The online racing simulator
some knowledge with 3d max an whoallaa
Quote from Robiitizz :some knowledge with 3d max an whoallaa

Shouldn't it be knowledge with Blender in this thread?
Quote from robps :Are you using a polygon light sources or just point lights? if so, you could try and replace the point lights with a polygon sphere as a light souce and disable specularity property on the body material and just go for reflection. You would have to hide them from the render - I assume that can be done in Blender?

The first two images on this thread probably show it a lot clearer than I explained. http://forums.luxology.com/discussion/topic.aspx?id=10963

In this render I only used a sun light and some ambient occlusion, but your linked render shows an object illuminated by light sources meshes and an HDR background visible on reflections only. I already tried to work with illuminating objects but this radiosity feature of Blender is weak since it doesn't cast shadows:

However I recently suppressed the sun light and modified my custom background (I don't want to put HDR in the kit)
I think I should follow the path of this technique:

I still need to work on contrast...

Quote from Thorvertonian :can you get rid of the double reflection on the nosecone of the fbm?

It's caused by the car's shape, it's a natural reflection.
Move the camera position or reduce body reflection.

Quote from Robiitizz :Hello!

Heres some my renders.

http://i261.photobucket.com/al ... /robiitizz/XRT_Robo23.png

http://i261.photobucket.com/al ... 4/robiitizz/XRT_Robo2.png

Enjoy!^^

Man your renders are nice and learned me a lesson: I must move move my lifeless cameras to better dynamic positions

Quote from samyip :Shouldn't it be knowledge with Blender in this thread?

He has not posted 3dsmax knowledge, but changing rims or cutting headlamps is not impossible to do with Blender and a future tutorial may be a good idea

Hopefully I got a (small) holiday period for next week. I'll move a bit forward will all this stuff
Quote from samyip :Shouldn't it be knowledge with Blender in this thread?

i just answered the question i was working with 3ds max before i foun this thread
Quote from Gustix :Hi

This is my newest render made in Blender

HOW did you put those awesome wheels??? can you upload some were plz
Quote from Gustix :File > import > Wavefront(.obj) then find your rim file and press Import

:/ why is that?? :/
Attached images
Untitled-1 copy.JPG
when i trying to open in 3d max i get this:
Attached images
Untitled-1 copy.JPG
Men please don't post stuff that you haven't paid in this topic
My render
Attached images
fbm.jpg
My render
I lowered the car a bit.

I got so many questions, but I will try to solve them myself just as with the car lowering.

Thank you very much for this kit. I have done this from scratch before, but soon after my first render I got a HD crash and lost everything. Thanks once again.

Edit: Could someone describe how to make the new rims smaller? I imported some new rims but I can`t seem to make them smaller in any way. Got them from here

Edit 2: I did make it in the end... I just had to read back and forth in the thread and I got my answers. The only problem now is that I can`t get the textures to work properly on the rims so I just made a grey 500x500 tga file in photoshop for the rim and a 500x500 red image for the brake calipper.
Attached images
Bilen.jpg
New rims.jpg
-
My second render (enanex) DELETED by enanex
My first render with Blender
Look my render
Attached images
render fz5.png
I got the rims to look very good, but I really need the textures to fit right so I can actually see the brake disc. I also made a little bit bigger rear wing.
Attached images
two fat XRT`s.jpg
someone help me how to open rims???
Quote from wygiuxx :someone help me how to open rims???

Just press file->import-> .3ds

And then you have to fit the wheel to the car. I used a couple of hours on that part.
finally
Attached images
supra skin.JPG
Quote from wygiuxx :finally

That just look SO nice! Good Job. How did you make the textures work right?

Edit: I finally made dual exhaust after many tries and fails. I just linked them with a bronze colored texture and here is the result.

PS: Practice makes perfect.
Attached images
Bronze Exhaust.jpg
Bronze Exhaust ANGLE 2.jpg
I am trying to make a kind of a corner of a garage in blender, but I cant get the textures right. They only get twisted or stretched. How do I insert a brick wall texture without strech?
Quote from Bogey Jammer :Everything should be in place, but to have a visible background, export your render when it's finished ("F3" key). The background is full transparent, so open the .png exported render with an image editor and add a background to it.

Can u tell me how to do this step-by-step?
just cant figure out. :rolleyes:
You would find out how, if you read the thread. You can also save the render in other formats too.
it isnt really descirbed in the thread nor in the first post.
Could I have a better description on how to have two XRT`s with different skins in one render?
Quote from Stefani24 :it isnt really descirbed in the thread nor in the first post.

It's because it's not really difficult and it depends on the image software you are using.

Quote from T.J. :Could I have a better description on how to have two XRT`s with different skins in one render?

When you get two cars in the same scene select one car's body and in the material menu select "add new" in the material selector to duplicate the body material and to customize its texture without interfering with the other one. Don't forget to check if "UV" is pressed in the "map to" tab.

Now this is the last current try of the V2 kit:

Unfortunately it tooks 13H30 to render this, something sounding unacceptable... It's mainly due to the rims material and high quality ambient occlusion. I think I'll give up glossy material because it's not reflected on the floor anyway...
If you have suggestions to make the scene look more realistic, feel free. Otherwise I'll try to resolve the last problems and release the kit.
I found out by myself last night, but thanks.

That looks SO good I cant wait for the V2.
Could you describe how to make the lights on the car to like "glow" ? I have got my hands on some new lights, but I cant get the material to look like lights.

I cant get the lights to look any better than this =/
Attached images
New lights.jpg
Quote from T.J. :I found out by myself last night, but thanks.
That looks SO good I cant wait for the V2.

Patience is the master word with V2 :biggrinfl

Quote from T.J. :
Could you describe how to make the lights on the car to like "glow" ? I have got my hands on some new lights, but I cant get the material to look like lights.

I cant get the lights to look any better than this =/

Put a parabolic reflector behind the glass surface (full mirror material) with a ball or something to simulate the bulb.

I tried many times to create my own lights mods. It's basically not hard but it must be high detailed to look realistic. My goal is to make the optical geometry as realistic as possible.
Quote from Bogey Jammer :It's because it's not really difficult and it depends on the image software you are using.

Possible with Imageshack? IF not then paint?

Ready-To-Render kit (free)
(973 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG