that for us in an England shirt.

Chelsea can....and WILL if we get rid of that useless twit Grant!!!

(PS...|Substitute "A" for "I" in the penultimate word!|)
One of the best European cup ties I've seen for years. Arsenal were fantastic for 25 mins, they made Liverpool look like a 3rd division team.

Once Liverpool equalised though it was a completely different story. Arsenal didn't have a 'Plan B'.

I get fed up with people who say we always play boring defensive football....There was nothing boring or defensive about last nights performance.

It's always a rollercoaster ride being a Liverpool supporter I certainly went through all the emotions last night. It was incredible.

We have that mental toughness and never say die attitude in Europe that makes me proud to be a fan

Walcotts run was amazing, fair play to the lad. Arsenal deserved that goal all right.
They are a great team, one that i certainly don't dislike, unlike the Mancs and the Chavs. They play the most attractive football in the country, i love watching them play. Unfortunately attractive football doesn't guarantee success.

Both teams played their part in one of the most memorable ties i've seen, but in the end the best team won .

Anyone know where to download the match? Thats one i want to keep.
Schaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalke!!

I don't have much hope, though.
#8 - kirmy
i don't even think the "mighty" chelsea will stop us this year, i can only hope its an all english final, love to beat the mancs in the final. But seriously the only weakness i personally see with liverpool is the pace of the defenders, as was shown last night with theo, maybe a better team (i know arsenal arent exactly div 3 material) could do more damage, but lets hope not

liverpool CL winners '08
TBH i hope it's Barca in the final. However much i would love to beat the mancs in the final, i don't think we would. We have a psychological barrier against them at the moment, and the fact that it's a European match wont change that i don't think.

We'd never hear the end of it if they won it, and I've had enough of smug arrogant Man U fans as it is

Also, could you imagine Liverpool and Man U supporters together in Moscow? Could get nasty TBH.

Still lets see what happens. I think we will beat Chelsea, no problem.

I'll be cheering on Barca in the other match.
My brothers a real Arsenal fan, so he was pretty pissed about what happened. However i don't care who wins i just like that this was probably the most exciting game i've seen(haven't seen much though). Nice to see some interesting play!
Liverpool Barca final!, great history between the two sides and alot of mutual respect for each other, not to mention the spanish influence at liverpool. I was at Anfield last year when we played them, great atmosphere, the barca fans were in the pubs with us!.
Quote from Rappa Z :My brothers a real Arsenal fan, so he was pretty pissed about what happened.....

Nothing to be pissed about You have to hold your hands up and take it on the chin when your not good enough.

Arsenal were good. Liverpool were better. Simple as.

I hope he's not jumping on the 'dodgy penalty' bandwagon. It was a clear penalty. The one Arsenal didn't get last week was a clear penalty too mind you, but you cant blame loosing this game on that.

Glad you enjoyed it though I've seen thousands of matches and this was right up there with the most exciting ones I've ever seen.
It was everything that's great about English football rolled into one game.
Man United and Liverfool in the Final with Man United to win 2-0
Quote from Bladerunner :Chelsea can....and WILL if we get rid of that useless twit Grant!!!

(PS...|Substitute "A" for "I" in the penultimate word!|)

He's doing a pretty good job.
Doing better than Rafa Benitez who seems tailored to coach Champions League games...i wonder what Liverpool could do if only 1 or 2 english teams were able to access the CL.
Quote from fujiwara :He's doing a pretty good job.
Doing better than Rafa Benitez who seems tailored to coach Champions League games...i wonder what Liverpool could do if only 1 or 2 english teams were able to access the CL.

You are only saying that because you don't want us to have "The Special One" back!!!
Avram Grant was given the job with the express orders to get Chelsea playing attractive "sexy" football. Only thing I can say about that is EPIC FAIL!!!!
He is playing even MORE boring football than Mourinho ever played, the players don't know what he is on about...I often think that HE doesn't know what he is on about!!!
Mourinho had a 'plan B' and a plan 'C'; Grant hasn't even got a plan 'A'!!!
As far as I am concerned, there is only one team in the Premiership that would be suitable for Grant...TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR! (English fans SHOULD get it...others might know! )
Quote from fujiwara :He's doing a pretty good job.

Lets be honest, i could do a good job at Chelsea. Anyone who fails to do well with the amount of resources they have shouldn't be in football.

Quote from fujiwara : Doing better than Rafa Benitez who seems tailored to coach Champions League games...i wonder what Liverpool could do if only 1 or 2 english teams were able to access the CL.

Your right to an extent, though we are not as far off the other 'big 3' as we have been, and we drew to many games that we should have won this season. I don't think we're far off the top, we're certainly heading in the right direction.
We are way behind in spending compared to Man U and Chelsea as well. We still have a lot of very average players amongst the few gems. (But they don't half play as a team when it's needed even if it ain't always pretty)
Don't bring Arsenals lack of spending into it either...they have won nothing for,what is it? 4 seasons?

I'm patient. 3 more seasons and i think we'll be properly challenging for the Premier league again, and i Rafa is the man to do it. Our youth/reserve teams are producing some fantastic players as well...watch this space
Quote from Bladerunner :You are only saying that because you don't want us to have "The Special One" back!!!
Avram Grant was given the job with the express orders to get Chelsea playing attractive "sexy" football. Only thing I can say about that is EPIC FAIL!!!!
He is playing even MORE boring football than Mourinho ever played, the players don't know what he is on about...I often think that HE doesn't know what he is on about!!!
Mourinho had a 'plan B' and a plan 'C'; Grant hasn't even got a plan 'A'!!!
As far as I am concerned, there is only one team in the Premiership that would be suitable for Grant...TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR! (English fans SHOULD get it...others might know! )

LOL.
I don't have anything against Chelsea or Mourinho, i predicted a dark future for Chelsea when Mourinho was sacked...but turns out Chelsea is holding good.
I'm a bit fan of Chelsea because you have some portuguese players, and i wish you all the luck you can get.
ROFL!!!!

:bowdown:John Arne Riise for Prime Minister! He is my HERO!!!!!

About time somebody stole something from the Scousers; to make up for all the hub caps they've nicked over the years!:headbang:

See all you Scousers at the Bridge next week, bring your own Kleenex!!!

:laola:
Quote from Bladerunner ::bowdown:John Arne Riise for Prime Minister! He is my HERO!!!!!

Well , you need us to provide your heroes for you don't you, because you certainly couldn't find any in a blue shirt tonight.

The Liverpool police need to find that sniper that keeps shooting Drogba every time that he appears at Anfield. Shocking.

Your team were shite, did nothing and were played off the park.

Don't get complacent, we've beaten the cream of Europe in there own backyards over the last few years. It's game on still, and I'm still totally confident that we'll be the ones in Moscow.
Quote from The Moose :
The Liverpool police need to find that sniper that keeps shooting Drogba every time that he appears at Anfield. Shocking.

His name is Jamie Carragher and he lives in Scouseland
Quote from The Moose :
Your team were shite, did nothing and were played off the park.

Wont disagree that we were shite, but personally I blame the handicap we have had all season...GRANT!
Quote from The Moose :
Don't get complacent, we've beaten the cream of Europe in there own backyards over the last few years. It's game on still, and I'm still totally confident that we'll be the ones in Moscow.

Ah, but according to everybody except us bluenoses, we aren't the cream of Europe; we DO, however, have a fantastic home record!
Last night Chelsea got the luck they lost when Guðjohnsen (i think it was him) missed an easy goal a few years ago in the last moments of the game.
Such a shame , me and my friends (majority cheared for Liverpool) were shocked when Riise did that, no one said anything for like half a minute.. unexplainable move, to go with the head, instead with the leg on that ball, but what can you do, chelsea have more luck then money it seems...
They were redicolous, what did they do all match, have that one good move by Malouda and that's it.. Liverpool kicked they're butt fair and square... and they will do it again next week...
Quote from Boris Lozac :Such a shame , me and my friends (majority cheared for Liverpool) were shocked when Riise did that, no one said anything for like half a minute.. unexplainable move, to go with the head, instead with the leg on that ball, but what can you do, chelsea have more luck then money it seems...
They were redicolous, what did they do all match, have that one good move by Malouda and that's it.. Liverpool kicked they're butt fair and square... and they will do it again next week...

You don't seem to understand how eliminatory games work.
Luck...yeah, luck is part of the game, the same luck that helped Wigan to score in the overtime for the Premiership.

Champions League
(93 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG