The online racing simulator
Demonoid
(33 posts, started )
Demonoid
Today's a sad day. Demonoid has gone offline.

Quote from Demonoid.com :The CRIA threatened the company renting the servers to us, and because of this it is not possible to keep the site online. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your understanding.

Update : It looks like it's down for good, according to this article.
Very sad.

This was a great site, RIP Demonoid!
I doubt Demonoid is down for good. They always pull through, like The Pirate Bay. I hope they arn't down for long though.
If TPB had any balls, they'd go "Avast yee mateys, Demonoid is now our Plunder! Shiver me timbers!"
They are always going down because of stupid copyright laws >_<

They will be back sooon!!

The Demon in Demonoid will fight back!
Sorry for asking stupid, but what kind of site was Demonoid?
Sounds like a torrent site, but I have not idea really
It is/was/is going to be when it comes back a torrent site. But not any torrent site...the BEST torrent site

Wiki Link

Quote :According to an unofficial statement from the CRIA, they have "taken steps to ensure that Demonoid will never return" to the internet.

Ahh, ok thanks.
Shame it got closed down then
Quote from The General Lee :It is/was/is going to be when it comes back a torrent site. But not any torrent site...the BEST torrent site

Wiki Link

It might not return as demonoid,but it will return.
Eh, I'm not that well aware of the bittorrent technical side but does this mean that all the files linked from Demonoid to other trackers, like mininova, are now fubar?
The Demonoid trackers are still running as normal.Trackers basically connect you to the peers that also have the file. The website is down though so that means you now can't obtain any .torrent files hosted on Demonoid.
Lol, figures. I just discovered it two days ago and got a code from a friend. Was at 86% of a 12 Gb torrent and now it's not working...
The CRIA is as bad as the RIAA now... Must be a bunch of Americans running the show these days.

I hear they've replaced all their lawyers with people who can only reply with inane notes about writing letters...

Holy crap, I didn't even read Maggots signature, it just popped into my head to recycle a tristycliffe moment...
Yes, I got an email too
Well, now we'll just have to wait until the torrents (peers) get back to normal, only the most popular stuff uploaded there right now, which I have anyway.
Quote from Lible :Well, now we'll just have to wait until the torrents (peers) get back to normal, only the most popular stuff uploaded there right now, which I have anyway.

Naughty naughty

I only use it legally
Well, I use it to get stuff I can't get properly legally. The idea of letting them mail something here for the price of more than ten meals doesn't appeal to me.
I knew it!
Never removed it from my bookmarks

Even though it's about the worst torrent tracker I use, it's stil precious and unreplaceeableaeaable(sp)
Yeah - I'm glad it's come back - considering I'd only been signed up for about 20 hours before it went down, lol.
I thought I'd miss it more than I did, I have since found new places to fullfill my torrent needs, still, it's good to see demonoid back
Anyone wanna invite me? Will lub you long time
Aye, I can sling you an invite.........once the site comes back up

Demonoid
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG