The online racing simulator
S1 Users : Test Patch Y18 Recommended!
Hello S1 Racers.

I just wanted to make sure you know about Test Patch Y18 - the best thing to happen to S1 since... S2
Now S1 racers can see all S1 hosts and S2 hosts with S1 content enabled (and Y18 Demo hosts as well).
It's only midday, so only 1 third of the peak number of racers are online, but using my S1 license I can see 120 hosts of which 11 are populated.
That's a lot more than you see online with the official version.

Test Patch : http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=41861

Also a note to Demo Racers :

Using the test patch you can also see all S1 and S2 hosts with demo content enabled.
To use it you must enter a GAME password at www.lfs.net (more info in Test Patch thread).
S1 Users: Please Upgrade To S2
Yea I got nothin.

Except hopefully we'll see plenty more TBO racers around!
Pretty cool, glad to see this implemented.
Sounds like a nice improvement.

I'm not totally sure if I like to see Demo users on S2 servers (FBM @ BL1 for example). It's good that they need to 'activate' their account, however they'll still be able to create more accounts. (doesn't mean all demo's are bad driver, it's just that some of them like act against the intrests of racing).

I'm not complaining about it, it's just the thought I had when I was reading through the changes - There's a chance that I'm totally wrong

edit: ok, ok... I've just read some more of the Test Patch thread and I see that it's pretty well handled and controllable very nice
I have a different vision:
S2 racers should be able to join demo servers and use their S2 content to taunt demo racers That might make them buy S2 then...or at least irritate them

Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to blow the dust of the good old XRT and give it a spin on some demo server
Quote from Scawen :Hello S1 Racers.

I just wanted to make sure you know about Test Patch Y18 - the best thing to happen to S1 since... S2
Now S1 racers can see all S1 hosts and S2 hosts with S1 content enabled (and Y18 Demo hosts as well).
It's only midday, so only 1 third of the peak number of racers are online, but using my S1 license I can see 120 hosts of which 11 are populated.
That's a lot more than you see online with the official version.

Test Patch : http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=41861

Also a note to Demo Racers :

Using the test patch you can also see all S1 and S2 hosts with demo content enabled.
To use it you must enter a GAME password at www.lfs.net (more info in Test Patch thread).

I remember a discussion about this happening, I didn't think it would actually be done.
Well done LFS team!
SO basically S2 players can use S2 cars on demo servers? and demo players can go onto BL1 S2 servers, but not use the S2 cars?
Quote from Sueycide_FD :SO basically S2 players can use S2 cars on demo servers? and demo players can go onto BL1 S2 servers, but not use the S2 cars?

no, demo players can drive in s2 servers, when the combo is made from demo combo i think.
i thought S1 users were an extinct specie.
Just a question... ¿why there are still S1 users? For low end rigs maybe?
Quote from NitroNitrous :Just a question... ¿why there are still S1 users? For low end rigs maybe?

all live for speed versions are the same except for the content - that is what is so beautiful about this sim... the demo is a proper demo of the current technical stand of the full game and even the people who only bought a s1 licence till now get the same updates as everyone.

the possibility to join all users on common servers now will surly get some more to get a licence, because they get a chance to race with more experienced drivers and are not stuck on the demo servers with an unproportional amount of wrecking and chrashing.

the community on the other side should welcome them and be gentle if someone is not behaving right - but at the same time show them how proper and fair racing is bringing more fun to everyone.
and show them the way to the forums, because only if they meet the community some of them will realize that lfs is not just another racing game but a racing community and the longest living open betatest in history - most other games don´t get played that long and with the the same enthusiasm even if they are a major release!

peace mo

you can also have more than one installation of live for speed on your harddrive. i for instance have a lfs demo 0.4q, a s1h, s2v and s2y and all are unlocked! Unlocking of 0.4q is not possible anymore because the master server has moved but you can play and make servers online with all versions! you can even revert your unlocked s2 to a s1 or demo version if you want to but you need unlocks everytime so better do some parallel installs. this should be no licence problem since you can use only one version at a time... and it is quite fun to race the older versions from time to time to see how far we have come.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG