The online racing simulator
Rumors Of S3 (Are they true?)
(82 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Gnomie :That's an interesting angle. Maybe you're right!

Then what was S1?

I don't know where this discussion is going? It's not even certain there will come a S3.
lil duckschmuck has noize friendz
Quote from Not Sure :I hear these rumors on the internets..

I heard they've made the internets for computers now...........
Here's my take on things.

Why does everyone have to speculate on what S3 is or isn't gonna have? We all know it is coming but no-one, and i mean no-one knows what is going to be in it or when it is going to be released other than the devs.

So why try and spread rumours and ruffle each others feathers, coz you heard from a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend who supposedly knows Scawan, what is going to be in S3 or when it's going to be released.

I understand that everyone is getting excited at the prospect of S3 being released but how long did we wait for S2? If S3 is going to be as spectactular as everyone suspects then it will probably be a long wait before it is released.

What we have now is the best sim on the market and I'm sure the devs want to keep it that way. Plus the fact the you can play it on not so spectacular pc's which is something I'm sure the devs will keep.

Shoot me down for sounding negative but I look at as being patient and letting the sim run it's course and be improved in the time frame the devs want, not what the racers want.
Amen
The only fact (ie from the developers) that I have seen is from Victor during the resetting pb discussion for Patch Y. In that debate he mentioned that it would be a "relatively short season" for hotlaps. Now we can only infer from this whether that is a short season up to another major S2 physics update or whether S3 will turn up.

Doesn't really matter. I am having a blast in LFS as it is.
lol i always want to know what the "s" mean in s1/s2 ?
Quote from lfs-drift staff :lol i always want to know what the "s" mean in s1/s2 ?

The most logical answer would be "stage" but I don't think the devs have confirmed it anywhere.
Quote from zeugnimod :The most logical answer would be "stage" but I don't think the devs have confirmed it anywhere.

kk thx :P
Quote from The Radness :That is a horrible "idea". Have you played rFactor? Threse's a million and 1 horrible, worthless track/ cars. You can't find a race because everyone is using some different combination of cars/ tracks.

LFS has such good racing because it's minimal. It's about racing, not the most tracks/ cars. A few different cars in a few different classes that run competitively is all you need. I'd rather have great racing with one car/track combo, than off balance racing with 1,000 combos.

Sorry, this is way off topic, but this is pretty much a useless thread anyway.

The problem with rFactor is not that it has Cars and Mods, and Tracks. It's that the devs did not poke there heads out from the ground, and look around abit. They SHOULD of looked at Counter-Strike, they SHOULD of looked at the sv_downloadurl function within STEAM / Counter-Strike / Source. If they did that, they would realized that what they where doing was in fact not just stupid to a almost new level. But also going to hurt them in the long run.

So, I post here a fix for you all, for all of rFactors problems. Be a computer programmer, that actually thinks before he programs. Be a computer programer that sees what works, and uses that. I don't think the LFS Devs will make the same mistake the ISI crew did. I am willing to bet that there WILL be downloadable content in LFS S3, and I bet that it will not bother you to much to wait an extra 2 - 5 minutes connecting to a server to download that content. We all did it in a Server - Client relation ship in the CS 1.5 days. Now in the CS 1.6 / CS:S days we have a web server that provides these files much faster, giving you a Server -> WebServer (for Content Download Only) -> Client relation ship for a bit.
Április 1.
i found a leaked screen shot of s3 look.

mods this is my april fools gag

April fools.
Attached images
s3.jpg
Quote from Luke.S :i found a leaked screen shot of s3 look.

mods this is my april fools gag

you suck

+ your image processing skills sucks too
S3 will be out just after Duke Nukem Forever,

Cant wait to play it on a 9900000GTX @44080x25040 on my new Dell 195" Neural interface Monitor.

Lame jokes aside, when its done...
Quote from richo :S3 will be out just after Duke Nukem Forever,

Cant wait to play it on a 9900000GTX @44080x25040 on my new Dell 195" Neural interface Monitor.

Lame jokes aside, when its done...

roflessssssss =)

ps: Bob Whats is the best FoV for this resolution please????
#68 - 5haz
Hmmmm rain in s3, yes please

I reckon some time between the start of 2009 and end of 2010
I think these rumours aren't helped by some website running a google adwords campaign with the following ad:

"Want Live for Speed S3?
Download Live for Speed S3 PC Game Only $20/Yr! - Live for Speed S3 PC "

I've seen them appear on my main site, in particular my setups page - www.gentlefoot.com

Haven't clicked thru so not sure why they are saying this.

GF
Cmon peeps, the wind ups about s3 is stupid, no offense, but as long as it comes out whilst i am still into lfs (next 20 + years? :razz and it has features in it that i think was worth the wait

I am perfectly happy to wait the time

We shouldn't rush the developers, we should steer them in the right direction

hah, steer. my boring humour anyway...

I suppose i will just join the club of people who are telling the impatients to be impatient. but even then, i am impatient myself for s3 to come out, but its best to wait i geuss

Quote :S3 will be out just after Duke Nukem Forever,

Lame jokes aside, when its done..

Don't we all wish we were rich enough to be able to afford that? when i am old enough to have a job, i will try to get a gaming pc, but i will never be able to afford something like that - don't rub it in
#72 - aoun
#74 - aoun
Well dont cry now.
Don't worry nsane, he's just sad cos he got RICK ROLL'D!!
This thread is closed

Rumors Of S3 (Are they true?)
(82 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG