The online racing simulator
Question about cars in game
(8 posts, started )
Does this game offer ABS and Traction control (if so is it brake and accelerate help in options)??

And my last question is do F1 and nascar use ABS and TC??
#2 - Vain
Welcome to the forum, Scienide.
1. The cars don't have ABS or TC.
2. The braking-assist works like ABS in some situation, if I remember correctly.
2. F1 cars use a kind of TC, as far as I know. But other than that it's no for F1 and Nascar, again, as far as I know.

Vain
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
I think "Throttle help" in LFS is traction control actually. And "Brake help" is ABS, sort of.

It's probably not as efficient as F1 TC, but it fits the definition quite well.
Thank you guys so much for all your help greatly appreciated.
#5 - Vain
I used the brake-assist for a while, and both throttle- and brake-assist allow you to spin your car around the place. I haven't really figured out under what circumstances it does anything.
So it's a real big "kind of".

Vain
Quote from Vain :I haven't really figured out under what circumstances it does anything. So it's a real big "kind of".

You can see what it does under what circumstances on this short video clip (if you watch the accel. and brake bars on the right).

I'm not saying that it makes a car faster on track, it doesn't. But it is what we call traction control and ABS.
I know this may just be my opinion but LFS offers no kind of TC, i have played many other good games that allow you to take TC on and off. And in most cases (most realistic games) the moment i take off TC on a F1 it is uncannily similar to the behaviour of the F1 in LFS. SO i don't believe there is any sort of TC in the F1.
P.S. if you say that you dont spin out going around corners at 200k/m, that is because F1 cars are very light and therefore less velocity pushing it off the track.

AS for ABS in the game all brake help does is not lock the wheels i believe and puts the brake on and off very quickly, Correct me if i'm wrong but that is basically ABS.
Erm, it's been confirmed that LFS now has TC (shame), so your first paragraph isn't right. And the LFS brake help mostly just reduces the force to the brakes so it's not locking, but not as efficiently as ABS, and doesn't always stop lock ups.

And F1 cars don't 'don't spin off because they're light'. That makes almost no difference. Velocity doesn't push anything...

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG