The online racing simulator
NART 1967 Le Mans 412p Conspiracy
(13 posts, started )
(posted this in RSC, might as well post here to see if anyone here knows the answer)

so im modeling in 3d the NART 412p #25 Le Mans race car in 1967

(just if your curious as to what it is, here are some pictures of my model:
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...4/ed6c797c.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...4/f15c55be.jpg)

after doing a TON of research on this car.. i have come up with nothing, the only information i have come upon is that for the 1967 Le Mans race, Ferrari sold NART 4 polished 330 P3's (with specs of P4's) dubbed 412p's, but with different engines

here is all that i have found on this proof:
Quote :Another two unfinished 330 P3s were built up to P4 specifications and christened "412 P". All four of these cars were sold to Ferrari's privateer teams - to back up the factory's own P4 effort - (NART, Filipinetti, Francorchamps and Maranello Dealers).

so my question is.. does this car really exist?
if so, why are there no pictures of its existance, yet so many models of this car?
i mean, search google for 412p and all you will come up with is pictures of models like this: http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jm.charassie...grand/nart.jpg

so does anyone know if this car actually exists?
because surely it was never raced at all
i also read in answers.com that mario andretti raced for NART (dont know what years, but hes an old man.. i believe he raced during 1967) lol anyone have any contact with him

anyways, any ideas?
or is this whole white styled #25 NART 412p a myth?
Sorry, I don't know anything about the car, but the model looks awesome.
All I know from this is that NART is North American Racing Team which is only North American drivers that participated in huge racing events to promote Ferrari in America...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NART

And from what I understand is... NART never competed, the #25 car was switched over to two Pedro Rodriguez (MEX) and Giancarlo Baghetti (ITA). Maybe It counted NART because of the Mexican driver?

I dunno Maybe the #25 NART car was a prototype but it never raced for NART.

Wierd... found this too:

Quote :There were 4 P3s built for the 1966 season

Originally works cars, these were later converted to P4 specs for the 67 season & sold to favored entrants with close links to the factory

These were: 0844 (NART USA), 0848 (Scuderia Filipinetti CH), 0850 (Ecurie Francorchamps B) & 0854 (Maranello Concessionaires GB)

These converted cars are P3/P4s otherwise known as 412P

As for photos of the #25, can't find them anywhere....
woa woa.. the 0844?
isnt that the 'lost' car?
i was reading wikipedia about 0844 and the whole mess with the body.. need to go read that over
Nice model. How much work did you put into it overall?
And now you'd better find a way of putting it into LFS. Oh well, I used a forbidden word, this is the off topic forum

<offtopic>
@Tweak: I'm sorry to hijack this thread as I just saw you posting here... but don't you read your forum PM's, E-Mails and ICQ messages anymore?
</offtopic>
lol he was talking to me the whole time after i posted this and asked him about it

as for the model, i started it in october something and stopped in november something, the modeling isnt completely done, i still have some suspension that i have to work on which remains.. but overall im pleased with it for being one of my first models
as for going into LFS.. lol.. ya right hahah to many polys, and not enough on the body, the whole thing would have to be redone to be put into a game
Quote from XCNuse :lol he was talking to me the whole time after i posted this and asked him about it

as for the model, i started it in october something and stopped in november something, the modeling isnt completely done, i still have some suspension that i have to work on which remains.. but overall im pleased with it for being one of my first models
as for going into LFS.. lol.. ya right hahah to many polys, and not enough on the body, the whole thing would have to be redone to be put into a game

Not when S3 is finnished and you will be allowed to add ur cars. Then we have computers that can handle cars with a million polys...

PLAYLIFE jumps behind the sofa.

:hidesbehi
If you have any questions on classic sportscars www.ten-tenths.com is the forum you need to use, there are people on that board who have been visiting Le Mans for decades, along with team personnel and plenty of folk who just know racing history inside and out. Even the most obscure questions seem to get answered quickly.
awesome thanks worldfamous
oh wow, now someone from SMCars came up with some important information:
Quote from swbogart :In fact there´s never been a car called P4/412P...BUT...P3/412P...and the NART car is a P3/412P serial number 0844.

Ferrari built #0844 as a P3...later updated to a P3/412P (NART).
Ferrari built #0846 as a P3...later updated to a P3/4...(burned at Le Mans 1967).
Ferrari built #0848 as a P3...later updated to a P3/412P...for Filipinetti.

Ferrari built #0850 as a 412P
Ferrari built #0854 as a 412P

Ferrari built #0856...#0858 and #0860 as P4 :s

now... okay he found some very very good pictures of the #25 NART car.. BUT.. i have just noticed something very very very suspicious.. the #25 NART car is a P3.. my model is a P4 (but has the same livery as the NART P3)

so now the question remains.. was there even a 330 P4 NART car?
omg .. i just fell on my face once again.. i just found pictures of a real P4.. and this model is.. reeeealy not right
owell.. im gonna do this anyway lol

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG