The online racing simulator
I Got 1:13:88!!!
(36 posts, started )
Sorry, I just had to!

I've been practicing for so long until I switched to a setup. I became so frustrated because I knew that setup had potential but I my laptimes were even worse.

Finally, I decided to lower the braking force, and I was able to corner so much smoother, until I finally got

24:05
53:70
1:13:88!!
great!, now try a 12
#3 - aoun
Ah, what track? What car?

Ah demo racer.

Blackwood. FBM looking at the WR.

Not bad mate, i havent tried before, but i doubt i can even get a 13 .

*Runs off trying*
Demo Racer dude , Blackwood with the FBM
What's the point of this thread?Imagine if everyone would post a new thread for every new lap record they do.
I'd try and see what kinda times I can do, but I'd either fall asleep or get bored and walk away whilst travelling down the backstraight.
Would this mean people's pizzas now arrive slightly hotter?
Quote from dontsimon :Would this mean people's pizzas now arrive slightly hotter?

:clapclap:

Anyway, now fork out for the full version you skinflint !!
Quote from pizza_delivery :I decided to lower the braking force, and I was able to corner so much smoother

If you want to get even faster, I think you should get back on more brake force and use different braking technique.
While braking blip, or apply about 10% throttle whole time.
(Check WR, or my HL)

Nice time anyways

P.S. Look at Mo1, damn Ks demo driver drove 1:12.73, but I remember him from XRT demo days xD
I looked at some of the top times on the demo maps, and apparantly, some got got 1:09x

is this even possible???
Quote from pizza_delivery :I looked at some of the top times on the demo maps, and apparantly, some got got 1:09x

is this even possible???

No, they probably cutted.

The WR is 1:12.44.
its hard to cut with FBM. they probably cheated.
Quote from N I K I :If you want to get even faster, I think you should get back on more brake force and use different braking technique.
While braking blip, or apply about 10% throttle whole time.
(Check WR, or my HL)

Nice time anyways

P.S. Look at Mo1, damn Ks demo driver drove 1:12.73, but I remember him from XRT demo days xD

You could run around the track with your foot on the throttle all the time, OR you could increase your diff's a little, which is usually why people use part throttle to keep the differential from unloading, and run slightly more brake bias to the front so you can drive like a normal driver. Hopefully when brake fade is introduced this will prevent people from riding the throttle...

You could get a faster time by increasing the braking force, just remember to let off the brakes more before a turn-in to prevent a lockup and get good at blipping the throttle on downshift.
by blipping the throttle, do you mean like heel toe?

I tried doing this to avoid lockup on the wheels upon braking, but i can't blip the throttle at all.

keeping in mind that I am using mouse.
very nice lap beats mine with one second(mine pb is 1.14.86)
Quote from pizza_delivery :by blipping the throttle, do you mean like heel toe?

I tried doing this to avoid lockup on the wheels upon braking, but i can't blip the throttle at all.

What a shame. You've been around since 2003 and you still haven't paid those mere 48$ CDN. You must either be dead cheap or retarded.
Well, my PB is 1:19
I have problems in the chicane. If I try to cut too much, I get spinned. If I don't cut, I come to the chicane too fast and rear end is sliding a little bit.

Meaning: Need more practice.
Quote from Gekkibi :Well, my PB is 1:19
I have problems in the chicane. If I try to cut too much, I get spinned. If I don't cut, I come to the chicane too fast and rear end is sliding a little bit.

Meaning: Need more practice.

just cut it over the cerbs. dont press so much gas over those and dont press the gas to the top if you are over the cerb. after your all tires have gone over it just press the gas button/pedal to the end. the last curb in it doesnt need any slowing. thats how i work it out. of course it always dont work but i go it like that.
Quote from batteryy :just cut it over the cerbs. dont press so much gas over those and dont press the gas to the top if you are over the cerb. after your all tires have gone over it just press the gas button/pedal to the end. the last curb in it doesnt need any slowing. thats how i work it out. of course it always dont work but i go it like that.

It doesn't matter if I have throttle or not, I have problems doing the middlemost turn in chicane. If I cut even tiny amount, I will be spinned.

Maybe I should tweak my setup. However, don't have a clue what should I change there. Probably I should try ride-height...
(or learn how to drive)
Quote from pizza_delivery :by blipping the throttle, do you mean like heel toe?

I takes practice to get the timing just right =) A mouse is a bit different because you can reach 100% braking all the time. I would sugjest buying a cheap FFB wheel, IIRC you can get them for $50 now.
Quote from Christopher Raemisch :I takes practice to get the timing just right =) A mouse is a bit different because you can reach 100% braking all the time. I would sugjest buying a cheap FFB wheel, IIRC you can get them for $50 now.

i have FFEX. its cheap(in finland it were something about 70e) and it feels good in hands
Quote from Gekkibi :It doesn't matter if I have throttle or not, I have problems doing the middlemost turn in chicane. If I cut even tiny amount, I will be spinned.

Maybe I should tweak my setup. However, don't have a clue what should I change there. Probably I should try ride-height...
(or learn how to drive)

Take a big cut on the middle part of the chicane (so your left tyres are on the striped kerb not the concrete part!) and keep 75% throttle, then full gas straight away over the final part of the chicane then all the way down the straight to the R-hander.
Quote from HVS5b :Take a big cut on the middle part of the chicane (so your lest tyres are on the striped kerb not the concrete part!) and kep 75% throttle, then full gas straight away over the final part of the chicane then all the way down the straight to the R-hander.

Tested it and it worked! Thank you very much!
So, I didn't cut enough, that made me spin. Maybe now I can do (much) better lap-times.
Dont brake in t1 too hard or/and use some gas (5-15%) at s turn go full gas but move wheel a bit (side to side few degree) after straight before 2nd turn dont brake ,but lift off and turn lower gear it is a lot faster and lift off (not brake) before last time or just watch wr or fast racer replay. Practise makes perfect im sure you know

(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG