The online racing simulator
Power Supply Requirements
(9 posts, started )
So I was bored, and I found a power supply calculator on the Asus website that I didn't know they had, so I decided to try it out. I filled out what I think was close to my specifications and it told me the minimum was 600W. It seems as if this thing grossly exaggerates your requirements, so I was wondering what other ppl got in relation to what they actually have. For example, my computer runs fine - and has for a while, and I use a 520W power supply, lol.

http://support.asus.com/PowerS ... ator.aspx?SLanguage=en-us
All power consumption calculators are different. I prefer to use this one. The results are coherents and it has many options for adding all devices that sucks energy from your power supply.
According to that page, the maximum for my rig is about 365 W.
Yeah - I never saw that version before. That one tells me a much more reasonable 456W.
420 W Tagan - 2 HDs, 2 DVD drives, Abit QuadGT (965), Celeron 420 (at 2,4 GHz - 50% OC), 2 gigs of RAM, 7900 GTO and 2 NICs.
if this is it:

FX-62 | Crosshair | 4 x 1 Gb Corsair RAM | 1.4 TB Seagate Drives (4x320 RAID + 120) | 520W Corsair Modular PSU | Lian-Li PC60B Plus II-W and extras |
| Xonar Sound Card |
Hauppauge HVR 1600 | 6800GT (soon 8800GT) | Dual 19" Acer Monitors | Epson Projector | Logitech z5300e | G25 Steering Wheel |

Then you're unlikely to draw more than 230W of DC power with cpu, gpu and harddisks all stressed. Out of the socket that'll be less than 300W considering you have a good and efficient PSU
Modular PSUs are not as efficent as the old school way of having everything directly connected to the PSU as you're adding another level of resistance to the system.

My system chugs 474w. But like a fool I have a slightly over powered PC P&C 710W PSU in here.
, guess my other 8800gt coming tomorrow will push the watts up even higher even thou my psu is only 600 watt.
Attached images
lol.JPG
-
(Nadeo4441) DELETED by Nadeo4441
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Modular PSUs are not as efficent as the old school way of having everything directly connected to the PSU as you're adding another level of resistance to the system.

Sorry but that is nonsense. Contact losses are VERY minimal. I doubt you could measure it, it would matter less than ONE WATT for sure!

Quote : My system chugs 474w. But like a fool I have a slightly over powered PC P&C 710W PSU in here.

Measured at the socket or according to a website? 474W is enough for a quad core intel cpu with dual sli 8800gtx cards..
Quote from rc10racer :, guess my other 8800gt coming tomorrow will push the watts up even higher even thou my psu is only 600 watt.

LOL! that is outrageous! You'd be fine with a good 300W powersupply even! Any decent modern powersupply will do fine.. geez these calculators are so horribly bad its .. stunning.

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG