The online racing simulator
System of a down is pop?
(72 posts, started )
System of a down is pop?
Well im kinda metalhead but in last week a lot of people telling me that SOAD IZ PURE TEH METAL. Their songs get boring really fast(i can listen to metal songs quite long time,but all poprock gets boring in few times) vocalist try to be cool ,but everything they do sound like pop or atleast not real heavy music as linkin park,papa roach,tokio hotel,him,manson,slipknot,avril ant simmilar crap. Am i wrong and soad is pure metal,rock or some newkind(new metal?)
Quote from Neblaivas :... real heavy music as linkin park,papa roach,tokio hotel,him,manson,slipknot,avril ant simmilar crap.

Also what do you care is someone says its pop?
Pick a label, any label.
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
Because people say "I listen to METAL bands like soad,tokio hotel"
have you listened to their older albums?
#6 - Woz
I think blue hats are better than red hats myself, or was that yellow ones. I can never remember. Who cares anyway what label you put a band under.

Your idea will be different to someone else. All the labels/tags you want to use are pure BS anyway.

The only thing that matters is if you like something or not. You don't sound like you are a fan. Others are. Who cares.

Listen to music because you like it not because you feel you should because it is labeled X or Y.

I love any music where the person has put themselves into. Be it NIN, Eminem, Joni Mitchel, Joy Division, Kraftwork or some classical piece.

All that matters is that it causes a reaction
It is not metal at all. Infact is is very crap music, I have never liked System of a Down, their songs just annoy the hell out of me... mainly because of the singer. Their music gets old fast. There are way better groups than these guys that are 'pure' metal. And I am a big fan of Metal and some Hardcore music, System of a Down is a genre for stupidity that doesn't sound like music at all.
Quote from Woz :Your idea will be different to someone else. All the labels/tags you want to use are pure BS anyway.

+1 Anyway, eventually (9000 years) all music will probably be one big genre, and it will all sound the same.
I'm not a big fan of System of a Down, but I am quite enjoying Serj Tankians album.
Well i dont like idea behind pop music. I listen to what I like ,but pop music with unnatural instruments (pc made) so I just can't listen
Quote from Neblaivas :Well i dont like idea behind pop music. I listen to what I like ,but pop music with unnatural instruments (pc made) so I just can't listen

It's not only pop music that use computer generated sounds. A very large majority of genre's use them now and then.

But that's the main reason I don't really any kind of pop, drum 'n bass, dance, trance, happy hardcore, rap, r'n'b etc etc. Pretty much all of them are done by using computer generated sounds, whereas pretty much most rock bands actually play instruments and have a true talent for it, not clicking a few buttons and going 'look what I made'.

Rock FTW. :headbang:
#13 - Woz
Quote from Neblaivas :Well i dont like idea behind pop music. I listen to what I like ,but pop music with unnatural instruments (pc made) so I just can't listen

So by that logic Nine Inch Nails down are pure pop music

Quote from Neblaivas :...heavy music as linkin park,papa roach,tokio hotel,him,manson,slipknot,avril ant simmilar crap...

did i read it wrong or did you say those bands you listed were heavy metal? i think tehy arent even close to that
SOAD create music, and the only opinion on it that matters is your own. Though I doubt there are many people that wouldn't classify them in the style of metal, which particular genre they (don't) fit into is a much less clear issue, and tbh not particularly relevant to anything.
Tokio Hotel are just unmitigated turd, IMO. It's not like Nevada Tan where they are so annoying (despite being nu metal) they have some eurovision-esque merit ...
Considering guys with high fashion haircuts and dressed in girls' jeans screaming about heartache during verses and singing about heartache during choruses is categorized as metal these days... Yeah, SOAD is pretty heavy metal in that sense.

Steal This Album was a goodie but after that their standards plummeted and the double album was truly awful.
This thread...
SYSTEM of a Down.....Bah..average....

ALBANY Down Innovative, raw,

REAL metal (the list above) ???? WHAT ARE YOU ON??
Real metal is Zepp, Maiden, Sabbath, Aerosmith, Motorhead, AC\DC...get the idea???
<insert band here> isn't <instert genre here>! They're <insert similar genre here>!

<insert other band that are less well known> are actually <insert original genre here>

x1000000000000 all over the internet and everywhere.
Zepp,maiden,ac/dc is hard rock. I didnt wanted to say that sk,lp,avril,manson...is heavy metal people who listen mainly pop music says that theese bands are pure music not pop,poprock,popmetal,popgoth or whatever
If you classify HIM as metal, then SOAD is too. Either way, though, who gives a toss? Do you like it? Listen to it. If you don't, don't listen to it. Simple as that.

I mainly listen to metal and hardcore, admittedly, but I also have a lot of classical, adult alternative, acoustic, etc etc. There's even a little bit of dance/techno/house/whatever-the-hell-it's-called in my collection. If you're just trying to be a metal head to fit into a certain category you're a tool, end of story. Don't artificially limit your tastes.

Oh yea, Slipknot and many other metal bands use a lot of computer-driven effects, too, and you list them as pure metal.
don't you have serious problems in your life or do you just have too much spare time?
There are only two music genres: good music and bad music, and they vary for each person, depending on their taste.
Pop = popular. So, yup, for me they're a pop band now.

System of a down is pop?
(72 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG