The online racing simulator
Over 30s Club
(181 posts, started )
Quote from tiltman :
- Wife aquired a long time ago, we're in harmony

Your not going to be in harmony for long if you've taken up serious gaming
44 here. The up side is you can afford to build stuff like this...............

That is a very nice set up mate, I am extremely jealous. Does the air conditioning work? lol. Did you rob the dash from a real car or can you buy such a thing.

Also your rig may be nice but your taste in beer sucks
Quote from AlienT. :Your not going to be in harmony for long if you've taken up serious gaming

Risky, i know...
But I might get grumpy if not allowed to have some fun (approx 15 hours/week) and thats not to good either. Besides, she has taken up her old "shopping and redecorating" hobby- so it's a tradeoff.
thats the secret then eldarado, i must say i have seen pics of your setup in different stages and i think it is one of the best around
Indeed, that's very nice. Clean too, I like that.

But it begs the question: clearly you have the resources for a 3 screen setup - what's the holdback?
I'm waiting for some smartarse to come along and say "this is blatant age willy waving". Seems that this seems to happen a lot...

Anyway, I want to join the club. I'm so jealous!

Hell no, I'm not really!
Just turned 29, so I'm *nearly* there.
Quote from Elderado :44 here. The up side is you can afford to build stuff like this...............

How much quicker did it make you?
I can't remember how old I am, but I know I'm over 35. Good to see there are other grumpy old men around here.
Very nice Elder, I think the dash is new since I last saw it. Looks fantastic.
Great! Good to see I'm not alone!

Just think - in another 20 years we'll all be on GPL!!!

How about an over 30s league then?
Quote from AlienT. : Does the air conditioning work? lol. Did you rob the dash from a real car or can you buy such a thing.

Bought it in a scrap yard. Came from a Honda Accord.

Quote from james12s :thats the secret then eldarado, i must say i have seen pics of your setup in different stages and i think it is one of the best around

thank you very much.

Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Indeed, that's very nice. Clean too, I like that.

But it begs the question: clearly you have the resources for a 3 screen setup - what's the holdback?

Question of space plus i'm not a big fan of the 3 split screens.

Quote from thisnameistaken :How much quicker did it make you?

Absolutely none, but it gets 6 beers to the sim hour

Quote from mrodgers :Very nice Elder, I think the dash is new since I last saw it. Looks fantastic.

Thanks again.
Quote from thisnameistaken :How much quicker did it make you?

Really, who cares...

Elderado, this is a fantastic rig. It's inspiring to see a setup like this... gives me ideas....
37 like Coulthard, oldest guy in F1

All you boys on this thread !!!

I'm 62.... top most used three games on my computer currently...

LFS
Doom 3
Battlefield 2

... mind you, 4th would have to be Solitaire :dopey::ambulance!!
Getting there, alas.
Well ...... I'm feeling younger after reading this thread ...... 41 in July !!
Quote from Dajmin :I'm 27, can I get early membership? I hate all the squeaky little annoying kids talking crap in any games I play. Might as well get it over with now

I'm 24, but I tend to race older geezers too, gives me a better chance

Don't think I want membership quite yet....I'll just have fun racing y'all!
You guys are even older than my uncle which also plays LFS (24)

I'm 17... Loooong way to goooo....
Quote from Takumi_lfs :You guys are even older than my uncle which also plays LFS (24)

I'm 17... Loooong way to goooo....

Yeah, yeah don't rub it in
Quote from Takumi_lfs :I'm 17... Loooong way to goooo....

That's what you think

Suddenly you open your eyes one morning and your 37, wondering where the hell those last 20 years went.
I might be (one of) the oldest on here, but I'm training an up and coming star, Harry my grandson...

Quote from Karoti :I might be (one of) the oldest on here, but I'm training an up and coming star, Harry my grandson...

Awesome pictures! Nice to see the recruiting going strong. Hope to see you both on the track some day.

Over 30s Club
(181 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG