Quote from JeffR : The steering "wheel" isn't even a wheel, paddle shifters aren't an issue because they weren't used in 2002 when the cars used fully automatic transmissions.

I never knew about this, automatic gears on an f1 car dont sound that practical. Can someone tell me more about this?
Just repeating what others have said, but you do need a 900 deg. wheel to get the most out of LFS. Whether you want to do that, is up to you.
Once you got used to 900° (actually 720°) you will not want to use anything lower again, cause it just feels so wrong
Well I decided to get the G5 based on these comments, not for the 900 degrees but for the feel.

Thanks for the info guys.
I cant drive with high lock in my DFP. The wheel is very resistant to fast rotation and not realistic at all
But the 900º gives you a wide freedom of choice in lock angles
That's one of the main things that is corrected in the G25.
Quote from Dannz :I never knew about this, automatic gears on an f1 car dont sound that practical. Can someone tell me more about this?

They only did this for 1 or 2 seasons. The transmissions are computer controlled anyway, so rather than have a driver to push a button or pull a paddle to shift, the computer was programmed to decide when to shift. Regardless of the source of the shift (computer or paddle shifter), the commputer controls the throttle (actually fuel injection cycles), clutch, and the actual shifting in a F1, GT1, and other types of race cars.
I get much the same laptimes with my G25 as I used to get with a PS3 controller...but I have much more fun in the process, it feels better, it's more realistic, and I don't develop RSI
I found 900 hard, and 720 so much easyier.
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :I found 900 hard, and 720 so much easyier.

+1

I don't even use 900 anymore unless I'm in a cruise server. (Haven't joined one for like 6 months O_O)
I use 720 for chasing, and 900 for running

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG