The online racing simulator
How about we have some Drifting tournaments?
Hey ppl! I've been thinking about this for a while. Why don't we hold some drifting tournaments. We can have something like 3 judges, but some proper judges IMO.
Have a look in the leagues section. I'm sure I've seen drift leagues in there.
How about NOT having drifting events.
I hear footsteps.... OMG It's a giant Tristan, RUN RUN RUN

edit: I should add something contructive to the thread also I guess:

Whilst I myself am not a drifter, neither by desire nor by ability, I respect the skill involved with the "better" drifters. However I don't think there's enough interest in this facet of (ab)using LFS, but maybe I am wrong.

Meh.
#5 - (SaM)
Oh there are plenty of drifting events and competitions. I recently organized a succesful drifting grand prix with 32 competitors. The reason there seem to be very little is because they rarely get posted here. Most of the drifters post at www.lfs-torque.net
Right now the ADA Competition is in full progress.
Possibly another reason for not many organized drifting events is because too many people can't respect that some people like to drift and not just race all the time. The majority seems to look down on drifters.

Quote :How about NOT having drifting events.

Completely useless and disrespectful post. The title mentions drifting, which is apparently something you don't like, so simply don't visit the thread. :-)

Quote :(ab)using LFS

How is drifting abusing LFS? It's suppose to simulate real life vehicles on a track and drifting is real.

I don't have the skill yet to be any good at drifting, but I enjoy the drift movies and the drift tournaments sound like a good idea to me. Would be entertaining to watch
I really don't understand why people are so hostile towards drifting anyway. It takes just as much skill as any other type of motor racing, it seems that just because its not shown every day on ESPN/Sky Sports/Eurosport/Any sports TV channel that its not a "real sport".

I say to those people, if you don't like it, at least give a reason for critisising it, instead of posting rubbish such as "How about NOT having drifting events."

Anyway, yes, I myself would also love to see about getting a kind of "beginner" drifting event organised, as I have only been playing LFS for a short while!
Alright alright!

GARY, sweet avatar, you're a man of splendid taste I can tell!

And I'm not hostile towards drifting, I know it's interesting to watch sometimes. And it's not "abusing" LFS, that was meant to be a little inside humor I suppose. I probably didn't indicate it well enough on my post, but the intimation of what I wrote was intended to be jovial, not aggressive

Although I am a bit put out because where I live, about 5 of the handful of servers I have to choose from most of the time when I can race are DRIFT servers
Cheers BALL BEARING TURBO, well, I was raised on the stuff!

And don't get me wrong lad, I understood your humour in your post, I'm Irish remember lol. But I just see a lot on this forum people who are posting in drifting topics who are solely posting to piss off drifters. You at least said you respect the sport!

I have had the pleasure of attending some real life drift events over the past year or so, and have enjoyed watching the amateurs drift more than watching Formula 1, to be honest.

How about getting a drift team started out, and you can be taught BALL BEARING TURBO :P.
Quote from GaryArm :But I just see a lot on this forum people who are posting in drifting topics who are solely posting to piss off drifters. You at least said you respect the sport!

GaryArm, you can't really blame those people though. If you've been in LFS or this forum long enough. You'd noticed that almost half of the idiotic or bad threads/replies are posted by people that called themselves 'drifters', and yeah they like to brag about it, a lot.

These so called 'drifters' seem to have bad spelling, and they like to type in the 1337 way, and of course, they're rude and impolite, and they don't seem to be very bright/smart either. Look around the forum and you'll get what I mean, I wouldn't be surprise that the rest of the forumers are being so hostile toward drifters or any drift-related topics.

If you're really into LFS drifting and you want to meet some good people (or team), do come to www.lfs-torque.net, that's where you get to have some good/quality discussions about drifting and there's many great people there, most of the old LFS drift drivers hang around there. Do drop by and say hi.
Thanks for that StanleyCarter, I have registered on that site and will check it out in more detail!

And yes, i suppose you're right, there is a lot of immature people who have watched too much Initial D, and think they are Ken Nomura, who post in topics who are asking to be flamed!!

Another quick thing, I bloody hate "txt spk" and "1337 speak". For Christ's sake, you're given a full QWERTY keyboard for a feckin' reason!!
i've maybee got a suggestion on how we could have a more 'community involved' sort of drifting competion. If you were to set up a server, set for 3-5 minute qualify, and have all competitors (evenly spaced) drifing at once, capturing all the action in one short-ish replay.

Take that replay and post it here in the forums with a poll attached with each of the drivers listed, give it a week and anounce a winner.

Although the competition is open to cheating (over voting etc) it should on a whole be viewed as a freindly kind of event, and one the whole community can take part in

BTW I'm not actually a drifter of any sort (well maybe just a little) but It IS cool.
Quote from SoloNijN :How about NOT having drifting events.

And what is your conclusion based on?
Quote from SoloNijN :How about NOT having drifting events.

How about letting others organise and/or participate in whatever events they want to? I'm sure they would grant the same to you.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG