The online racing simulator
I am not arguing about specifics of the actual physics model. I am not qualified to comment on that. Though I do like the way NetKar drives... but that is more about recognising the potential, rather than the actual product.

The only thing to do I guess is go and hire some FFm and F Renaults and try em out... but at £1000+ a day! that may be out of my price range to just see if sims are good!
How do you measure potential?

1. The scope for improvement throughout the simulation
or
2. The scope for improvement throughout the simulation factoring in the likelihood, or not, of ever getting anything like a basic patch...

I used to be a 1. man, but not I'm a 2. man with nK, and as such I see no potential at all.

So all we can so is comment on the sim as it is now (flawed, buggy and incomplete in many many areas), and I feel that the driving experience isn't quite as realistic overall as LFSs. Of course nK scores in some areas over LFS as well, sometimes in not inconsiderable ways. But I'm not someone who thinks the FFB, the driving model or the car feel is better in nK. Yet (I reserve the right to change my opinion if Kunos pulls whatever it is out of his arse and does some work for his customers!).
NetKar's development obviously voids any potential is may have had. Well I say potential... but the actual product NetKar could 'potentially be' may be in existence... but only with BRD.

apparently we will be getting something in 2 weeks.... so then we can see where NetKar really stands.... or not... deadline and netkar... two words that do NOT go together!
#454 - Woz
Quote from deggis :But I'll say this: roughly within 2 weeks (something like that) there will be a very interesting and 'tangible' 1.0.3 proof of life. Something that you can download.

One thing I can say: if 1.0.3 is not here within 6 months, I think that I will give up this project as well It simply must be out there before that.

http://forum.rscnet.org/showpost.php...4&postcount=83

Yep. I really had to provoke Jaap to get that info
Quote from Woz :Yep. I really had to provoke Jaap to get that info

I'm still not sure what "there will be a very interesting and 'tangible' 1.0.3 proof of life. Something that you can download." is supposed to mean though.

It's obviously not the actual patch as no patch testing has taken place at all. I very much doubt that patch testing has taken place secretly in house at BRD, so what we are supposed to expect in two weeks i have no idea
#456 - Woz
Quote from The Moose :I'm still not sure what "there will be a very interesting and 'tangible' 1.0.3 proof of life. Something that you can download." is supposed to mean though.

It's obviously not the actual patch as no patch testing has taken place at all. I very much doubt that patch testing has taken place secretly in house at BRD, so what we are supposed to expect in two weeks i have no idea

Yep the real proof is when he says that if retail 1.0.3 is not out in 6 months he will give up on NKP. This shows the "news" will not be the patch so I expect some vid or similar.

I still think BRD don't really want anything to do with NKP retail TBH. I don't think NKP made big sales so more hassle then gain for them. They just wanted the tech to sell on for custom work as more cash and less hassle etc. Much better fit this way for BRD.

Only time will tell and now the clock is ticking
Quote from Woz :I expect some vid or similar.

A vid just ain't going to cut it

We know the netbike demo is using a version of 1.03 and we've already seen vids of the F1 car and a changed Aviano. I guarantee that's running on a version of 1.03.

1.03 exists in some form already. A new vid confirming this tells us nothing we don't already know.
Well at least we know that if Jaap keeps his word about this 6 months business we know we have some kinda deadline for the NetKar team. No Jaap = No NetKar. That lad has done a sterling job of keeping nKp alive!
Quote from Intrepid : That lad has done a sterling job of keeping nKp alive!

Yup...he's done a bloody good job. The GPC league is great and without his addon tracks nK probably would have died a long time ago.

Fingers crossed netKar's going to have the future it deserves.
Quote from The Moose :Fingers crossed netKar's going to have the future it deserves.

and even more importantly customers have a product they deserve.
Quote from deggis :and even more importantly customers have a product they deserve.

Yesssir indeedy
#463 - Woz
sorry Moose took me a while to answer, your still in for today? if so what time you wanted to get going?

Quote from The Moose :Ok. I'll give it a miss tonight then. If you want a server set up with a specific combo for Thursday let me know.

would probably be a good idea, having to practice 10 min and then qualify 20min for a 4 lap race gets boring soon. If you would have a server that could be lowered or restarted directly correct? (if there is a restart option for non admins we didn't find it during the racing some days ago)
Quote from troy :sorry Moose took me a while to answer, your still in for today? if so what time you wanted to get going?

Actually I'm going to have to give it a miss tonight unfortunately. sorry 'bout that.

The guy that runs our server isn't about either, so i cant even get him to set one up for you

Is Sunday evening any good to you?
i'm running gttc until around 17.00 or 17.30 UTC, after that it should be no problem to join you guys
Quote from troy :i'm running gttc until around 17.00 or 17.30 UTC, after that it should be no problem to join you guys

Ok, i'll try and get a few people interested for Sunday then

What car would you prefer to race?
Where to get started?
Well i had the demo, decided to buy it tonight. Where should i get started, what patches do i need to download, its currently the 1.02.176 patch, is this the latest?
Quote from Rdcranno :Well i had the demo, decided to buy it tonight. Where should i get started

Best places for nKPro info are
http://forum.gpchampionship.com/
http://forum.racesimcentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=244
and http://www.lastplace-racing.com/forum/

Some tracks can be found in the download section at http://www.gpchampionship.com/gpcos/
The new Lastplace.lake track will be released soon as well.

Yes, you have the latest version.

As the GPC season is drawing to a close you will probably find it hard to find any racing going on for a while though.
I'm going to try and organise some off season races soon. (mostly F2000 and F3)
I'll sort out some setups for you soon.

Remind me by PM if i forget
I see what you mean about their being 'No Margin for error' lol.

Cheers for the info Moose, ill be sure to check them out, ill PM you sometime and give nKpro a bash.
Removed
Hey,

For anyone who is interested, Kemsley Racing has been launched

Kemsley Racing Team

Our aim is to develop as drivers and gain experience.

We are currently looking for drivers and sponsorship.

Please visit our website/forum for more information.

Cheers,
Mclarenmatt
Falkenberg is out...HERE

Enjoy!

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG