The online racing simulator
#1 - J@tko
Round 9 Post-Race Discussion and Results
So, the winner of the LFSBC Festival was......

Well, it was me

Oh Dear.

Ummmm. I don't know what to say!

I'm glad you all enjoyed the secret combo.

[DR] Server 1 will be set to a different track each day if you want another go.

Various Things Attached.

So, what was it like for you?
Attached images
Race 1 results.JPG
Race 5 Results.JPG
Champ Res.JPG
Attached files
Race 1.mpr - 1.1 MB - 261 views
Race 2.mpr - 943.9 KB - 275 views
Race 3.mpr - 1.4 MB - 279 views
rACE 4.mpr - 1.2 MB - 274 views
Race 5.mpr - 1.3 MB - 253 views
Do you have the replay of the Photoshoot? Or is that 'Race 5'?

Could all award winners please post a hi-res version of the skin they used in the photoshoot.
#3 - J@tko
Quote from JO53PHS :Do you have the replay of the Photoshoot? Or is that 'Race 5'?

Could all award winners please post a hi-res version of the skin they used in the photoshoot.

We didn't have a photoshoot

I couldn't save the replay as I already had saved it before.

We'll have to do this in the week.
#5 - TG44
Yea i'll post mine when we get closer to the photoshoot

and yay! i was 3rd! I could have easily been 2nd too... but yea.. let's not take that up again.

I think the event was great.

I think we should have regular meetings like theese

and yea grats to Jack!
#6 - J@tko
And grats to you TG44 for winning the last race. I'd had 20 or so laps of practice on that combo on Saturday, got my own setup and everything - yet you still beat me!

Great pass aswell btw.

Can I have your opinions on the Baby-FBMs (and the track - I have plenty more like it!). I might have a round like that in the next LFSBC.

They're so good for beginner racing as they have far too much grip, but it can still be exeeded if your really on the limit. They're good for teaching you about racing and overtaking and such.
#7 - TG44
Thanks. I decided to pass you in that turn cos you were braking much earlier compared to me. i already though that the turn went wide when i passed you but then i saw you in my rear mirror and i was happy (I was using the default setup with 40% restriction and ten second gear tweaks.... so my second gear was shorter than the default first gear 1,2,3,4 were very short and then 5th gear was longer. :P I didn't expect me to win

and yea the combo is great!
Yea, baby fbm is really good! Not even once did I suffer from understeering which is always a problem with fbm (or actully it's the exessive oversteer you have to set your car up)

Hell, you could do the whole league with fbmb and au tracks It's just that great
#9 - TG44
Or maybe have a separate FBMB championship?
Quote from TG44 :Or maybe have a separate FBMB championship?

Do we really like it that much?

If so, then we'll sod the Endurance Evenings and replace it with this. Although, we'd need more AX tracks. I'm crap at making them and I don't want to nick them off LOTA or anyone else
#11 - TG44
I think i could help with making a couple of layouts...

As i have a few ideas and making layouts is better than just idling in fron of your pc doing nothing... (that's what i normally do on weekends...:schwitz
Quote from J@tko :Do we really like it that much?

If so, then we'll sod the Endurance Evenings and replace it with this. Although, we'd need more AX tracks. I'm crap at making them and I don't want to nick them off LOTA or anyone else

We've already 'sodded' one series, should we really 'sod' another?

I like the Baby FBM thingy and I would be willing to make a layout or two
Yes, we did like it that much

And I can help with designing the tracs too, if Joe does them all alone he'll probably fail at it
Quote from hyntty :Yes, we did like it that much

And I can help with designing the tracs too, if Joe does them all alone he'll probably fail at it

Making 'stuff' for LFS, whether it be skins, dds files or AutoX layouts, is one of the things I don't fail at, suprisingly

If this goes ahead, I want to make a layout with corners from different GP circuits
Quote from JO53PHS :
If this goes ahead, I want to make a layout with corners from different GP circuits

Can you do a variante della rogia - spa bus stop - spitzkehre combination?
OK, if we are all gonna start making layouts, then we need some 'guides'. The one we used yesterday was so simple (hairpin, chicane and fast last corner) and that's what makes the best tracks. I will get onto LOTA and ask if we can use some of their tracks (I have loads of them in my folder) and go from there. I'm going to [DR] Server 1 now - if you want to join me, we'll do some more of this
#17 - TG44
well no matter how the track looks like. one just HAS TO HAVE the hammerhead on it!

Round 9 Post-Race Discussion and Results
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG