The online racing simulator
Making own pedals and handbrake
juokdarys
You can use a potentiometer or a variable resistor. But the question is how would you get Windows to recognize these pedals?
Quote from mxpxun :tu pats toks....

as g25 naudoju o tu kaima plius dar demo
Quote from mrminor28 :as g25 naudoju o tu kaima plius dar demo

ir ka tu tuom nori pasakyt , kad tu krutesnis ar bagotesnis ar labiau paikesnis tavo lygis? kad turi bagotus tevus ir tau jie perka viska ir $ belekiek duoda
Buy a cheap USB joypad with an analogue stick. Pull the pad apart, keeping everything connected and attach your pedal mechanism so when it moves, the stick moves. Once its all together, windows will still see it all as a pad, just leaving you to calibrate it and assign the 'analogue stick' to whatever you want in-game.
I've been thinking about this all day now and think I'm going to break out the lego when I get home and make one
Here we go - the pad is a PS2 pad through a USB adapter and I've just used an elastic band to hold it in place rather than pulling it apart. The mechanism works perfectly, although the whole thing needs strengthening a bit, and also fixing to the ground a bit better. other than that it's great

Takes a bit of getting used to in LFS though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws8hYmtLTwM <--quick vid of the mechanism moving
Attached images
Image6.jpg
Image7.jpg
Quote from Crashgate3 :Here we go - the pad is a PS2 pad through a USB adapter and I've just used an elastic band to hold it in place rather than pulling it apart. The mechanism works perfectly, although the whole thing needs strengthening a bit, and also fixing to the ground a bit better. other than that it's great

Takes a bit of getting used to in LFS though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws8hYmtLTwM <--quick vid of the mechanism moving

Lol, thats amazing! you just need to make the pedal a little thicker, the bit where you feet touch it
I made a clutch pedal from LEGO a few months ago, it's surprisingly strong and it works without any serious problems. I used a cheap USB joystick's circuit and one of the pots. Sorry about picture quality.
Attached images
LEGOClutch.jpg
LEGOClutch_2.jpg
Quote from mxpxun :ir ka tu tuom nori pasakyt , kad tu krutesnis ar bagotesnis ar labiau paikesnis tavo lygis? kad turi bagotus tevus ir tau jie perka viska ir $ belekiek duoda

deja pirkau is savo pinigu.
#14 - T.J.
HAhahahahah!!! I thought this was a myth! I am laughing my ass off here xD
I made a shifter out of lego and knex. The inside mechanics are knex and the shell and gates are lego, the shell is a monster, but the shifter has a surprisingly steady throw.

I don't have the electronics to put in it yet, but I plan on getting a BU0836X and using the first 3 axis' for a 3 pedal set and the first 7 buttons for the shifter. I'm going to build a custom shifter though.
Quote from DragonCommando :I made a shifter out of lego and knex. The inside mechanics are knex and the shell and gates are lego, the shell is a monster, but the shifter has a surprisingly steady throw.

I don't have the electronics to put in it yet, but I plan on getting a BU0836X and using the first 3 axis' for a 3 pedal set and the first 7 buttons for the shifter. I'm going to build a custom shifter though.

can you show me some pics of the shifter? as i might make one for my g25 too out of a joystick
Quote from G!NhO :can you show me some pics of the shifter? as i might make one for my g25 too out of a joystick

Unfortunately I can't, my camera died. When I get a new one, at which point I'll probably have the whole shifter complete. I'll make a new thread and post pics of both the knex/lego and the custom made shifters. So just watch out for that. It might not be for a while though since I'm on a tight budget right now.
I'd still be interested in seeing photos for an all metal alloy design, It could attach to the seat,

Was it hard to get games to detect 2 controllers at once doing 2 seperate things?
Nothing like a bit of innovation!

Does anyone let me use their photos to upload to my site?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG