The online racing simulator
making server and connecting with friends problem
hi, i'm relatively new.
and a couple of days ago my friend was trying to connect to a server i had set up but couldn't and neither could he find it on the "display list of hosts" screen either.
Does anyone know what the problem is?
Thanks
Guide: Running a LFS Server. If you get stuck or dont understand something, let us know and we can try and point you in the right direction.
can u explain the difference between dedicated servers and the other ones and their advantages when playing with a friend cos its a bit 2 complicated and i dont really get it
A dedicated server is usually used when hosting for a long time. Its a small lightweight client, That just hosts, and thats it.

"The other ones" as you say, Are LFS Full client hosting. Thats where you host a server from the acutal game, And can participate in the race as the host. Basically, if you are only hosting short little busts use full LFS. If the server will be on 24/7, use a dedicated server.
thanks, can u think of any reason that i wouldn't be able to connect with my friend on a non dedicated server?
Quote from IcePheonix95 :thanks, can u think of any reason that i wouldn't be able to connect with my friend on a non dedicated server?

Do you have any error messages? Like - Messages saying they timed out?
maybe y?
ok

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG