The online racing simulator
Not there to Sign for Royal Mail delivery
(22 posts, closed, started )
Hello, i was just wondering what happens with my mail, as i purchased a small bit of paper with something on it, it can be posted through my letterbox, but its actually been sent as Recorded Delivery. I'm not there to sign it, so what will happen will it. REMINDER: It is able to fit through my letter box.
Thanks
Quote from harjun :Hello, i was just wondering what happens with my mail, as i purchased a small bit of paper with something on it, it can be posted through my letterbox, but its actually been sent as Recorded Delivery. I'm not there to sign it, so what will happen will it. REMINDER: It is able to fit through my letter box.
Thanks

If you don't sign for it they will post a slip for through the door saying you need to collect it from your nearest Royal Mail depot after 24 hours of getting the slip.

Sometimes they try again the next day but it's not guaranteed.
Quote from beefyman666 :If you don't sign for it they will post a slip for through the door saying you need to collect it from your nearest Royal Mail depot after 24 hours of getting the slip.

Sometimes they try again the next day but it's not guaranteed.

they dont send it to my nearest post office?
#4 - garph
Like the other poster said, it will go back to the nearest depot.

They will put a little slip through the letter box saying they missed you and you can either collect it from the depot (after a specified time) arrange for another delivery or arrange for it to delivered to your nearest post office where you can collect it.

I know cause I've missed them twice.
Quote from garph :Like the other poster said, it will go back to the nearest depot.

They will put a little slip through the letter box saying they missed you and you can either collect it from the depot (after a specified time) arrange for another delivery or arrange for it to delivered to your nearest post office where you can collect it.

I know cause I've missed them twice.

ok, so you sure that you can arrange for it to be posted to your nearest post office?
#6 - Jakg
After 7 days they will return to sender.

It's not uheard of for RM to "forget" to give you the card saying "you missed a special delivery..."

I've got to take my GF down to the depot after no-one was in to sign for her first online purchase (and after this, the last!)>
#7 - J@tko
And the award for the most off-topic thread in the off-topic section goes to.....

Isn't there an option to drop it off at a neighbours or something?

Or is that something else?
Quote from J@tko :And the award for the most off-topic thread in the off-topic section goes to.....

Isn't there an option to drop it off at a neighbours or something?

Or is that something else?

If it doesn't need signing for then sometimes they'll leave it in back garden, or leave it with neighbours, or somewhere safe.

If they do that they will also drop a slip through the door saying where they left it .
Quote from Jakg :After 7 days they will return to sender.

I though it was 3 weeks? Or is that just for things that don't need a signature, but just won't fit through your letterbox?
Quote from Crashgate3 :I though it was 3 weeks? Or is that just for things that don't need a signature, but just won't fit through your letterbox?

They'd lose it before 3 weeks! AFAIK it says 7 days on the little slip they post through the door.
#11 - SamH
Quote from harjun :ok, so you sure that you can arrange for it to be posted to your nearest post office?

Why don't you read the information on the slip they posted through the door? It's all there.
A quick tip: Never ever use Royal Mail for anything you don't have to. Use a proper courier like UPS/CityLink/DHL. I've had two bad experiences with the Royal Mail stealing stuff I've ordered (DVD) and returned (brake pads for a Fiesta???) and in neither case did I get my money back.

With the other couriers, I've always been able to track my parcels and I feel secure knowing it's actually going to arrive.
Quote from TiJay :With the other couriers, I've always been able to track my parcels and I feel secure knowing it's actually going to arrive.

Royal Mail isn't a courier in the same sense as Citylink/UPS/etc. It's a postal service with a universal service obligation. Couriers are better for larger or heavier items, but a recorded delivery jiffy bag is way cheaper with Royal Mail.
Granted, I have no experience with what goes on over on your side, but UPS does the same thing. They list a phone number on the slip that you can call. One of their options is to schedule a pick up at the depot. I have done this a couple times over the past few months. Perhaps RM has a similar setup?
when my dad missed something with royal mail we just had to go to the local depo to collect it and just show his driver license and the card they left.
They send it to whereever they want to, generally their own pockets. Good luck at ever getting anything back if you didn't manage to sign for it the first time.

I think I've expressed my disgust for Royal Mail here before, I wont go into it again...
Quote from SamH :Why don't you read the information on the slip they posted through the door? It's all there.

Err maybe because im talking about the future tense, if you dont know what that means go on google, i'm just preparing myself because theres a postal cheque of a large sum of money coming through my letterbox, and i'd rather it didnt get "lost".

Just fround out my brothers hopefully going to be there to sign it, now as the postal order is unnamed, i'll just have to persuade him not to open the letter.

Thanks anyway guys, atleast i know not to get signed for stuff from royal mail
It was 1st class, whether that makes a difference or not lol.
Quote from harjun :Err maybe because im talking about the future tense, if you dont know what that means go on google..

You are really not in a position to say things like that, you could have found all this via google yourself or even better, gone to the royal mail website and if it's really concerning you (because it's money) you could have just called the post office and asked.
Quote from harjun :Err maybe because im talking about the future tense, if you dont know what that means go on google, i'm just preparing myself because theres a postal cheque of a large sum of money coming through my letterbox, and i'd rather it didnt get "lost".

I lol'd.
I normally leave a note on the door saying "Please deliver to my next door neighbour" and give details. Though the postman actually wrote on one of my packages that he'd signed it himself for me, which I thought was a pretty cool thing to do.
Quote from garph :You are really not in a position to say things like that, you could have found all this via google yourself or even better, gone to the royal mail website and if it's really concerning you (because it's money) you could have just called the post office and asked.

no, you just shut up ok...you think i'd waste my time bloody posting on hear, expective to get dumbass replies from thickheads like you who waste their time, huh? And then you have the bloody nerve to make cheeky comments like that in my thread, now just get lost and go spend some more on your beloved LFS sim game.
#22 - SamH
That's quite enough of that, I think. Better close this thread before you get even more annoying, Harjun. That attitude of yours is always bubbling under the surface and fighting to break out, isn't it. You have your answers, be on your way.
This thread is closed

(22 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG