The online racing simulator
Quote from wien :That's because it isn't. You're the one that brought that issue up. What you're experiencing is a separate issue in which LFS asks the driver "AA and AF please" and the driver goes "what was that?" and ignores those commands. This bug is LFS (or probably DX8) specific, meaning other games may still work, but that does not mean LFS itself is at fault.

With the complexity of drivers these days, and the amount of application detection they do, this kind of application specific problem is not witout precedent.

If that is the case then fair enough. I only refered to that driver issue because I thought, (mistakenly maybe), that is what the poster was refering to.

If however, as you state,(and the other poster meant), this is a different application specific fault with the driver that the developer is already aware of then I'm sorry to have raised it again.

I'm not trying to pick fault. I was only trying to be helpful by relating what I believed to be a fault.

By the way, I can't install 174.xx WHQL version as it fails saying no compatible hardware found. I have however tried the beta version of the same driver and with this driver AA seems to be being applied to everything. Including LFS when I set the AA to "none". So it would appear to me that this beta driver is also buggy and therefore of no help to me.

So, I've gone back to what are officially the latest available WHQL certified drivers for my particular hardware (169.25).
Quote from duke_toaster :
Quote from EQ Worry :Downloading skins is a very good feature as well. But this is to a large extent hampered by inability to upload skins to LFSW. It means that most demo users will still not see custom skins of other demo users. But consider that demo users have only three cars available - maybe they could be allowed one uploaded skin for each car (perhaps further limited to one update a week).

Demo is short for demonstration, and the skin downloading system is demonstrated when a licenced driver joins.

Yes, I understand that point very well. But in the end it will be the S2 drivers that will get lots of messages about inability to download skins of demo drivers when they come on any demo server or S2 server currently in demo track/car configuration. And I think they are not used to such errors and they may soon feel frustrated.

So the inability of demo people to upload a single skin would make life of S1/S2 people harder. Sure, they see the messages even in Y and earlier patches when they come on a demo server, but since Y18 the separation of server versions is not that clear anymore and we see many S2 licensed drivers on new demo servers (in fact more S2 than DEMO people, who yet have to discover how to patch LFS and register).
Quote from EQ Worry :Yes, I understand that point very well. But in the end it will be the S2 drivers that will get lots of messages about inability to download skins of demo drivers when they come on any demo server or S2 server currently in demo track/car configuration. And I think they are not used to such errors and they may soon feel frustrated.

Do you really think Scawen hasn't thought of that? I seriously doubt that those notices will appear in this case.

By the way, I welcome the recent changes whole-heartedly, both as an admin and a racer. Keep it up!
I think its a great idea, the new patch, but giving more away free is not the way to go.
Quote from EQ Worry :Yes, I understand that point very well. But in the end it will be the S2 drivers that will get lots of messages about inability to download skins of demo drivers when they come on any demo server or S2 server currently in demo track/car configuration. And I think they are not used to such errors and they may soon feel frustrated.

Well, if they fell frustrated then why don't they stay only in S2 licensed servers, as they did in previous patches?
Quote from felplacerad :By the way, I welcome the recent changes whole-heartedly, both as an admin and a racer. Keep it up!

Agree!
Not sure if this is a Patch bug or not(I've only just begun experiencing this), but sometimes while in race with G25 wheel, the steering inputs get changed somehow. ie. its set to 720 then in middle of race(no accidents) it will change to like 110 degrees.
Then I Alt+Tab out and back in; changing nothing; and it works fine. Any ideas? I was driving FZR

P.S. It also happened in XFG after a horrendous accident so I just attributed it to that.
If you are scanning viruses while driving it can affect the Logitech Profiler. Atleast AVG, when it finishes the scan, does something and the Profiler some how disconnects my DFP. Popping to windows and back fixes it.

Best bet is to have no programs running in the background when you race.

Great patch. Has something been done to the audio? It sounds better. Can be the result of a fresh windows install though.
So it is true: Anti-virus programs causes more problems than preventing them.
Quote from The Radness :Not sure if this is a Patch bug or not(I've only just begun experiencing this), but sometimes while in race with G25 wheel, the steering inputs get changed somehow. ie. its set to 720 then in middle of race(no accidents) it will change to like 110 degrees.
Then I Alt+Tab out and back in; changing nothing; and it works fine. Any ideas? I was driving FZR

P.S. It also happened in XFG after a horrendous accident so I just attributed it to that.

Doesn't seem like a game bug, it's more like a profiler fault. Maybe try reinstalling the logitech profiler. It might help..
Quote from March Hare :If you are scanning viruses while driving it can affect the Logitech Profiler. Atleast AVG, when it finishes the scan, does something and the Profiler some how disconnects my DFP. Popping to windows and back fixes it.

Best bet is to have no programs running in the background when you race.

Great patch. Has something been done to the audio? It sounds better. Can be the result of a fresh windows install though.

no, no scanning going on, the only thing that was open was IE at LFSWorld. I'll try a fresh profiler install later when I get home. Thanks
Quote from The Radness :the only thing that was open was IE at LFSWorld

Don't do that, by the way. LFSW automatically refreshes every few seconds, and the short spike in CPU and net usage can cause lag or at least periodically occurring stutters in LFS.
Quote from AndroidXP :Don't do that, by the way. LFSW automatically refreshes every few seconds, and the short spike in CPU and net usage can cause lag or at least periodically occurring stutters in LFS.

Quote from My LFSW settings@LFSWorld :Live Alert poll interval (0 to disable LA)

I use '0' there, no lag spikes and of course no refresh (F5) too.
I really like the idea of this patch!

I'd be interested to know Scawen's opinion on how the kick/ban system should work for demo users.

It's harsh in some ways, but my thoughts are that demo users can vote against other demo users, but not S2 users. That privilege comes with the licence. (I'm mainly concerned about the dodgy voting habits of some demo users though...)
Quote from farcar :It's harsh in some ways, but my thoughts are that demo users can vote against other demo users, but not S2 users. That privilege comes with the licence. (I'm mainly concerned about the dodgy voting habits of some demo users though...)

I don't like the idea that licensed user have "overpower" over others. There are lots of wreckers and rammers among licensed users, and what prevents them to join demo-server to ruin things up?
Quote from Gekkibi :what prevents them to join demo-server to ruin things up?

The terms and conditions of the licence?

Well, it doesn't prevent S2 licence holders from acting like dickheads, but means there are consequences.
Quote from SilverArrows77 :in my opinion any server that has vote kick/ban enabled isnt worth racing on anyway- there is no subsitute for a server with a good group of admin around to handle these things themselves. So simple solution is stick to servers that dont have voting enabled

Maybe you're right, but the whole idea of this thing is unification of demo and licenced users, so Scawen will need to make a decision one way or another.
Quote from SilverArrows77 :in my opinion any server that has vote kick/ban enabled isnt worth racing on anyway- there is no subsitute for a server with a good group of admin around to handle these things themselves. So simple solution is stick to servers that dont have voting enabled

So in case there is a hacker/wrecker ruining everything we have to wait for the absent admin to ban the dude. -_-
Quote from Gekkibi :There are lots of wreckers and rammers among licensed users

The numbers pale in comparison to demo users. Besides, licensed racers can be punished with no limits when they wreck. A demo racer can still just make a new account.
In the end licensed racers have paid for the game, demo racers have not (yet), so there will and have to be difference in abilities, nothing wrong with that IMO.
Quote from AndroidXP :Don't do that, by the way. LFSW automatically refreshes every few seconds, and the short spike in CPU and net usage can cause lag or at least periodically occurring stutters in LFS.

Thanks, I didn't kow that.

Quote from Renku :I use '0' there, no lag spikes and of course no refresh (F5) too.

I will give that a try. Thanks
im gonna take a guess most demo'ers are still on x
Quote from vane :im gonna take a guess most demo'ers are still on x

Only the majority of drifters. Those who really race are interested of FBM, and thus have the Y-patch.
Quote from Gekkibi :Only the majority of drifters. Those who really race are interested of FBM, and thus have the Y-patch.

Half-true. I race, but not in the FBM. I don't feel comfortable driving it, because I can't feel the speed the car is going if it doesn't slide or lose traction (don't misunderstand this with drift).
But as you said, I really race and I have the Y patch.
Great work devs!! What will happen after Patch Z? I mean what patch will be the next one after that?
Quote from jonny__27 :Half-true. I race, but not in the FBM. I don't feel comfortable driving it, because I can't feel the speed the car is going if it doesn't slide or lose traction (don't misunderstand this with drift).
But as you said, I really race and I have the Y patch.

Then you use Y because of clutch heat. Right decision!
This thread is closed

Test Patch Y18 - Licensed Demo System
(324 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG