The online racing simulator
Monitor support?
(7 posts, started )
#1 - Docco
Monitor support?
I've heard that LFS supports three monitors with your wing mirrors and either side of the car being on the monitors to the left and the right. But is it possible for LFS to support only two? In the same kind of style that Flight Simulator has one monitor in use that is entirely black but you can drag instruments etc on to? I think it'd be pretty useful to give me a more authentic feel of driving a car if i could drag some of the overlays you see on screen (tire wear etc) onto a second monitor. It's better than playing without them entirely.
Not possible with just LFS, but you could hook up some external software via outsim or outgauge to display data in realtime on the second monitor.

Alternatively, SoftTH can be configured to work with two screens, but you'll get the performance hit of using three. This does allow the center of the screen to stay in the middle of your main monitor though, rather than being at the plastic borders.
#3 - Docco
Righto, cheers.
I have problems using softth with two monitors. Yes, I searched and found out that I'll have to put semicolon in one line (; deviceIDLeft=auto)

Both of my monitors are working fine in vista (Desktop is stretched to both monitors), and when I identify monitors, my primary monitor is "1" and the one in right side is "2".

However, when I run LFS, it can't set ID to LEFT monitor, even I have put the semicolon. I have tried to put semicolon to deviceIDRight-line also. Does the same thing.

Any suggestions..?
Quote from Gekkibi :I have problems using softth with two monitors. Yes, I searched and found out that I'll have to put semicolon in one line (; deviceIDLeft=auto)

Both of my monitors are working fine in vista (Desktop is stretched to both monitors), and when I identify monitors, my primary monitor is "1" and the one in right side is "2".

However, when I run LFS, it can't set ID to LEFT monitor, even I have put the semicolon. I have tried to put semicolon to deviceIDRight-line also. Does the same thing.

Any suggestions..?

I'm having the same problem, i want to run on two monitors, a main monitor, and a monitor to the right, did you manage to fix it?
Tried to configure manually ID's. Now it allows me to start LFS (When I don't use semicolon), but when I change the resolution, it gives whole new error message "Cannot retrieve monitor infor for device 2 (right)". I even tried with version 1.06.

This starts to look that I bought completely useless pci-e gfx-card... Why didn't I bought that triplehead-box..?

Edit: Got it working in windowed mode. However, it is completely unusable that way (View is really distorted). I still have the same problem: When I change to new resolution, it gives an error message.

Monitor support?
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG