The online racing simulator
RFactor Drifting
(17 posts, started )
RFactor Drifting
http://media.putfile.com/rFactorDifting

I know this is off topic, but check this video out cause I'm just wondering what you guys think of it. I think it looks pretty damn close to life. I have tried on LFS and it's great, just wondered what other people thought.
#2 - JJ72
imo that looks very arcadish..the movement before the slide seems a bit too gentle for initiating a slide, and then the polar movement seems to settle all too easily
Yyyyyyw that game is ugly
#4 - (SaM)
That looks horrible, nothing like reality. The way the drifts are initiated looks wrong and the angles are too wide.
Now that's one fine speciment of the horrible arcade physics of rFactor (or any other GTR engine powered game for that matter).
#6 - (SaM)
Haha I think even GT4 looks better than that when it comes to drifting.
But it doesnt even come close to LFS or better, reality.
Is the car awd? I mean it can't be rwd, right? ...yes? Oh no...
wow, the graphics in that movie are HORRIBLE! the drifts look completely unreal...rfactor=arcade
If it really is awd drifting, it just shows how bad rF is in it. Here's my LFS drift (the first and last) replay. It just shows that drifting an awd car is just plain easy, if even I can do it (badly but still )

And this is all the drifing I'm planning to do this year

EDIT: I lied
Attached files
AWD_driftink.spr - 13.6 KB - 256 views
AWD drifting is also easy with an RC car, and damn loada fun on ice
Well, Im not really drifting (because I think it sucks), it's rather getting sideways in order to be faster
Quote from Hyperactive :Is the car awd? I mean it can't be rwd, right? ...yes? Oh no...

definately 4wd
you can reach angles like that in lfs with the 4wd cars too or even more ridiculous angles once the tyres are in the reds (either rb4 with wrc tweak/mechanik preset or fxr with slickmod and road normals) but unlike rfactor in lfs the cars wont just suddelny grip again and speed into the direction theyre pointed at (which of course looks very arcadish in the video)
#12 - Jakg
it justy doesnt look... right, it looks like it was rigged if that makes any sense (ie the car was forced to that angle, rather than the driver pushing it there)
Quote from theblackrabbi :http://media.putfile.com/rFactorDifting

I know this is off topic, but check this video out cause I'm just wondering what you guys think of it. I think it looks pretty damn close to life. I have tried on LFS and it's great, just wondered what other people thought.

LMAO! its like beating a deadhorse.
not even the transgender diplomatic rapping chimp would like that.
it looks like the cars are sliding at 90 degrees far too long, im not a drifter or experienced in these things but it looks like they are throwing the car 90 degrees at full speed and sliding sideways for too long, then when the wheels grip it accelerates too fast and when they put wheels of the cars on the grass/mud (on the track bit) they dont have trouble with it

the drifting ive seen on tv is never that fast its more controlled at a slower pace i didnt see one drift from a slow speed there, just throwing the car 90 and using sideways motion to brake and then wheel spin away?

pfft what do i know
Quote from Matrixi :Now that's one fine speciment of the horrible arcade physics of rFactor (or any other GTR engine powered game for that matter).

ISI engine.
I would have to disagree
The physics in Rfactor I believe are more real life then LFS is. People say that cars just don't straighten out like they do, but all I can say is we have been playing too much live for speed. When I drive my car and try to get it sideways, there is always a point where the car snaps back into place, or just keeps on spinning. Why doesn't live for speed have this effect? I was watching some dudes drifting video from lfs and I could say it looks way too easy, and the cars tires never catch a real edge like they do in Rfactor. I mean it's like driving on rain, and the cars just keep on sliding and sliding, and the only way to get them back the right way is to forcefully turn the wheel in some way to make it straighten out again....Dont you think that the cars should be able to correct themselves from all that rubber in contract with the street, or do you think they should just keep on sliding around till you make them stick again.

Is this confusing the way I'm saying it? I mean people just go off on Rfactor drifting, but when you look at the video from Rfactor, and then live for speed, and then a real life drifting video, you can really tell that Rfactor looks way more realistic. And then try drifting on Rfactor and it's impossible, not like the 2 first minutes on lfs when I did my first drift.

I hope in the next live for speed you can feel the effect of the cars catching the ground at some point, just like they do in real life.

Keep in mind I love live for speed, but rfactor just takes more work, and certainly isn't anything like live for speed.
#17 - Vain
Yes, LFS's tyres regain grip wrong. Normally tyres regain their grip very fast. In LFS they gain grip just like they loose it, gradually, which is wrong.

Vain

RFactor Drifting
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG