The online racing simulator
Once And ForALL !
(24 posts, started )
#1 - sun
Once And ForALL !
Hi,

I am sick of people, connecting to the OCS server, and trying to steal cars and leaving. So i made this thread to tell you what a cruise Server is. A cruise server, is a server what is running an InSim that connects to LFS and changes the gameplay. What you do on: CLC, LTC, OCS, R-L, TC, is that you drive around in an UF1000, and earn cash and have fun. You can buy new cars by typing '!prices' and it will come up with the list of cars that are available for you to drive. If you want that car you really wanted, then type in: '!buy xrt' for example and that will buy the XRT for what ever the price is.

Whats the point ?

The point is, that have fun and relax and enjoy your self.

Why do you do it ?

You do it, is so that you can become rich or popular on some of the servers or not. ( might be wrong )

I hope you get the idea now. I hope this Stops now.

Thanks

Owen.
Quote from sun :Hi,

I am sick of people, connecting to the OCS server, and trying to steal cars and leaving. So i made this thread to tell you what a cruise Server is. A cruise server, is a server what is running an InSim that connects to LFS and changes the gameplay. What you do on: CLC, LTC, OCS, R-L, TC, is that you drive around in an UF1000, and earn cash and have fun. You can buy new cars by typing '!prices' and it will come up with the list of cars that are available for you to drive. If you want that car you really wanted, then type in: '!buy xrt' for example and that will buy the XRT for what ever the price is.

Whats the point ?

The point is, that have fun and relax and enjoy your self.

Why do you do it ?

You do it, is so that you can become rich or popular on some of the servers or not. ( might be wrong )

I hope you get the idea now. I hope this Stops now.

Thanks

Owen.

I appreciate the idea, but I don't think this is going to work Maybe you should find a way to send an auto-message once a guest joins your server.
#3 - sun
ok just trying to work on, how to send a message every 10 minutes, lol.....
Quote from sun :trying to steal cars and leaving

Move to a server that's not located in Hull then.
#6 - sun
Hull ? its in the UK......
Quote from sun :The point is, that have fun and relax and enjoy your self..

Quote from sun :drive around in an UF1000, and earn cash and have fun. You can buy new cars by typing '!prices' and it will come up with the list of cars that are available for you to drive. If you want that car you really wanted, then type in: '!buy xrt' for example and that will buy the XRT for what ever the price is.

seems an oxy moron to me

Quote from sun :Why do you do it ?

You do it, is so that you can become rich or popular on some of the servers or not. .

oh word?
It's way more tempting now to come on and try to steal cars (however one would go about doing that). I think you'll find the problem will get worse now
Quote from tristancliffe :It's way more tempting now to come on and try to steal cars (however one would go about doing that). I think you'll find the problem will get worse now

Let me know when you do, Ill get a few other lads together and we will do a proper job!

Gone in 60 seconds can't touch this!
What's the point of cruise servers?

There aren't any point in cruise servers...
Quote from tristancliffe :It's way more tempting now to come on and try to steal cars (however one would go about doing that). I think you'll find the problem will get worse now

Yup, Now I'm tempted to try cruising, just so i can steal cars and piss off cruisers.

Watch your vehicles closely ladies...you might be about to loose them..
Three out of the last four posts were exactly what I was thinking....now I have a reason to go on cruise servers.
How do you actually steal a car on a cruise server?
The only words (or letters) that can explain this thread, is "lol"
@sun
I'm sorry to say, but if you're counting on people stopping being morons you will be disappointed. The world is, regrettably, full of them.
And TBH I can't imagine there's that many of the morons in question actually browse the forums. We have our own special set
1st moron is the thread starter.
The "stealing cars" is people trying to exit pits (aka joining the "race") with a car they arent licenced for.
So if you enter the server, choose the XFG, then join race.. you'r "Stealing" a car.

@OP: ever thought that people joined the server to RACE? see the full cars available and just chose one? Then they get a nasty (and quite ill-manered) message telling them they are theifs, they choose another car, it also doesnt work, then another, it also doesnt work and so forth till they are sick of it and leave?

Ever thought the problem is YOU, not them?

If someones comes up to you and yells at you, they have a problem. If many people come to you and yell at you... problably YOU have a problem.

Try to put a welcome message that explains what the server is / which can can you start driving with/etc? Then as people exit pits with UF1000 give a small text message explaining commands, rules, purpose, etc?
Quote from sun :Hi,

I am sick of people, connecting to the OCS server, and trying to steal cars and leaving. So i made this thread to tell you what a cruise Server is. A cruise server, is a server what is running an InSim that connects to LFS and changes the gameplay.

[ snip ]

And within 3 sentences, you blew any credibility you still had and made the rest of your post about as useful as a lace condom.

There is no such thing as 'an insim' and insim most certainly does not 'connect to LFS and changes gameplay'. No wonder you failed so desperately in the coder's forum, you had no idea even what you wanted to code, let alone have the decency to listen to the people who tried to help you.

Sorry to say, but you, sir, are nothing but a joke

Regards,

Ian
So what happens exactly when we 'steal' these cars ?
Do we get a chase from the rozzers ?
I suggest putting the word "cruise" in the swear filter, so when someone says "cruise" it translates into C***e, or C##@"...
#21 - mr_x

Quote from Rooble :Let me know when you do, Ill get a few other lads together and we will do a proper job!

Gone in 60 seconds can't touch this!

Quote from Riders Motion :What's the point of cruise servers?

There aren't any point in cruise servers...

Quote from The Moose :Yup, Now I'm tempted to try cruising, just so i can steal cars and piss off cruisers.

Watch your vehicles closely ladies...you might be about to loose them..

Quote from banshee56 :Three out of the last four posts were exactly what I was thinking....now I have a reason to go on cruise servers.

It's posts like these which are WHY this community has gone downhill rapidly lately.

Let him do what he pleases, I cruise sometimes just to have a bit of a relax, or to fill in a bit of time when I can't be arsed to race (which in all fairness on LFS is pretty much all the time right now as it's boring!).

He put a thread up hoping some people might understand the concept a bit more. But I think most people do understand it here anyway, so maybe he was a bit naive to put the thread up in the first place.

You 'regular' posters complain when people are trolling threads, have a look at yourselves and see what you're doing.

If you don't like the thread, simply DON'T POST IN IT.
Quote from mr_x :It's posts like these which are WHY this community has gone downhill rapidly lately.

Let him do what he pleases, I cruise sometimes just to have a bit of a relax, or to fill in a bit of time when I can't be arsed to race (which in all fairness on LFS is pretty much all the time right now as it's boring!).

He put a thread up hoping some people might understand the concept a bit more. But I think most people do understand it here anyway, so maybe he was a bit naive to put the thread up in the first place.

You 'regular' posters complain when people are trolling threads, have a look at yourselves and see what you're doing.

If you don't like the thread, simply DON'T POST IN IT.

No it isn't, with the exception of RidersMotion the other posts you mentioned are perfectly legit and harmless, I'm sure Owen wasn't offended at all by any of them, in fact I'm guessing he's probably quite keen on seeing a few more forum faces show up on his cruise server.

Besides his concept of a cruise server is pretty daft, popularity, wealth?
Quote from mr_x :It's posts like these which are WHY this community has gone downhill rapidly lately..........

When did you get a sense of humour removal? Chill out.

The community is only going downhill when people start complaining about a completely non offensive thread.

Harmless fun never hurt anyone.
A few of us at Halfords have gone cruising when we were bored before. We had a blast being chased by the cops

And the cops were tickled pink when three of them caught me
You should have heared them( "We caught a Halfords guyWOOT WOOT") I think it made their day.

We thought the idea behind having cops was to put them too work?
If everyone followed the rules you wouldn;t need cops! Right?

Anyway Mr.X CHILL!!!

Once And ForALL !
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG