The online racing simulator
Reverting back to V
(9 posts, started )
Reverting back to V
Hello all, i haven't played LFS since last september, just played again for the past couple of nights, really disappointed that the tyre wear has been changed.

Is it possible that i can revert back to V version with out the autoupdate kicking in?
Not sure why you'd want to, or if there's anyone playing V servers, but AFAIK you can just use a V installation and click cancel to any auto-update messages...
there are v servers look
Attached images
looooool.jpg
if there were only players... :chairs:
The tyre wear wasn't really changed much. Just use the next compound up and it's barely noticeable.

But if you like being restricted to 6 servers with no one in them (see Luke's attachment) then go ahead, but you'll be missing out, and then you'll be slow when you catch up as everyone will have got used to the change. Or do you plan to stick with V forever, even 5 patches down the line?
Kewl, didn't realise i'd be able to use patch V.

With every LFS patch i'm normally fine with, but the tyre wear with Y is completely different it wears very quickly and the tyre grip has been reduced. i'll try new updates as they come out. but not a fan of Y.

Thanks.
Well if you really absolutely positively have to avoid Y, then why not use patch X? It has the old tyre wear, and there's plenty of dorifto XRT action on demo servers
Quote from danworth :Kewl, didn't realise i'd be able to use patch V.

With every LFS patch i'm normally fine with, but the tyre wear with Y is completely different it wears very quickly and the tyre grip has been reduced. i'll try new updates as they come out. but not a fan of Y.

Thanks.

As has been said, if you used to use R2s, use R3s. No huge difference, really, except that they heat and cool slightly differently. Makes the lowest compounds useful as what they're actually supposed to be: qualifying tires.
Rather than risking isolation, you could try to adapt. As an alternative to changing the tyre compound, you may investigate changes to your setups to help you get to grips with it.

Reverting back to V
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG